Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Important Mod Contributions/Texture Submissions

Discussion in 'Modded Textures' started by artdude543, Jan 6, 2014.

1. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

Sorry for the late replies / help with things on here. Most of the team has new jobs IRL and time is slim at the moment. But we're still here don't threat! We're looking to support 1.9 soon (For modded) and will be skipping 1.8. So if we can let's start porting over to 1.9 :) But for the time being here are some replies to the posts in the last few months. And a huge thank you to all have supported us so far! :D

I've taken some of the textures and going to add them to the repo soon. The flowers I have passed on to our flower person to be checked before pulling in. Thanks for the textures so far!

Thanks for your texture support I have reviewed these and will be merging to our repo shortly.

Thanks again for the texture support will be pulling to the repo shortly.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2016 ---
    The textures you have quoted have been in the pack for ages. Please update your downloads or check that the modpack download supports the mods natively or that our JSON files need to be updated.
  2. AeroyrHwrdd

AeroyrHwrdd Well-Known Member

Unless there is something more up to date than the Github I cannot see them all.
    Runes and flowers from Botania are there, and the zinc ore, ingots, plates, copper ingots and such are there as well as a few other items. I grant you.

Missing from Git:

Botania: Mana pearl, mana diamond and the (i believe it's the) manasteel armour set.

Flaxbeards: All models textured by Thir13en, all GUIs textued by Thir13en (no GUIs or Models folder in Git), (wow, many items missing and many blocks missing), nuggets, exosuit plates (copper, iron, gold and brass), gilded iron items, moulds, steamed food, jetpack, various weapons and ammo, a few smashed ores, poor zinc ore, copper ore, many machinery blocks, book, ender shroud, brass turbine, astrolabe, spyglass, cannister, (i think the saw needs a rename, it is currently axe0.png and axe1.png I don't know, see what you think).
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  3. rhn

rhn New Member

Why are so many of these additions still missing from the packs? Hedge's botania flowers and Chisel blocks for example are not to be found.
    Had to add them in myself.
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  4. Dase

Dase New Member

• Mod Name : Light bridges and doors
    • Mod Version : V 2.0
    Mod Page

Textures (open)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  5. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Hello all,
    I have worked through the entire thread, and have committed all submitted textures. I did cull a few posts due to quality. There ended up being eight commits to 1.7.10 and a commit to 1.5.2. I am also checking up on the mod packaging/distro system to ensure the updates make it to the servers from github (they should automatically).

I will be watching this thread for submissions, and will have the submissions committed to the mod repository within a week of their posting, should they be properly packaged in zip files and labeled as shown in the OP. I'm not a fan of the slow turnaround time to get responses and files uploaded to the repo- so consider it fixed!

Have fun texturing!
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    AeroyrHwrdd likes this.
  6. AeroyrHwrdd

Lovely! *buries themselves in sparkly textures*
  7. sweetwilliam

sweetwilliam New Member

Mod Name: Twilight Forest
    Mod Version: 1.7.10-2.3.7

Armor Textures (open)

Armor
    fiery_1.png fiery_2.png knightly_1.png knightly_2.png naga_scale_1.png naga_scale_2.png phantom_1.png steeleaf_1.png steeleaf_2.png

I have lots more, 135 block textures alone. I am not fluent in Git or I would work there instead - is there a way for me to post these in a way that will be least annoying for you folks to review? Multiple posts maybe?
    AeroyrHwrdd likes this.
  8. MineExplorer4595

MineExplorer4595 New Member

Mod: EnderIO
    Mod Version: 2.3.0.428 beta

I made textures for the Hootch Bucket and the Rocket Fuel Bucket
    Textures (open)

Hootch Bucket:
    bucketHootch.png
    Rocket Fuel Bucket:
    bucketRocket_fuel.png
    Screenshots (open)

2017-04-17_19.05.42.png 2017-04-17_19.06.00.png 2017-04-17_19.06.10.png
  9. Shoeboxam

Awesome! Your best bet is a .zip file. We also have a slack group if you're interested. Those armors look neat! I'll be happy to commit them to the git repository in your name.

