Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Archived Question about using the pack

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LANMind, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANMind

LANMind New Member

This site seems more like it's for devs, but I have no idea where to go with questions about using the pack. Tell me where to go if it isn't here.

I have downloaded the modded pack, and I want to add a few of the other mods to it. I have them downloaded. Now what, just copy them in? And does the link to the mod pack always contain the latest of the mods that are already included, or should I plan on dragging those in as well?

Thanks.
  2. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

I guess you could say it's more for devs, but I'm always open to questions.

Soartex_Modded.zip includes every single mod, but it happens to be a little old right now. It sounds like you downloaded individual mod patches from files.soartex.net/mods. You can just copy them into the Soartex_Fanver.zip and they will work!

The easiest way to install these newer mod patches and keep them updated is to use the Mod Patcher. It will install these patches for you and keep track of updates for them.
  3. LANMind

LANMind New Member

Yeah, I tried the patcher but I get "The externalconfig.txt file is the default!"
  4. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

Download this one. Here. You probably got it a bit mixed up with the default one that was created for all texture pack artist to use. Hope this helps!
  5. LANMind

LANMind New Member

That works - thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.