Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Mod Support / Information

Discussion in 'Modded Textures' started by artdude543, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Nethkhar

Nethkhar Well-Known Member

Hi, I just want to check before I go about tackling some of the mod textures, that the file in the mod lists title ~Untextured.txt is a list of all textures in a mod that are still vanilla and these are free to be worked on.
  2. AeroyrHwrdd

AeroyrHwrdd Well-Known Member

To my knowledge there was a massive overhaul on the untexted list so they are mostly if not completely up to date, give or take recent additions in the last few days.
    Are there any particular mods you have your eye on? Val and crew say we should feel free to add new mod folders via json files on the Git.
  3. Nethkhar

Nethkhar Well-Known Member

I've actually been working on Pams Harvestcraft. There's a few done that i'm happy with in my game but they're nowhere near good enough for Soartex. I do plan on uploading them and just leaving them to be either adjusted or dumped by your crack team. I'm afraid I don't have the skill or the creative flair to make them look good enough for the pack, but someone might be able to do something with them to make them right.

As for json files, I don't know what they are lol, I barely know how to use github.
  4. AeroyrHwrdd

AeroyrHwrdd Well-Known Member

As far as I know the Pam's untextured file is up to date from my skulking the Github too long.

I'm very much similar. I still have to look over the how to Github. I think I look each time I submit a pull request. :p
    http://wiki.soartex.net/modded/02-04-2015/making-a-modpack-json/ They have this for adding mod .jsons.

Also I feel my skill lacks too, like I don't really know what the standard techniques are employed for the Soartex pack. I think someone mentioned using 'noise' to me once but there isn't a list of standard techniques I've seen that people usually employ when making soartex textures. I wish there was. For us less than confident in our own work, I asked about an IRC or something for a bit more cohesion within the community, idea and texture sharing. Valsis said they're thinking of setting up a private Discord soon, so that's good. There are times when I've thoguht 'I can't do the twigs for these berries' or 'I can't make the 3D effect right' and just wanted to pass it to someone more adept. I feel with this sort of back up we could increase quality and efficiency.