Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Soartex 32x

Discussion in 'Ports & Clones' started by Shoeboxam, May 5, 2012.

1. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

Even thought I couldn't work on it as much as I would've liked, I think it turned out spectacularly, and I liked some of my textures as well.

I'll be playing with it the next few days just to see if I think anything should be changed. May also work on some new textures / alternate textures for it.
    Shoeboxam and GoldBattle like this.
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Stupid question but... does this pack only work with 1.6? Cause I wanted it for 1.5 too ;_;
  3. DrumMaster4

Yes, only works for 1.6. Let me see if I can find a texture pack downgrader for you...
  4. Stormtroopper

Stormtroopper New Member

does this texture pack keeps on updating? :) pls i want if its done :)
  5. Fumoffu616

Fumoffu616 New Member

When you first play minecraft there are a few things you need to make before you can carry on in the game, this is probably the least important on your guys list.... But the crafting table, my friends, is probably the memorable block from soartex for me. So here it is, they aren't the best, I recreated most of it from memory, but eventually realized mine was actually much darker then the real crafting table, so I sampled some colors and made it happen.

EDIT: I feel silly :( I hadn't realized someone had done the crafting table already! oh well :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    2714491883MP and Shoeboxam like this.
  6. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

Yes it is updated by the community
  7. DrumMaster4

So, I just made a beacon, but the background part (outside border) is almost straight black. That needs a change but here it is so far:

[​IMG]
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  8. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Texture packs in general will never get 100% done due to constant updates In the game itself, however, customizers are available for everyone to make their own pack accordind to the textures people like the most.

There's a lot of work to do still. Reason why we have such an active forum comunity.

Keep checking the threads to be updated on our latest work ;)
  9. ArtBleed

ArtBleed Well-Known Member

I remember asking about this pack a while on the forums and was told it didn't exist. Did this get abandoned?
  10. DrumMaster4

@ArtBleed yes, it seems like this project has been abandoned because no progress has been made in 2 years. However, if you are looking for a less resource-intensive pack, try downloading Soartex Lite!
  11. ArtBleed

ArtBleed Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that will not suit my needs. Our server has mods, so lite would just give my server players really nice vanilla textures, and then all their modded textures would be... well.. poo. I'll simply have to use an alternative pack, I have a lot of players with older machines and laptops that simply cannot handle the weight of sortex 64. It's a pity that players with less powerful machines are not privy to the beauty of soartex beyond vanilla. Thank you anyway.
  12. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

We can't support 32x for modded in any way. Due the amount of textures and such. We can only support a "Lite" version for Vanilla and that's about it. We're a small team and the base pack is x64 so that's our main focus. Maybe in a later date if we get a larger team x32 might be possible but for now it won't be a thing. Sorry this is not really the answer you're looking for but we can't keep all users happy with a small team it's just not possible.
    DrumMaster4 likes this.