Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Soartex Christmas

Discussion in 'Ports & Clones' started by Disaster86, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Disaster86

Disaster86 Minecraft Modder

HEY! I don't want to start a rivalry here, ThatsOK. Collaboration is the way to go. It's a team effort over on my thread, come join us... we have Santa Villagers and holly doors :)
  2. ThatsOk

ThatsOk New Member

:3 If it will be active XD
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Well, it will be active with whomever is inspired to make textures... No different than any other texture thread.

Christmas being less than two months away, I'd love to help make some textures for it!
    GoldBattle likes this.
  4. ThatsOk

ThatsOk New Member

Currently compiling the textures from this thread into one pack! Thanks for your help! I appreciate it :)
  5. Disaster86

Disaster86 Minecraft Modder

6. ThatsOk

ThatsOk New Member

Thanks much! What do you think about the ideas? Some are new XD Some I just re-listed.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 1, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 1, 2013 ---
    Okay... So about the bat becoming a robin.. I've been playing around with making the wings.... I got this. (Of course, this is just lineart XD it will be recolored and such later)

[​IMG] I actually am really bad at making it colorful, and should it be a robin or a jay?

Screenshot!!
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  7. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

How about a brambly, snow covered bush?
    double_plant_paeonia_bottom.png
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Disaster86, Floppygunk, LMB10 and 3 others like this.
  8. Thir13en

Thir13en Well-Known Member

I tried to make a "santa-zombie-villager". I don't know if it's good enough or not.

9. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

Hello!
    I went to the oculist and he told me no PC, phone or TV for me for a few weeks, and I haven't been able to make, post, or do anything on the forums.
    My first textures in a while, and my first contributions for the X-mas pack:

Glass w/ snow!

glass.png

CTM glass w/ snow!

I have a cracked minecraft so MCpatcher or Optifine don't work for me, so I couldn't see the CTM glass ingame. Can someone please try them out? Thanks! So, instead I made some kind of a preview...

1.png 2.png 3.png
    13.png 15.png
    37.png 39.png
    12.png
    36.png

The content from the zip goes directly in your pack folder. Put the assets folder from the zip onto your assets folder

Attached Files:

10. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Welcome back Redflex! Good to have you Soartexturing again :)
    I like the idea. Here's a screenshot:
    Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]
    It didn't look quite right, so I modified it a bit:
    Texture (open)
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]
    I don't think either of these fit well...

Edit:
    This looks pretty good:
    Texture (open)
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]
    Fullmoon224 likes this.
  11. Thir13en

Hohoho!
    Here is some new christmas' stuffs to complete the pack. Hope you like them. ;)

Candle (replace torch) :
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Orange (replace apple) :
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Candy Cane (replace sugar) :
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chocolate Egg (replace... yeah, you guessed it) :
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Super Bonus for the lulz :
    Show Spoiler
    This texture makes me smile more than it should. But I like the appearance it has. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In addition, I had some ideas for possible textures :
    - Creeper <-> Grinch head creeper
    - Cookie <-> Gingerbread man
    - ? <-> Socks
    - ? <-> Sprig of holly
    - ? <-> Bells

What do you think of this, guys?
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Wow Thir13en! And to think I didn't have any ideas!

I don't know if we should add this, but to make the item names match we can add the following to lang/en_US.lang:
    Code:
    item.sugar.name=Candy Cane
    item.apple.name=Orange
    tile.torch.name=Candle
    (I figured there's no need to change the egg's name)

Edit: How about some christmas-themed music:
    http://www.mediafire.com/listen/prreueoffyyuy6a/cat.ogg
    Put this in sounds/records.
    The creater of the music (alacazam), although not having been seen for 2 years, let people use his music in their projects. Also, this one isn't on any of his albums, so I think it's good to use.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    DeusExMachina and Thir13en like this.
  13. Thir13en

@Floppygunk : The music is really cool and fits well. Like it.

Made a little gingerbread man to replace cookie texture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(I also tried to make this "grinch face creeper", and... it's so ugly. I give up.)
  14. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

I love your work Thir13en! :)
    Thir13en likes this.
  15. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Hello!

I've been going through this thread for a little Xmas surprise and discovered that the textures that appear in the screenshots aren't posted. While there is not much we can do (unless the people that made them come back and post them), I'm sure you all have made or are gonna make some great textures. Hurry up, Christmas is near and your little gifts have to be under the trees soon ;) If you got no inspiration, look though this thread for some ideas. They are plenty! You can also suggest things yourself.

I already downloaded whatever I could find here, in one folder. CTM seems a bit tricky to...place....Yeah, I donno what I'm doing when it comes to that so some help would be appreciated... *nervous laugh* :confused:

To see what we have so far (it's messy at the moment, I just grabbed what I could find without bothering to arrange it :oops: as that will come later ;)) download the zip.

Quick, people! Let's add some more awesome textures to that! :)

Attached Files:

16. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Are we gonna release Christmas edition without Minecraft 1.7 support? It's not gonna be that popular if it doesn't work with 1.7.
  17. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

Well, I already have a screenshot of the vanilla glass, but not the ctm glass. Sorry, I didn't say clearly what i wanted. I asked for someone who has optifine or mcpatcher to take a screenshot of the ctm glass for me because i don't have it.
  18. KillerCreeper112

KillerCreeper112 New Member

Soartex Fanver and Sphax are my most favorite resource packs ever! And I LOVE when they add seasonal textures because I have a lot of skins for the seasons, for example: Xmas Skin, Thanks Giving Skin, Halloween Skin, Halloween Costume Skin, etc. I think you should make something like Sphax Xmas. There is stairs and if you place them you get a 3D Model. Sphax Xmas uses red sandstone stairs and (I cant think of the other stair) and one of them has furniture and tech and one has decorations and toys. And you should make chests present and melons presents. Also enderman elves, netherrack "Frost Stone" and nether quartz ore "Frost Ore". And maybe the ghasts could be a christmas spirt that flys around and the blazes called "Frosts". All the trees should have or-dements on them. And pigs, cows, chickens, sheep, creepers, zombies, etc have santa hats (if your not gonna change them to something else). You should make one of the ore and ingot of the ore to a candy cane ore, maybe gold to candy cane ore? I dont know. And you can make the bow into a candy cane bow. Thats not even half of my ideas but Im gonna stop it here just to see if you'll use one of my ideas. I wish I can apply to help make the texture but I have a MacBook and for Christmas I will be getting a Alien Ware (Maybe, hopefully). I hope you like my ideas and maybe use some of them. Thank you so much for reading.

(Val - screaming colors will drift people into not reading your post.)
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  19. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

@KillerCreeper112 We already have a really small team dealing with the updates for Minecraft in general. It's hard for us to update the pack on time for new updates to the point we do not have time for themed packs as of now.

We love the idea since we've been trying to work on it for two years to say the least however, our team is made of fans and we have little to no time to seriously invest in making extra packs for Soartex. We have highschool/college students to people who have jobs that try their best to work in the pack however we can only do so much with the spare time we have, if we have any.

Themed Packs are not a priority for us since our main goal is to get the main pack out first. Whatever comes next will be done when we have the time for it.

Best regards,