Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Update Mojang out pacing Soartex?

Discussion in 'News & Discussions' started by Viz, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Viz

Viz New Member

Mojang just updated again on all platforms and I was wondering if :

1. The 1.11.2 update is going to push the release date back even further?

2. In August Soartex tweeted about a PE version "soon". Mojang also just updated that version to 1.0 is this
    still in the works or has it been axed?

Sorry but it just seems like Mojang is way out running what Soartex is able to keep up with.
    I really would hate to have to get a different pack. It truly is my favorite one!

Soartex hinted on twitter that the PC version might be out before Christmas. As previously noted, they also hinted back in August that there was going to be a PE version soon.

Can anyone give us more definitive answer to the status of the update for the PC and the creation of the PE version?
  2. Valsis

Valsis Graphic Designer / Fanver Developer Staff Member

Mojang will always be in front of every Resource Pack in the Minecraft world as Resource Packs cannot be updated unless the game has an update to begin with.

1. Packs are interchangeable between game versions. Soartex for 1.11 will be compatible with all future 1.11.x updates as the pack.mcmeta will be the same for all.

2. Regarding PE only one person, @artdude543 is working on it so, he might be able to reply to this in a better way than me.

3. We're severely understaffed and we're doing what we can with the little to no time we have after real life jobs. Only one person working on PE(@artdude543 ), only 2 people working on the Vanilla side (@JasonZ617 who has school, and myself who has a job).

4. We're planning on releasing the Pack on Christmas Day (25th) as we're doing some finishing touches and make sure everything is according to our standards to be released.

I truly understand some people's frustration however I want to say this again that, we are a community who does this in our free time, when we happen to have it. We're not getting the help we were hoping to get which makes every update even harder to continue, yet we refuse to give up. At least I will not give up on the pack. All I can ask is patient as things will come in time.

Pressure only makes us, makes me, get even more frustrated. This is supposed to be seen as a hobbie, yet there's quite the amount of people who might be thinking we do this for a living, as an actual job. We don't and this is not a job, yet it feels like one considering the amount of pressure that is put on us almost every day.

Again, no need to rush :)

Best regards,
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  3. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

@Viz: Invictus is ready now. I'll be releasing it officially today. I have not only made the normal textures, but I've also textured almost all the block variants. Everything down to the lock on the repeaters, and the tripwire hook, has custom textures or models. I'd say I'm ahead of Mojang on this one. :p
    I don't accept texture contributions, but I do keep development public and transparent.
    https://github.com/InvictusGraphics/Invictus_Textures

I don't agree with the thought that Mojang is outpacing Soartex. If I earned from this project like I would a job, then I'd update it immediately. However, it's a hobby project, and so it comes after finals and work. Nevertheless, all I need is a weekend once or twice a year to update my pack.

Maybe I should look into PE support.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  4. Ridzt

Ridzt New Member

@Shoeboxam It's getting released earlier than I thought
  5. Viz

Viz New Member

Sweet 1.11.2 out thank you so much and excellent job!
    I was not aware that there was only like two people working on this.
    From the forum it seemed like there was a bunch of people working on Soartex.
    Thank you for your dedication and efforts. This is by far my favorite!!!
  6. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Yeah, earlier on, Fanver vanilla was more community driven. We really filled out the forum, and there was a large pool of contributors- just look at the credits. Nowadays, the pack has matured, and everything has been textured. It's to be expected!

We still have a pretty good community over on modded though, there's always a bunch of work to be done over there.
    Ridzt and DrumMaster4 like this.
  7. Valsis

Valsis Graphic Designer / Fanver Developer Staff Member

Hello there @Viz and @Ridzt

I would like to inform you that the Soartex Fanver pack for 1.11 has been released today as a Christmas gift for all the fans.
    We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :)

Best regards and Merry Christmas,
    Ridzt likes this.
  8. Ridzt

Ridzt New Member

Hey Valsis, thank you for giving us a good Christmas gift on Christmas morning and Merry Christmas to you also :)
    Valsis likes this.