Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Resignment from Soartex

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shoeboxam, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Hello contributors,
    I have resigned from my administrative position and oversight of vanilla Soartex, the customizer and the forums. My purpose is to acquire more jurisdiction over my work and receive fewer distractions. I appreciate the contributors who have helped me in my pursuit of texturing over the past two years and I wish the best for vanilla Fanver in the days to come.

I will continue to contribute to the modded version of Soartex, and will continue to give technical support for pack preparation and server maintenance as we go forward- I really don't want bugs hindering Fanver.

Soartex for 1.7 is the first pack ever released by Fanver without me playing a direct role in compiling and curating the content. Please support Sheynx as she takes over this role. Her compilation of the community's work for 1.7 is now available in the downloads page. ;)

I am working to create a pack to meet my own artistic goals, titled "Invictus," which will not to be used in releases of Fanver. All of my existing work on the forums and within the pack remains free to use, of course, and I will likely be contributing a number of my new textures to the mod support as I continue.

I thank everyone for their contributions to this wonderful community!
    MC9272 likes this.
  2. Unzanfa

Unzanfa New Member

Soartex Fanver without Shoe is not the real Soartex Fanver... You'll be dearly missed.
    Thank you for all you've done for Fanver and for this community/forum.
    Take care, my friend!
    Floppygunk, redflex1235 and Valsis like this.
  3. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

@Unzanfa , I couldn't have said it better even if i tried.
    Shoe taught me how to texture, and i will remember that day for as long as i'm Soartexturing... Good luck with Invictus, i'm sure it will be a great pack...
    *cries a bit inside*
  4. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

I want to thank you, Shoe, for everything you've done for Soartex. You were pretty much the leader, dealing with all the financial stuff and administrating the site, customer interactions, and you are an amazing texturer. Even when some of us were burnt out or lost interest, you were still here making textures. Soartex wouldn't have gotten this far without your help.
    I wish you good luck in all your journeys, and may you happily texture (or whatever you feel like doing) until the end of your days. :)
    DrumMaster4 and Sheynx like this.
  5. Unzanfa

Unzanfa New Member

I just noticed that @GoldBattle has retired as well... What a shame. You two guys (Shoe and Golddie) were like the 2 sides of a single coin. GoldBattle, you will be dearly missed as well. Thank you for all you've done, and take care of yourself.