Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Important Mod Contributions/Texture Submissions

Discussion in 'Modded Textures' started by artdude543, Jan 6, 2014.

1. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Soartex has a great team that provides and create textures to help support many mods so that you can play with your favorite resource pack with the added modded support. However, sometimes we can be flooded with so many requests, while having other jobs to contend with, that we love it when you help out and create textures for us! So, if you're thinking about helping out on a mod, please take into consideration and use the post layout below and post your textures!

We use the same system as the main threads of picking the best textures that best suit Soartex Fanver along with their mods. If you are posting textures for a mod we don't have listed on our supported list, please submit a post here. This way we can keep track on the mods we already support along with the mods people would like support to be added! So, as a summary, if you would like to submit some textures without having to use our GitHub system here, please use the layout provided below to make it easier to see the mod support your offering and the textures you are submitting.

▬▬▬▬▬▬[ Submission Guide]▬▬▬▬▬▬

• Mod Name (Name of the mod)
    • Mod Version (Version you are supporting)
    • Textures (Submitted inside a spoiler)
    Spoilers are created like this:
    Code:
    [spoiler=Textures]
    Your textures/content here
    [/spoiler]

If you have any problems submitting textures or need support using our modded support please reply to this thread and someone will help! Please keep all texture submissions to this thread and don't create separate ones, these will be merged/removed onto this thread.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  2. mustapelto

mustapelto New Member

Added To Modded Repository

Mod Name: Chisel
    Mod Version: 1.5.0 (for MC 1.6.4)

There's already some great textures for this mod by DrumMaster4, but as he hasn't updated for some time I decided to make my own. I tried to stay as close as possible to the original, using existing Soartex textures when needed. As this mod is huge, I'm doing one folder at a time (and some carpets in between) and it will still take a lot of time to get them all done, but here's what I've got so far. This is my very first attempt at texturing, so comments and suggestions are welcome!

Textures (open)

Cobblestone: (had to remake from scratch to get colours/lines/CTMs to match)
    terrain-cobb-brickaligned.png terrain-cobblargetiledark.png terrain-cobbsmalltile.png terrain-cob-detailedbrick.png terrain-cob-french.png terrain-cob-french2.png terrain-cobmoss-creepdungeon.png terrain-cob-smallbrick.png terrain-mossysmalltiledark.png terrain-pistonback-darkcreeper.png terrain-pistonback-darkdent.png terrain-pistonback-darkdent-ctm.png terrain-pistonback-darkemboss.png terrain-pistonback-darkemboss-ctm.png terrain-pistonback-darkmarker.png terrain-pistonback-darkpanel.png terrain-pistonback-darkpanel-ctm.png terrain-pistonback-dungeontile.png terrain-pistonback-dungeontile-ctm.png

Glass: (incomplete, should get the rest done by tomorrow)

a1-glasswindow-ironfencemodern.png japanese.png terrain-glass-chinese.png terrain-glassdungeon.png terrain-glasslight.png terrain-glasslight-ctm.png terrain-glassnoborder.png terrain-glassnoborder-ctm.png

Carpet: (green and red done so far, rest is WIP)

green.png green-ctm.png red.png red-ctm.png

Screenshots (open)

Cobble:
    cobble1.png
    cobble2.png

Glass:
    glass2.png

Green Carpet:
    carpetgreen.png

"Red" Carpet (filename says "red", I think it's orange):
    carpetred.png
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    Shoeboxam, DrumMaster4 and GoldBattle like this.
  3. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

@mustapelto - Wow, those are great textures. I especially love the CTM on the carpets, something I was never able to figure out. Thank you so much for continuing, and great job with the Chisel textures. I can't wait to see the fantastic texturing that you will continue to do.
  4. OldMcCusma

OldMcCusma New Member

Hello!
    I didn't know where to put this but I figured I'd put it here.
    Anyway, can anyone tell me why the mod zip downloads will not work?
  5. artdude543

If you looked inside the modded section you would be seen that we do have a support thread here. Where are you trying to download the zips from? and are you using the patcher?
  6. OldMcCusma

OldMcCusma New Member

I'm trying to download from the downloads section, and when I click on 1.6 Mod Zips it doen't load the page like before.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 6, 2014 ---
    Nevermind...... I found out about the Texture patcher. Thanks.
  7. itsasecretshh

itsasecretshh New Member

Is there a way to remove those white marks on the glass? There are many texture packs that don't have pure glass windows and it quite honestly drives me nuts. =/
  8. artdude543

We use the streak marks on most if not all our glass. It just shows light reflections and it is very subtle, the only way I can suggest of removal is you manually editing the texture to take away the steaks. But in some mods this is a lot of textures to edit if it's ctm so it could take some time. Otherwise you could remove the glass altogether if you really don't like having the streaks.
    Sheynx likes this.
  9. Chreaker

Chreaker Member

Mod Name: Falling Meteors
    Mod Version: 2.11.2 (mc 1.6.4)

As I just can't stand vanilla textures while using a Texture Pack and this mod isn't supported yet. I thought, I'll give it a go and do the best I can. I have tried to stay as close as possible to the vanilla textures and used a couple of existing Soartex textures, from a bunch of different mods aswell, to combine them to get that done. This is also my first attempt texturing, so any suggestions and comments are much appreciated!

