Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Important Mod Contributions/Texture Submissions

Discussion in 'Modded Textures' started by artdude543, Jan 6, 2014.

1. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

I have added most of your submissions some need some work. Like the Emerald / Diamond but I've pushed the ones which are amazing and work well with the pack to the main repo. Which will be available for people to use once the next build script runs :) Many thanks!
  2. AeroyrHwrdd

AeroyrHwrdd Well-Known Member

Wow, @Hedge you are on fire and you are very skilled and talented. I wish I got carried away in such an efficient way.
  3. Hedge

Hedge Member

Mod name: Storage Drawers Natura, Storage Drawers Misc, Storage Drawers Forestry
    Mod version: Forestry 1.0.5, Misc 1.0.1, Natura 1.0.4

I recolored the Storage Drawers addon packs. Most of the already textured planks now have storage drawers that are also textured.
    The natura pack even has alt textures because I liked the 4 plank style better.

Textures (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. AeroyrHwrdd

Damn, so lovely. I shall be using these.
    Mmmm, is the Zebrawood supposed to be untextured?
  5. leagris

leagris Member

Thank-you so much Hedge!

Your contributions have been ported to our repository.
    Here: https://github.com/Soartex-Modded/Modded-1.7.x/compare/9d20ce456c41...96b5226380ea
  6. Xenrae

Xenrae New Member

Hey folks. Looking for a Soartex version of the Thaumometer. I've downloaded a few instances of Fanver for Thaumcraft and can't find one anywhere. Has SF never gone that far with a texture pack for Thaumcraft? That seems odd. Any help is appreciated.
  7. leagris

leagris Member

The Thaumometer is a an item with a custom rendering, composited from multiple surface meshes.
    Textures are already hi-resolution and dynamically scaled:

Code:
    /assets/thaumcraft/textures/models/scanner.png
    scanner.png
    Code:
    /assets/thaumcraft/textures/models/scanscreen.png
    scanscreen.png
    There is no meaningful texture we can customise with Soartex.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. Xenrae

Xenrae New Member

Thank you. Never looked for "scanner."

I am just trying to put the already existing SF textures in the right places for Thaum 5. Everything has been renamed and moved around from TC4.

The texture actually can be customized, but Azanor seems to have changed the item entirely. I've attached the .png for the current Thaumometer, now animated, which does not appear to be as complex as previous iterations, and does not use two hands in-game. However, I'm new to Thaumcraft, and perhaps the two-handed version is something my character grows into...?

Interestingly enough, scanner.png is not found in TC5 files, but the meta file is still there. A footprint from the last version, I suspect. The file shown here is thaumometer.png in the TC5 files. This is what I'd thought to edit into something for SF using a past SF version of it.

Thanks again for your help :)

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
  9. Xenrae

Xenrae New Member

Hello folks. For Thaumcraft 5, I've made the Infernal Furnace texture shown here. I used existing SoartexFanver graphics (unknown author), and modified them to fit the TC5 texture. Highlights were added.

SF for TC5 - Infernal Furnace (open)
    [​IMG]
    TC5 Default Image - Infernal Furnace (open)
    [​IMG]
  10. Hedge

Hedge Member

Mod Name: Botania
    Mod Version: r1.8-247

I've been doing a bit more of the botania textures, mostly the flowers and some items.
    I'm quite happy how most of them turned out.

And of course the garden of glass skybox, I made those ribbons in the sky transparent because they just annoyed me.

Textures (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Xenrae

Xenrae New Member

Nice work, Hedge. :)
  12. AeroyrHwrdd

Damn, Hedge, you've been a fabulous busy bee.
  13. Hedge

Hedge Member

Thanks guys, I was a bit hesitant to start with the flowers but it was easier than I expected.
  14. NabbieKitty

NabbieKitty Well-Known Member

Mod Name: Archimedes' Ships
    Mod Version: 1.7.1 (Minecraft 1.7.10)

This mod is one of my favorites! I have completed all the textures for it.

Textures (open)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  15. AeroyrHwrdd

Damn awesome.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 21, 2016 ---
    Oooh, I really despise you for saying that ;P Jokes. Serious though, I wish I started something and found it easier than expected.
  16. Tedtricks

Tedtricks New Member

Hi people! New to the forum ^.^ I just wanted 2 things, 1st is THANKS TEXTUREMAKERS <3 ur work is amazing :) 2nd, im playing FTB Infinity Evolved, and I have Invictus, but looks like some textures are missing (see laboratory blocks, still use default 16x texture for example) and im making a HUGE project, where I need some of them, so I mixed another textures with Invictus... Some of them look well, other dont, so I would like to know if someone is working on this, and also if not, how can I make textures for em? Oh almost forgot, I saw some pics on reddit of bases with Soartex textures, and looks like he has already laboratory blocks with Soartex, for FTB Monster.. If I download textures for Monster and replace em for the ones that I have should it work? Sorry for my bad english, im Spanish :D
  17. Hedge

