Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

In Progress Walls, fences and doors (quark, botania and actually additions

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Reliikgaming, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Reliikgaming

Reliikgaming New Member

Hi,

First up I have emailed support a couple of times but had no response as yet, I wasn't aware this forum existed until today so I will post my message here.

I'm having trouble with the items in the the mods listed in the title, they are displaying as the pink and black missing textures format. I am wondering if there any plans to fix these items. I have used the resource pack for as long as I can remember and have never experienced problems before, but I guess with 1.10.2 having new mods all the while it must be a nightmare for you guys!

Anyways, I use the pack for my youtube lets plays and to be honest there isnt another pack I want to use instead so would really appreciate a response, either yes these textures can be fixed or no they will not be.

Again, I appreciate all your hard work and have enjoyed the pack for a long time so naturally I want it to work for the modpack I am currently using for my lets plays (Avant 3 on the curse launcher).

ps: Im not using optifine as it crashes the modpack, not sure if that should stop the textures rendering or not

Reliikgaming :)
  2. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

We're looking into expanding our support and fixing issues with models. In the coming weeks and next few months. Most of the team are away for University and IRL jobs. So time is sparse at the moment. But we're working on it don't worry! :)
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  3. Reliikgaming

Reliikgaming New Member

Thanks :) Like I said soartex is by far and away the best resource pack
  4. Kleindanger

Kleindanger Member

sry to ask but you still working on it bc is like 3 months ago that someone asked for help. With the pink fences etc. i cant use your great Texturepack.
  5. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

I rewrote the structure of model files in the Soartex 4.0.1 release to fix this problem. If you use the latest release of vanilla Fanver for 1.11 in your 1.10.2 minecraft instance, you *should* not experience any problems. You will need to delete the assets/minecraft folder from any universal modpack download for 1.10 (if the old model files load, they will interfere and cause these problems). At this time, I'm just waiting for Art to swap out the old version of vanilla that comes bundled with the mod downloads of the pack, for the new version that's been released.

There's some more detail on this issue here:
    https://github.com/Soartex-Modded/Modded-1.10.x/issues/30
    If you do go ahead and swap out vanilla, I'd like to know how things work for you. Please post a console log if you see an error! I can't reproduce any bugs on a 4.0.1 vanilla Fanver base, and no one has posted any console logs, so it makes it difficult to know for sure what's going wrong, if something is still broken.
  6. Kleindanger

Kleindanger Member

7. Shoeboxam

Thanks for the log! Try deleting the old Botania textures from your pack, and then add the attached textures. I fixed a few more bugs, this should work better.

Attached Files:

8. Kleindanger

Kleindanger Member

9. Shoeboxam

Can you please confirm that Fanver 4.0.0 is removed completely? If the old 4.0.0 version, which comes embedded inside the modded downloads, is still loaded by minecraft, then it will cause these errors. You can confirm this by opening your modded resource pack and deleting 'assets/minecraft.' Be sure to download Fanver 4.0.1 separately, and add it to your resourcepack menu.

Can you also confirm that the mod patch I sent you is installed correctly into the assets folder? I noticed the following line in the log:
    Code:
    [12:31:19] [Client thread/ERROR]: Unable to parse metadata from botania:textures/model/dilutedPool.png
    java.lang.RuntimeException: broken aspect ratio and not an animation
    Which I fixed in this commit and included in the above linked Botania.zip.
    https://github.com/Soartex-Modded/M...79d0645#diff-146a9ba15a871246992f95af004a12a0

You can install the botania patch by opening your modded resource pack and deleting 'assets/botania.' Then copy the contents of the above Botania.zip into its place.

