Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

XBLA Edition

Discussion in 'Ports & Clones' started by Shoeboxam, May 29, 2012.

1. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Placeholder post for when Soartex is ported to XBLA.
  2. Rashed

Rashed Administrator

OK
    If I had an XBOX (which i was very close to getting), I'd get started. But as it stands, I don't have one :(
  3. Shoeboxam

For the time being, it is just a novelty. Few people have cracked 360's and even fewer have Minecraft. Even then it would probably have flames in blocks and water nether because it is HD and needs a patch.
  4. Rashed

Rashed Administrator

Oh yeah...
  5. thebeatles8371

thebeatles8371 Prominent Member

If I knew how to crack my xBox i would
  6. DDjusD

DDjusD Well-Known Member

I can upload the files you need. Which do you need?
  7. Shoeboxam

All of the image files! Could you also keep the images how they are nested in their folders? Thank you very much!
  8. DDjusD

DDjusD Well-Known Member

Shoeboxam likes this.
  9. Shoeboxam

Can you look around for the crafting GUI? It seems to be missing.

Also, we will need 32x and 16x versions of the terrain.png for the various mipmap stages.
  10. DDjusD

DDjusD Well-Known Member

Strange, I can't find it anywhere in the game files. As for the terrain.png, those are the only ones in there.

EDIT: It should look like this:

[​IMG]

The problem is that there is no PNG file like that in any of the files. It is probably hard coded into it or something.
  11. Shoeboxam

There are far more textures missing than just the creative inv. I was playing with my bro and was keeping an eye out for new textures. There are tons and tons of missing files. Thanks for taking a look though! I guess our best bet is waiting for an official TP implementation.
  12. DDjusD

DDjusD Well-Known Member

Probably useless for now, but I can upload all the image files in the latest update and the skin packs. If anyone wants, they can make textures for it while we wait for texture pack support. This way some will be done when the support rolls around.

EDIT: Here's the files from the latest update: http://www.mediafire.com/?ir17rekf6la3ye8

Once I figure out how to extract .pck files, I can upload the Skin Pack skins. If anyone knows how to, let me know and I'll send you the .pck files so you can try.
  13. Shoeboxam

Hmm, this still leaves me confused. The crafting GUI is missing. The lower resolution mipmaps could just be copies of the terrain.png, by the way. Full size. I really don't like how they implemented the Mipmapping. Oh and have you taken a look at their mipmap layers 2 and three? It is literally a resize with zero interpolation. They didn't even touch up the textures afterwards.

Anyways, the achievement icons can easily be made by copying items over on top of the achievement slots I made.
  14. DDjusD

DDjusD Well-Known Member

I've looked but I'm not sure where the crafting GUI is. The only thing I can think of is embedded in one of the data files. If it is then the only easy way would be to wait until they implement texture pack support. The custom textures can't even be used until they do unless you have a Jtag/RGH console. They can get started on before they implement it though. As for the achievement images, you can ignore them. They can't be changed as they are stored on the Xbox LIVE servers.
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  15. DDjusD

DDjusD Well-Known Member

I know its been a while but I have the files you were looking for now. I just unpacked one of the texture packs. Here are the files:

https://www.mediafire.com/?1186fpkz7319u7c

I think know 32x is the max you can do but feel free to try sending me a 64x copy as well. The Xbox doesn't have mod support so no custom animation files or the such. Just whats already in the files I packed up.

EDIT: I tried making a 64x pack using another texture pack. The max you can do, until someone comes up with a way to do it on the newer title updates, is 32x. Also, the new files need to be the same size or smaller or else I can't re-pack them. I can supply bigger files for you to work with but they are from a Sphax pack for 360 that someone else made.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014