Hedge Member

I'm pretty sure Soartex doesn't have the chisel laboratory blocks yet, so feel free to start on them. I'm working on chisel blocks, currently struggling with the technical and factory blocks.
    If you need an example file for the ctm's or something, give me a message. :)
  18. AeroyrHwrdd

I have managed the rowan berries for Witchery, only now I am stuck for what to do for stalks to accompany them.
    Rowan Berries (open)
    rowan berries.PNG

If you anyone has a ideas, I will send you the original .psd file.
  19. Tedtricks

Tedtricks New Member

Thanks for answering !! ^^ Well, I will look how to make textures since I never did it before :p If I need help I will ask for it ^^ thanks a lot mate !
  20. AeroyrHwrdd

Mod name: Botania
    Mod version: No idea when it was added originally, took it from r1.8-249 for 1.7.10

Not entirely sure about it, not enough to submit it to Github straight away. What does a Soartex reviewer think?

The pendant string is my work, the snowflake is a tweaked original image from the snow background.

http://imgur.com/lZDA99B
  21. Hedge

Hedge Member

Looks alright to me, maybe a bit more noise in the string part to prevent it looking to smooth.

Are you going to do the rest of the botania items as well?
  22. AeroyrHwrdd

Cheers.
    Sure thing, more noise. Noted.
    I have no commitment to them. I was having trouble with Witchery items and was browsing any unfinished textures just to see if I had any ideas to achieve any of them. My skills and creativity aren't exactly easily available and there aren't the video tutorials. I'm very surprised I've managed to achieve what I have so far to be honest :p
  23. Teslakoyal

Teslakoyal Well-Known Member

I took some time and did a few updates for the 1.8.9 FTB Unstable pack. Most of the mods in it are not supported by Soartex as they are newer mods.
    I have done a direct port over from the 1.7.10 master GitHub file and in some cases I added few textures of my own to the following mods;

Baubles - ported
    Biomes'O'Plenty - ported
    Blood Magic - Ported
    Botania - Ported
    Buildcraft - Ported and added missing pipe textures
    Chisel - Ported
    Computercraft - ported and added command computers all colored turtles, and the adv wireless modem
    Storage Drawers - ported and added the sort texture for all wood types and the sort upgrade item although the feature doesn't functional in the 1.8.9 version yet.(found out from the mod author the sort feature is in but the dependent mod is not updated to 1.8.9)

I updated the mod.json for each of the mods and added a text file if I added something to the textures.
    I was working on the tinkers one but I saw the post that they textures are being revamped and I also ran into the same cast and pattern upscale issue that artdude543 ran into so I didn't upload those textures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  24. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

I'm working on porting Tinkers at the moment and working with the developers to get some bugs / changes sorted out. But I'll download your ported mods / test and then upload to the repo. Thanks for your help in the porting! :)
  25. Teslakoyal

Teslakoyal Well-Known Member

Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be fixed or changed, though the are mostly direct ports I did add a few of my own and I am still learning the textures. I was wondering though is there a template for the gravel ores like the ones in tinkers or sand ones like in railcraft? I use Hydrolicraft and some of the ores are gravel and sand textures and I can never get the cracks around the ores to look right.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 12, 2016 ---
    I dislike not having world gen that matches the rest of my world so here are the ores for RF Tools.
    Name: Rf Tools
    MC ver. 1.8.9
    Mod ver: v1.89-4.22beta28

I am sure if there is a 1.7.10 version of the mod then these will work there too, haven't checked just yet, but it is part of the FTB 1.8.9 unstable pack.

Attached Files:

26. Hedge

Hedge Member

Mod name: Chisel/Chisel 2
    Mod version: I tested with 2.9.3.9 for Chisel

I've done the chisel factory and technical blocks that weren't textured yet.
    The animated blocks were quite horrible, I'm no longer such a fan of giant fans :p
    Also quickly done the grimstone, which is just dark holystone.

Textures (open)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

27. AeroyrHwrdd

OMG, yes!

Well done, Hedge.

Do you have any other blocks in Chisel that you have planned to do?
  28. Hedge

Hedge Member

Not right now, I haven't played minecraft for a while so I don't really need any textures for the moment.
    I'l no doubt continue with the chisel blocks when I start playing again. :)
    I've already taken a look at some of the remaining blocks, I would like to do the voidstone or maybe the endstone/purpur.
    But if you have any requests... :)
  29. AeroyrHwrdd

TBH, voidstone, endstone and purpur are some of the blocks I would request first. :D So, awesome. That's great. Kind of wondering how the imperialist blocks would look. Wish you all the luck. You are a great texturer.
  30. AeroyrHwrdd

How comes neither of these have been added? I've been trying them out in my own resource pack. I'm enjoying them myself. Is there need for improvement?