Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

quality of the texture pack

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cody, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Cody

Cody New Member

Hi I'm new and I wanted to post saying that I really love this texturepack, but what would make it better is if there was a 256x256 version and possibly a 512x512, I was wondering if this was going to happen as I would love to play and not see the pixels on the leaves, etc. It would be awesome, and good job I,ve been using this pack for a long time.
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Hello Cody and welcome!

As far as I'm aware we're not looking forward to make a 256/512 high resolution of the pack because that makes packs look extremely realistic and Soartex Fanver is not a realistic Resource Pack.

Right now what we have is the 64x64 Pack that everyone knows and a modjam that has a 32x32 resolution but still preserving the Fanver style.

I hope my information was useful in any way and feel free to walk around the forum and look over our work!

Best regards,
    Valsis
    Cody likes this.
  3. Cody

Cody New Member

Yea thank you for the reply, although it is not a realistic texture, I always thought of it as a modern type of styling and has helped me with some of my house creations, modern style housing that is, I had requested about the 256 at least because I love the smooth feel of the texture pack already but when I bump-map with shader's the leaves are amazing but its just those pixels, ya know, but I love the pack heaps.
    P.s. I have the texture pack as a 128x128, I downloaded this from the minecraft forums, is this you, or has someone else done this?

Sincerely Cody.
  4. Valsis

There's no release of Soartex Fanver in any other quality besides the 64x64, which means, someone is taking advantage over our hard work.

If possible link us the texture pack that is being released with such resolution because, the person who's doing it is not only breaking Planet Minecraft's rules in posting content that is not 100% original and the person is also breaking our own licensing over the pack.

Thank you,
    Valsis
    Cody, DrumMaster4 and Sheynx like this.
  5. Cody

Cody New Member

Ok, I cant seem to find the link I do apologies for that, but I did compare the two and noticed that the 128 was falsely named to confuse the community. I do apologies for this however

Sincerely-
    Cody
  6. Valsis

But if someone is using our work under a different name it's still going against our licensing and also Planet Minecraft's submission rules.

If you can provide us the name of the pack that is using our work we can try and find it so we can report it.

Thank you,
    Val*
    Cody likes this.
  7. Cody

Cody New Member

Yep it just says Soartex Fanver 128x that is all, and I went searching but cant find it anymore, maybe it has already been reported, I'm not to sure, sorry that I do not have enough info on this, I was curious if there was a higher pack and I now think i found a fraud one, so i again apologize for not knowing every detail.
  8. Valsis

You did a good job so far don't worry :)
    Let's hope that, if the pack is still out there, we can catch it and report it!

Good job in informing us of this. *thumbs up*
    Cody likes this.
  9. Cody

Cody New Member

Thank you, and I love this pack and all the work you have done to it, Ill try and help as much as possible, and P.s. I love the night sky with mcpatcher, all the nebulars, and aurora borealis so awesome :D
    Valsis likes this.
  10. Valsis

The borealis was actually my idea but it was close to not being possible to be done due to how complex it is to make it work but, thanks to Shoeboxam, he made it possible, he made it real!!

Go Shoe!
    Cody likes this.
  11. Cody

Cody New Member

Awesome I love this pack so much I use the shaders with it and it is amazing :D