Thank you! I downloaded Skyfactory to make sure things render correctly, and I don't see any problems here on 1.10, with the Botania patch and Fanver 4.0.1 only. It can be difficult to get the versions of everything to line up correctly at the moment, sorry about that.
  10. Kleindanger

Kleindanger Member

Yeah can confirm that i did everything you said.
    I did it 4 times now to be sure that i dont did anything wrong.
    btw i dont had any problems on botania after i got your patch. i just have problems on the Minecraft doors and 5 Forestry blocks. everything else works like it should.

here the log from the 4th and last try: http://pastebin.com/J7Ct24Rd

edit: tested it now with invictus and i dont got the problems only the doors looks in JEI like minecraft texture but in the world they look like they should and no problems by Forestry
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  11. Reliikgaming

Reliikgaming New Member

Just catching up on my thread!! Seems you guys have been working hard. So reading above I dont want to delete the entire assets folder as its only walls, fences and doors (as per the thread title) that are in error; so i tried the following (using Universal 4 and Vanilla 4.0.1):

1) Place Quark Endstone wall without doing any deletions (result: error texture)
    2) Observe wall after deletion of entire assets folder from Universal 4 (result: texture works fine, loss of other textures inc Chisel2 textures that I didnt want to lose)
    3) Observe wall after deletion of Quark folder from within Assets folder (result: error texture)

So my question now is until the walls are corrected is there a way I can just delete quark, actually additions and botania walls, fences and doors textures? I couldnt see a sub folder for walls anywhere in the assets folder.

Thanks again for all the hard work, hope things can be resolved soon - for the latest FTOG season I have had to use Faithful as its the only resource pack that contains all the textures, as I dont want to keep avoiding other players builds on my videos where they have used textures that have errors; I really want to get back to using Soartex as I assume at least some of my viewers would prefer me to use it, but mainly because its the only pack I really like!!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 16, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 16, 2017 ---
    Fixed! i misread the folder to delete, deleted the minecraft folder in assets and now its fine. thats why I record videos and dont build packs lol!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 16, 2017 ---
    Further additions: Using the Vanilla 4.0.1 pack works for everything but doors - bottom halves of all doors is error texture except iron doors, which is completely error texture
  12. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Could you send us a console log along with some screenshots? That would help the team figure out what might be causing that issue! :)

Best regards,
  13. Shoeboxam

Is this still an issue with the latest version of the Universal Fanver pack?

I downloaded a few modpacks and tested to make sure that doors were working with the latest Fanver Universal, Fanver Vanilla, and Invictus Vanilla packs, and cannot reproduce this issue. When you test, make sure that only the Universal pack is enabled.
  14. Reliikgaming

Reliikgaming New Member

Hi guys, as soon as I have a moment ill make sure I have the latest version - pretty sure I have as I did the things I mentioned directly after reading the responses about swapping out the minecraft folder for the vanilla version.

You probably guessed Im not massively technical, I can definately get screenshots, console log im not so sure about, but ill try (read as ill speak to some of the other guys on the server and see if they can assist me!)

Reliik
    --- Post Merged, Feb 26, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2017 ---
    Shoeboxam, yes you were right, the copy of universal I had was the previous update, so ive downloaded and activated the latest one. All problems fixed other than doors. Screenshots to follow
    --- Post Merged, Feb 26, 2017 ---
    2017-02-26_20.08.33.png 2017-02-26_20.08.55.png 2017-02-26_20.09.06.png
  15. Shoeboxam

Apparently the doors are broken due to a conflict with the mod Malisis doors. I'm going to assume you have that mod installed. Try disabling Malisis doors, then check to see if the doors load correctly.

I'm going to have to look into making our models compatible with that mod. Let me know if that fixes it!
  16. Reliikgaming

Reliikgaming New Member

Yes Malisis doors is in the Avant 3 pack. Im unable to disable it because its on the FTOG Avant 3 server. At least that was an easy one. Seriously though, thanks so much for all the efforts put into fixing the other issues - appreciated :)
  17. Shoeboxam

@Reliikgaming: Just a quick update here, Malisis doors 6.1.0 fixes the issue with pink textures. Now only the default textures load.