Textures (open)

The Block textures:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
    artdude543 and redflex1235 like this.
  10. artdude543

These look awesome! I will download the mod and compare your textures to the originals then add to the repository :D
  11. Chreaker

Chreaker Member

Good to hear :D Then you might also be happy to hear that I have almost completely finished DartCraft ;)
    Shoeboxam and artdude543 like this.
  12. mustapelto

mustapelto New Member

After a short break here's the next part of Chisel! This time there's ice and ice pillars, also two carpets (blue and yellow). I'm still not quite satisfied with the pillars, so there might be an update later, but I'll do other textures first. Comments and suggestions welcome!

Textures (open)

Ice (some are identical, it's the same with the original textures):
    a1-ice-light.png a1-netherbrick-ice.png a1-stonecobble-icebrick.png a1-stonecobble-icebricksmall.png a1-stonecobble-icecobble.png a1-stonecobble-icedungeon-side.png a1-stonecobble-icedungeon-top.png a1-stonecobble-icefour.png a1-stonecobble-icefrench.png a1-stonecobble-icepanel.png a1-stoneslab-ice-side.png a1-stoneslab-icetop.png a1-stoneslab-ice-top.png bismuth.png poison.png sunkentiles.png tiles.png zelda.png

Ice Pillars (here all the tops are the same texture, just differently named files):
    a1-stoneornamental-marblegreek-side.png a1-stoneornamental-marblegreek-top.png a1-stonepillar-greekbottomgreek-side.png a1-stonepillar-greekbottomgreek-top.png a1-stonepillar-greekbottomplain-side.png a1-stonepillar-greekbottomplain-top.png a1-stonepillar-greek-side.png a1-stonepillar-greek-top.png a1-stonepillar-greektopgreek-side.png a1-stonepillar-greektopgreek-top.png a1-stonepillar-greektopplain-side.png a1-stonepillar-greektopplain-top.png a1-stonepillar-plainbottomgreek-side.png a1-stonepillar-plainbottomgreek-top.png a1-stonepillar-plainbottomplain-side.png a1-stonepillar-plainbottomplain-top.png a1-stonepillar-plain-side.png a1-stonepillar-plain-top.png a1-stonepillar-plaintopgreek-side.png a1-stonepillar-plaintopgreek-top.png a1-stonepillar-plaintopplain-side.png a1-stonepillar-plaintopplain-top.png base-side.png base-top.png capstone-side.png capstone-top.png column-side.png column-top.png pillar-carved-side.png pillar-carved-top.png small-side.png small-top.png

Blue Carpet:
    darkblue.png darkblue-ctm.png

Yellow Carpet:
    yellow.png yellow-ctm.png

Screenshots (open)

Ice:
    ice1.png
    ice2.png

Ice Pillars:
    icepillar.png

Blue Carpet:
    carpetblue.png

Yellow Carpet:
    carpetyellow.png
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  13. Chreaker

Chreaker Member

Mod name: DartCraft
    Mod version: 0.2.15 (mc 1.6.4)

Loved the first textures that were made, but there were just too many things still vanilla which just made me do all of it, I might only have missed a couple of GUI's. Just let me know if anything is missing and I will add it. Also lotsa credits to the IC2 textures, I used a couple of the textures for the blocks etc. as they are similar blocks to the IC2 anyway.

Textures (open)

I'll just link to my hidden album containing almost all the textures, because there are just too many :p

Screenshots (open)

Just a few screenshots ingame

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mod name: Extra Utilities
    Mod version: 1.0.2 (mc 1.6.4)

Just a couple additions, like the tools and the redstone timer

Textures (open)

The Tools and block:

Screenshots (open)

How the block and tools look like ingame
    [​IMG]

Mod name: Magical Crops
    Mod version: 3.2.0_Beta_6

I have done all the crops and essences, the only things left are the infused blocks and fertilizer.