We try to make this place a good environment for learning and teaching, too. Would you like some comments on your textures? If you're using Gimp, I can even send you an XCF with some ideas.

@MineExplorer4595 : Thanks for the buckets. You are also welcome to the slack, of course. The buckets are now on the repository:
    https://github.com/Soartex-Modded/Modded-1.10.x/commit/56c53cd307d11e5c32869c41d251e3bdd0e323fa
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  10. MineExplorer4595

Mod: Blood Magic
    Mod Version: 2.1.9-78 for MC 1.10.2

I made textures for the Teleposition Sigil and the Transposition Sigil.
    Textures (open)

Teleposition Sigil:
    TelepositionSigil.png
    Transposition Sigil:
    TranspositionSigil.png
    Screenshots (open)

2017-05-13_16.36.22.png 2017-05-13_16.36.33.png 2017-05-13_16.36.43.png
    Shoeboxam and AeroyrHwrdd like this.
  11. AeroyrHwrdd

Beautifuls and welcome the both of you.
    MineExplorer4595 likes this.
  12. MineExplorer4595

Hi!
    I just made some new textures.
    Mod Name: Pam's HarvestCraft
    Mod Veriosn: Pam's HarvestCraft 1.9.4-1.10.2h

Textures (open)

Candles:
    candleDeco1.png candleDeco2.png candleDeco3.png candleDeco4.png candleDeco5.png candleDeco6.png candleDeco7.png candleDeco8.png candleDeco9.png candleDeco10.png candleDeco11.png candleDeco12.png candleDeco13.png candleDeco14.png candleDeco15.png candleDeco16.png

Some new seeds:
    Curry Leaf Seed, Sesame Seed and Water Chestnut Seed
    curryleafseedItem.png sesameseedsseedItem.png waterchestnutseedItem.png
    Barley:
    barleyItem.png
    Pumpkin Bread:
    pumpkinbreadItem.png
    cheese on toast:
    cheeseontoastItem.png
    beans on toast:
    beansontoastItem.png
    Some new sandwiches:
    Gooseberry Jelly Sandwich, Ham and sweet pickle sandwich, Honey Sandwich, Pear Jelly Sandwich and Plum Jelly Sandwich
    gooseberryjellysandwichItem.png hamsweetpicklesandwichItem.png honeysandwichItem.png pearjellysandwichItem.png plumjellysandwichItem.png

Screenshots (open)

2017-05-25_13.57.30.png 2017-05-25_13.57.48.png 2017-05-25_13.59.01.png 2017-05-25_14.00.07.png 2017-05-25_14.01.28.png 2017-05-25_14.04.29.png
    All the textures are in the attached .zip file.

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  13. Shoeboxam

Show Spoiler

@MineExplorer4595: Those textures look really fun! I went ahead and added them to the modded repository. They will be automatically packaged into the modpacks within a day or two.
    Pam's Harvestcraft:
    https://github.com/Soartex-Modded/Modded-1.10.x/commit/538a7b25534eee2013c36b081a28747a20892d12
    Blood Magic:
    https://github.com/Soartex-Modded/Modded-1.10.x/commit/2bc34840f0749979548135509c4b6d7be93b7b9e

I like your work, but I couldn't help but tweak the candle. I want to give back some helpful feedback.
    candle.png
    The shape is really interesting, so I didn't bother adjusting that at all. Unfortunately, the candle looked pretty flat, so I used the dodge/burn tool to add some depth. I set my burn brush to a single pixel, hard edge enabled, and the opacity down to ~30%. I started out with a brush size of about 7px, to shade large portions of the candle quickly. As large shadows started to form on the base, I reduced my brush size gradually down to 1px. Any face on the top or right side gets more dodge and less burn, and any face on the bottom and left gets more burn and less dodge. This gives the impression that light is coming from the top, and maybe a bit from the right.

Sorry about the long turnaround, I didn't get the notification on this post. I noticed your status update.
    MineExplorer4595 likes this.
  14. MineExplorer4595

Thanks for your feedback. I made improved candle based on yours. They're in the .zip archive. Here's an example:
    Textures (open)

candleDeco2.png

Attached Files: