Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Important Mod Contributions/Texture Submissions

Discussion in 'Modded Textures' started by artdude543, Jan 6, 2014.

1. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

To be clear on this. The forums are created to post textures and sharing personal work with others. So yes you can post them here on the forums. Textures created through the modification of other textures or soartex textures can not be publicly distributed. The only place they can be downloaded is through the official downloads. Private/personal use of any textures created is perfectly fine, but distributing mod patches or packs is not allowed. If a texture is created 100% from scratch it is completely up to the artist what he/she does with them, but any texture using the soartex ones or others can not be distributed besides through official means. My recommendation if you are interested in contributing textures is uploading them here for checking out our github here: https://github.com/Soartex-Modded Check out our core licence here: http://soartex.net/license/#fanver

If you have any more questions shot me a PM here on the forums or use the contact for on the main site and someone can give you more details if needed. Hope this helps.
    CelestialPhoenix likes this.
  2. Alheimerjung

Alheimerjung Member

Added To Modded Repository

Gregtech 5.6

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  3. Silverseppel

Silverseppel Member

Added To Modded Repository

Mod-Name:
    MultiPageChest
    Mod-Version: 1.3.4 (MC1.7.10)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  4. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

Thank you @Silverseppel I will process this soon and get it uploaded to the repo and the download will be available sometime after.
  5. Jordangohan

Jordangohan New Member

Very good work, I want more ... ;)
  6. Better Than Wolves - Now with blunt force trauma
    V4.99999A0F Marsupial!?!?

Hoppers now display properly
    New Axle texture. It Rotates :)
    Show Spoiler

2014-11-11_15.45.01.png

New texture for platforms
    New Block of Ender
    [WIP] Grothed Netherrack
    Show Spoiler

fcBlockEnder.png {I haven't obtained this in game yet}
    2014-12-30_15.53.13.png

New items:
    Raw Egg, Fried Egg, Poached Egg, Ham and Eggs
    Scrambled Egg (raw/cooked)
    Mushroom Omelet (raw/cooked)
    Diamond Ingot
    Nether Sludge (item only)
    Piles of Sand and Soulsand
    Arcane Scroll (may need a new chainmail texture)
    Potash
    Sawdust
    Nitre [better version]
    Coal dust is now the correct colour
    Alternate Creeper Oyster Texture​

Show Spoiler

2014-12-30_15.59.57.png
    OmeletRaw, Omelet Cooked, Red shroom, Diamond Ingot, Coal Dust, Potash, Nitre
    Scrambled Raw, Scrambled Cooked, Brown shroom, Nether Sludge, Sawdust, Soulsand Pile, Sand Pile
    Raw Egg, Fried Egg, Poached Egg, Ham and Egg, Arcane Scroll

Fixes:
    Wicker block and item textures match
    Fixed Composite bow typos
    Fixed unfired pottery [hopefully]
    Fixed mushroom items
    Fabric item name now mispelled correctly
    Typo with ground netherrack
    Fixed Slats block
    Fixed iron bars hopper filter
    Dedicated folder for alternate textures​

Feedback and Constructive criticism welcome
    (even if you don't play the mod you can still tell me how it looks)

Everything from my first post is also in the .zip

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  7. Silverseppel

Silverseppel Member

Mod-Name: HexWool
    Mod-Version: 0.4.2.16 (MC1.7.10)

Attached Files:

8. Silverseppel

Silverseppel Member

Mod-Name: Solar Flux
    Mod-Version: 0.5a (MC1.7.10)

Attached Files:

9. busterbeast

busterbeast New Member

these look really good and they even keep the feel of the vanilla ones! ill be downloading and using these textures at once, thank you and good job. i had made and submitted textures but yours cover the ones i did and look identical so i took mine down. (also your depressed creeper looks much more surprised while the one i made looks more sad, interesting differences.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  10. fsntf

fsntf New Member

Thermal Foundation
    Version: ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0RC3-56
    I borrowed some textures from metallurgy 4 and included a txt file that shows what's still missing and exactly what textures I borrowed. If I did borrow a texture I still listed it as missing. Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

11. artdude543

@fsntf If you take a look at our Git repo here we already have most of the mod supported. Just the fishing rods and a few misc materials but the support is their :) (Our patch downloads are not update but the main Universal is updated and contains the new textures)
  12. fsntf

fsntf New Member

Thank, artdude! :p Been chilling in the irc and leagris had said,
    so I was trying to help out. Good to know to check here first before starting a major project. Sad I wasn't able to really help but glad you guys are super on top of things!
  13. Landstryder

Landstryder Member

I really love what Rui started and wanted all the flowers I see on a regular basis to have 64x versions so I tried my hand at filling in the last few flowers then went on to do a few of the crafted flowers, runes, and made a blue tinted version of the Soartex armor icons for mana armor.
    • Mod Name - Botania
    • Mod Version r1.5-170
    Textures (open)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  14. Pkr1345

Pkr1345 New Member

For some time now I used the redstone clock from extra utilities but had to look at awful vanilla textures, so I did something about it. I used a stone block background and added a red circle and a red plus. Had some inspiration from power converters. Also for the mod AE2Stuff, the grower and the encoder, i used some AE1 textures for both. Along with that, I modded a crafting table texture to fit the mod EasyCrafting

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chsgy8hwzj1ki4y/PKR soartex textures.zip?dl=0
  15. taiyoko

taiyoko New Member

Actually, borrowing the ore textures from the 1.6 TE patch works just as well. I did this for my personal use, after I got tired of those ores being all vanilla-style.
    Artifice might also be able to be just ported over from the 1.6 release, but I haven't gotten to testing that yet. (Edit: Oh, but I see that some other things were moved from TE into Foundation as well. Those might also be able to be ripped from 1.6 TE patch into a Foundation patch.)

Gonna try out DarksideBD's Thermal Dynamics patch, as there are new duct versions that weren't in 1.6.
  16. artdude543

Seems to be some confusion here. We already support CoFH Core, Thermal Expansions, Thermal Foundation and Thermal Dynamics. The textures are all in the same place here along with the main download already containing the textures. The only thing not finished is the new block and some misc items. But the main parts of the mods are all supported ;)
  17. taiyoko

taiyoko New Member

Ah, I didn't find it in the patcher just a few days ago, and they're not in the main mod download page here, either. There's nothing on the main page to even suggest looking at the github to see if there's been additions not pushed to the patcher or mod download page.
  18. AeroyrHwrdd

AeroyrHwrdd Well-Known Member

This is my first ever texture piece. I have little confidence in my ability so I would like to show you the first piece for approval so I may discover if I'm any good for you at this moment in time, also very grateful if you could tell me if there is anything wrong and how I could improve.
    Mod: Witchery
    Mod Version: Applicable to all Witchery versions available - originally designed for version 0.24.1.
    Minecraft Version: 1.6.4-1.7.10. Original [0.24.1] version is for 1.7.10
    Textures (open)

Snowbell seeds
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    artdude543 and Ferelwing like this.
  19. DraconisFeral

DraconisFeral New Member

Mod: Elemental Melons
    Mod Version: 1.2
    Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
    Sorry I don't know how to use Github. I recoloured the melon texture from Soartex and named the files approiately for the Elemental Melons
    Mod.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  20. Teslakoyal

Teslakoyal Well-Known Member

Hi all, So recently Project Red restructured and relabeled there textures, I am not sure in what version exactly it happened, but the version ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre1.84 they are changed, so I took some time and redid the labels and arrangement of the textures, I also added a texture for the new ore electrotine. Sorry I have not done anything about the ingot or storage block for the new metal at this time, just to Ore itself.

Enjoy
    Mod: Project Red
    Mod Version: 1.7.10-4.7.0pre1.84
    Minecraft: 1.7.10

Attached Files:

21. Ferelwing

Ferelwing Well-Known Member

Ok, I've been testing trying to animate something for Botania, I can't seem to get the animation to work.. Can someone please take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong? (I keep trying to figure out animating textures to create a pulse-like look but instead of the texture coming through I get the purple/black block and I'm not sure where it failed.)

I can't determine if it's in the png portion or if the mcmeta is wrong. Can someone please give me a hint?

Attached Files:

22. Thir13en

Thir13en Well-Known Member

• Mod Name : Flaxbeard's Steam Power
    • Mod Version : 0.28.9
    Textures (open)

(I can't do a proper embed that is not so small. Sorry for that. You can click to "view albums on Imgur" to view them properly.)

Blocks :

GUI :

Items :

Models :

Textures done : Blocks[65] - GUI[5] - Items[106] - Models[23]
    Textures to do : Blocks[0] - GUI[4] - Items[74] - Models[70]

It remains some textures to do. But it's mainly the mod's armors/exosuits (few textures with a lot of color's variants) in models and items. The GUI's can be done next. Not essentially a lot of work so, but I have not enough time to make them. Maybe I'll do it later. Maybe not.
    Therefor there is 199 textures finished. And I need some holidays after that. ;)

I added the complete mod's resource pack in an attached file.

Attached Files:

2714491883MP and Shoeboxam like this.
  23. akharding91

akharding91 Member

Mod: Igneous Additions
    Version: 1.8
    Textures (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pillars 2.0
    [​IMG]

Some of the textures could be improved but this the best I can do.

As of this posting date, all current files found in assets for this mod have been complected for Soartex Fanver.

[10.16.15]
    I edited the pillars and think they look better now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    2714491883MP and artdude543 like this.
  24. FlyingGekko

FlyingGekko New Member

Mod Name: Mariculture
    Mod Version: 1.7.10-1.2.4.1a (The one in Regrowth pack)

Textures (open)

[​IMG]

My first attempt at the Cod fish - am I doing it right? If so, I'll see about doing some more of the fishies :)
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  25. Hedge

Hedge Member

Mod Name: Botania
    Mod Version: r1.7-228

These are the textures I use for botania. I've done a lot of the blocks and some items and models.
    Almost all of the blocks are just recolours. I might change the runic altar and redstring thingies to have more detailing at a later time.

Textures (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

AeroyrHwrdd, Protheus and artdude543 like this.
  26. Protheus

Protheus Well-Known Member

I love your work, using it immediately - keep up the great work. Love the new spice on the runes. Maybe redo the Gaia Ingot - that one looks like @#[email protected] :)
  27. artdude543

I've picked the "best" matching Soartex style textures from misc posts here and pushed them to the repo. I have a folder of textures which need tweaking but I'll fix them up and get them pushed. Thanks for your hard work guys and can't wait to see more awesomeness :D
    AeroyrHwrdd likes this.
  28. Protheus

P!ease do as I may have something missing ☺
  29. Hedge

Hedge Member

Mod name: Chisel/Chisel 2
    Mod version: I tested with 2.9.3.9 for Chisel and 2.5.1.44 for Chisel 2

I've been busy with some chisel textures. I started with just recolouring the dark oak planks but it sort of got out of hand. :)

So, here are retextured fantasy blocks, some of the diamond and emerald, the metals blocks and a couple of other bits
    I'm quite happy with how the metal blocks turned out, but some things still need some work. (connected textures are not my thing)

Textures (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

AeroyrHwrdd and Protheus like this.
  30. Protheus

Wow nice indeed going to use these in my texture pack, tnx