Screenshots (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If you guys like them i'll just make a rar file per mod up for download ;)
    2714491883MP and Shoeboxam like this.
  14. chocoheart

chocoheart Well-Known Member

Mod Name: SimpleOres 2
    Mod Version: 1.2.1

These are mostly just recolors of other items. I've done all the items and models, so there's quite a few images in the spoilers.

item textures (open)
    adamantiumAxe.png adamantiumBoots.png adamantiumChest.png adamantiumHelm.png adamantiumHoe.png adamantiumIngot.png adamantiumLegs.png adamantiumPick.png adamantiumShears.png adamantiumShovel.png adamantiumSword.png copperAxe.png copperBoots.png copperBucket.png copperBucketWater.png copperChest.png copperDoor.png copperHelm.png copperHoe.png copperIngot.png copperLegs.png copperPick.png copperShovel.png copperSword.png mythrilAxe.png mythrilBoots.png mythrilBow.png mythrilBow1.png mythrilBow2.png mythrilBow3.png mythrilChest.png mythrilHelm.png mythrilHoe.png mythrilIngot.png mythrilLegs.png mythrilPick.png mythrilRod.png mythrilShovel.png mythrilSword.png onyxAxe.png onyxBoots.png onyxBow.png onyxBow1.png onyxBow2.png onyxBow3.png onyxChest.png onyxDoor.png onyxGem.png onyxHelm.png onyxHoe.png onyxLegs.png onyxPick.png onyxRod.png onyxShears.png onyxShovel.png onyxSword.png tinAxe.png tinBoots.png tinChest.png tinHelm.png tinHoe.png tinIngot.png tinLegs.png tinPick.png tinShears.png tinShovel.png tinSword.png
    model textures (open)
    adamantium_1.png adamantium_2.png bronze_1.png bronze_2.png copper_1.png copper_2.png mythril_1.png mythril_2.png onyx_1.png onyx_2.png sinisite_1.png sinisite_2.png tin_1.png tin_2.png

I also have the SimpleOres 2 fusion textures. :)

fusion item textures (open)
    bronzeAxe.png bronzeBoots.png bronzeChest.png bronzeHelm.png bronzeHoe.png bronzeIngot.png bronzeLegs.png bronzePick.png bronzeShovel.png bronzeSword.png largeBronzeChunk.png largeSinisiteChunk.png largeThyriumChunk.png mediumBronzeChunk.png mediumSinisiteChunk.png mediumThyriumChunk.png sinisiteAxe.png sinisiteBoots.png sinisiteBow.png sinisiteBow1.png sinisiteBow2.png sinisiteBow3.png sinisiteChest.png sinisiteHelm.png sinisiteHoe.png sinisiteIngot.png sinisiteLegs.png sinisitePick.png sinisiteRod.png sinisiteShovel.png sinisiteSword.png smallBronzeChunk.png smallSinisiteChunk.png smallThyriumChunk.png thyriumAxe.png thyriumBoots.png thyriumBow.png thyriumBow1.png thyriumBow2.png thyriumBow3.png thyriumChest.png thyriumHelm.png thyriumHoe.png thyriumIngot.png thyriumLegs.png thyriumPick.png thyriumRod.png thyriumShovel.png thyriumSword.png
    fusion model textures (open)
    bronze_1.png bronze_2.png sinisite_1.png sinisite_2.png thyrium_1.png thyrium_2.png
    screenshots (open)
    2014-02-24_15.21.28.png 2014-02-24_15.21.47.png 2014-02-24_15.32.38.png 2014-02-24_15.36.54.png
    AstroidexAdam and Shoeboxam like this.
  15. artdude543

Hey can you check your image uploads please, it seems you did not put a link but the image upload form.

These look freaking awesome! :D Could you do me a favor and send me a zip of the textures? Thanks
  16. Chreaker

Chreaker Member

Which ones? because it all works perfectly for me?
    Here is the album link for DartCraft
    and for Extra Utils
  17. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Imgur tends to compress large files to .JPEG and doesn't allow bulk downloading. If those files are placed in a .zip file and uploaded to mediafire or as an attachment here, they will be a better quality and easier to implement. ;)

I'm seeing so many amazing textures here!
    Yaspa likes this.
  18. Chreaker

Chreaker Member

Alright, I have compressed all my texture files from the 4 different mods into one rar file, they have their own respective maps etc. inside tho ;)
    I'm just still so sad about how DartCraft handles its Machine block textures :( Limits the looks of it quite a bit.

Dropbox link to all my textures:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vb9gvwj7kqecus/ChreakerSoartex.rar
  19. zISKo

zISKo Member

Hello everyone,

I'll hope it's ok to add my contributions via GitHub!?
    Because it makes things much easier ;)

Have a nice day :cool:
  20. artdude543

Hey,

I see no problem you using GitHub but I would rather say its easier to post on here as not all people know how to use Git Systems ;) So hence why we use this system. What I think would work better if you submit pull requests on the repo and make a post here about the PR then others on the forums can see your contributions too, a win win for all ;)
  21. zISKo

zISKo Member

Shoeboxam likes this.
  22. leagris

leagris Member

Mod: RailCraft
    Version: 1.6.4 8.4

I found the existing concrete texture was too much like darkened stone.
    So I filtered it with inverted wood planks to give it traces of molding withing wood planks.

