Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

The Wither

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Disaster86, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disaster86

Disaster86 Minecraft Modder

Added in 1.4.2
    Post all your versions of the wither PNG file here, along with at least 1 screenshot.
  2. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

Blah, the Wither is a little hard to make look cool. *stares at the second picture on kz.png thread*. Hmm...
  3. Ninten_Droid

Ninten_Droid Super Omega Ultra Member

"Just slap some pieces of a skeleton on the image and make it darker and more evil >=D"
    That's what my brain just said. He seems to be a little off today. Especially when he forgot about an important class I had today.
  4. DrumMaster4

Pretty sure that doesn't work, Ninten xD. Nice try though.
  5. Ninten_Droid

Ninten_Droid Super Omega Ultra Member

The dumb part of my brain told me to type that.
  6. gjr888

gjr888 Active Member

maybe the wither should look like a mix of the wither skeleton heads and soul sand!!! and make the faces all look sad! yes?
  7. DrumMaster4

@gjr - That seems like an interesting idea. However, we have no Wither Skeleton texture at the moment. However, it'd be great if you could throw out an idea for the Wither/Skeletons. Who knows - they could become the main texture!
  8. Sebastian

Sebastian Well-Known Member

I made these Wither textures:

wither.png wither_invul.png

Hope they'll get used in the texture pack!

2013-04-24_18.28.31.png
    2013-04-24_18.29.07.png
  9. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

I approve the black Wither however... the eye cavities, make them into a gradient shade from gray to black like the original one and a bit of lighter colors in the rib cabe like the original too IN the texture you have made

Spoiler of the original texture of the Wither:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Disaster86 likes this.
  10. gjr888

gjr888 Active Member

I approve of the wither too!
    Disaster86 likes this.
  11. Sebastian

Improved Wither:
    wither.png wither_invul.png
    The ribs have a lighter texture now and you can see the white eyes and mouth now. Hope you like it!
    2013-04-25_08.09.00.png
    Wither Invurnerable
    2013-04-25_08.09.03.png
    Wither
    2013-04-25_08.09.32.png
    Wither with Wither armor

Anything more you want me to do?o_O
    gjr888 likes this.
  12. DrumMaster4

Ooh, it looks good.

Have you edited the Wither Armor or is that just what it looks like?
  13. Sebastian

The Wither Armor isn't edited at all but the ribs and the middle head is fixed (note that the ribs have a lighter colour then the rest of the body, and the face got white eyes and mouth).
  14. That's a nice effort you put here, even if the wither heads are supposed to be herobrine blackened heads instead of wither skeletons heads ;)
  15. DrumMaster4

@Tarquins - I thought it was supposed to be wither skeleton heads. Or are you kidding? :p

@Sebastian - Have you thought about making Wither Armor, even if it's just default but soartex-ified?
  16. @Drum : To me, they look more like blackened herobrine heads than wither skeleton heads (what I mean is that they don't look like skulls but like "living heads" [notice the eyebrows]). They're some kind of a mix between the two textures.

Wither Skeleton (open)

[​IMG]

Wither (open)

[​IMG]

Herobrine (open)

[​IMG]
  17. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

They are made with wither skulls... I think it's safe to assume those are wither heads. ;)
  18. Iron golems are made with pumpkins, does that make their heads pumpkins? ^^

Anyway, I don't really care what their heads are based on, and I didn't intervene to belittle the work of Sebastian, I was just giving my opinion (that wasn't even criticism).
    gjr888 and Shoeboxam like this.
  19. DrumMaster4

Hahaha fair point there. I do see how you can think they are Wither Heads, but Shoe's right. :D
  20. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

No matter what, I think that it is a great mob. Just need to make a detailed armor. Maybe(if you can edit it) try making it have smaller lines and possibly more. Just a thought. Love it already!
  21. DrumMaster4

That was more or less what I was thinking, actually.
  22. Sebastian

Thank you guys! :)
  23. SoaringDragon

SoaringDragon Well-Known Member

... sorry to be the cynic in here but... that blue texture is still a bit too washed out, especially at the eyes. I would comment on how ridiculously tiled the texture is, but from the screenshots it doesn't seem to affect it much. Just something to keep in mind.
    GoldBattle and Shoeboxam like this.
  24. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Try something that looks less realistic...I'm sure you can pull it off! Your textures may work in another texture pack just fine but not on this smooth one. :) Looking forward too see the improvements/redos. ;)
    Valsis likes this.
  25. een_organisme_he

een_organisme_he New Member

Yes a bit less realistic, something revolutionary, not just a skull. (or three XD).
  26. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Something more in the style of Soartex Steve's face? Tarquins mentioned "herobrine blackened heads", I think that could make a good look.
  27. Sebastian

I think the Wither could have anorther look actully, but not like a human face. It should look like something more terrifying, like a Wither Skeleton, but not too much like it.
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  28. Tudoreleuu

Tudoreleuu Well-Known Member

The texture looks great, but I think the white mouth hanging out the sides like that looks a bit bad.
  29. Sebastian

Well take a look at the Wither Skellie textures and compare it to the Wither textures :) I'm not the one that made the Wither Skellie textures, I just made a base for the Witer textures, so other people can keep on working with it and use new ideas for it.
  30. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

I made some of my own changes to the wither. Yes, the tiling on them is horrendous, but it isn't all that noticeable considering it's shooting hundreds of exploding heads. The projectiles are redone and the invulnerable version is redone, colored via curves. I also redid the eye coloring.

The image shows a white eyed invul wither, this is changed in the attached image.

Attached Files:

Ben, Ninten_Droid, Sebastian and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.