Here is a sample of what it look like:

Sample Screen-Shot (open)

Alternate concrete with poured/molded aspect
    [​IMG]

Get the actual texture replacement here:

Textures (open)
    artdude543 likes this.
  23. artdude543

Yeah I see what you mean I will talk with the others and get their view on it :)
  24. Hannsh Roberts

Hannsh Roberts New Member

Now I have been sort of quickly re-skinning Biomes of Plenty, and here are the textures I've made so far. I think they are OK but many could definitely use some work and are wips. I just thought that perhaps you might be interested in some of them! I'm going to do the whole pack, and here are the ones so far. I would love some tips, and would like to know if would want to include the finished products, or perhaps have them as a separate download. I dunno. I'm not fussed (;​
    Textures (open)
    I'm just going to link you to a imgur album ;) By the way, click on a picture because imger does something weird to partly transparent pics but they look like they should if you view them individually.I haven't used anything from Biomes of Plenty except for the image names (; But I have used some textures from Sortex Fanver to make them match this pack.
  25. leagris

leagris Member

Mod: binnie-mods / ExtraTrees
    Version: 1.8.0

PinkIvory wood planks is missing, so here it is:

texture (open)

[​IMG]
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  26. K-Anator

K-Anator New Member

Mod: Underground Biomes
    Version: 0.4.2c [Minecraft 1.6.4]

I've made bricks for the majority of Underground Biomes stones. The cobble is still missing, and one of the stones didn't have a texture to begin with so it isn't done. But here's a quick fix for anyone that wants UB bricks. I used a brick texture from chisel as I believed it fit with the original UB bricks.

Edit: It would seem dropbox won't let me use the images hot linked, but I assure you they're there.

Edit 2: Going edit happy... here's a screenshot with all the bricks, including the missing one.

Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]

Edit 3: Got bored and did the rest of the cobble using the original cobble as an overlay.
    The attached ZIP has all my modified textures.

Credits for the original UB textures goes to whoever made the ones currently on GitHub, the brick design can be credited to whomever did the "large bricks" texture for stone in the Chisel mod.

Bricks we're created by soft lighting a tuned version of the large bricks over the original stones. Cobble was done using the same method but using hard light. These are by no means perfect, but they are better than nothing imo.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

27. K-Anator

K-Anator New Member

Sorry for the double post. But I got bored/annoyed and decided to make an attempt at dacite and dolomite... the dacite I made using a random picture of dacite from a google image search, and used my previous methods to get bricks/cobble. The dolomite is just a recolor of andesite since the photos I found of that rock seemed to be similar. I'm not sure how I feel about the dacite texture so if someone can come up with a better one, please do.

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  28. Teslakoyal

Teslakoyal Well-Known Member

Need To Be Added Modded Repository

This is for
    mod: The Collaborative Mod
    ver: 0.0.1.5
    All I did was some simple reworks from exsisting Soartex fan work to make these, figured that was the simplest way to keep in in style :)
    Other then my personal pack I rework to fit my one way of seeing things this is the only place these are listed.
    Enjoy

Textures (open)

cm.work.bench_bottom.png cm.work.bench_front.png cm.work.bench_side.png cm.work.bench_top.png
    cm.plan_blank.png cm.plan_full.png
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  29. MageRooster

MageRooster Well-Known Member

Mod Name: Ender I/O
    Mod Version: 1.1.0 (For MC 1.7.2)

I'm back with more and updated textures for Ender I/O, after submitting the original batch ages ago. I've finally found a texture style that works nicely with how capacitor banks composite their texture and updated all the machine faces. There are very few missing machine block textures at this point, even amongst the new stuff:

Textures (open)

[​IMG]

Showing off how the capacitor bank looks now: (Ignore the non-Soartex textures, my personal pack is a blend of Soartex and Misa's)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  30. chocoheart

chocoheart Well-Known Member

Hello again. I'm back with an update!

Mod: SimpleOres2
    Version: 1.3.2
    Netherrocks update.

Mod: Trapcraft
    Version: v2.1.0a (MC 1.6.2)
    The spike might look a bit awkward...

Mod: CrayTokens
    Version: v1.0 (There is no info file, but there only seems to be one version.)

Mod: BetterSigns
    Version: v1.6.4.B? (Again, there is no info file so I can't be sure.)

Cray textures (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Trapcraft (open)

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    SimpleOres2 Netherrocks (open)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    bettersigns (open)
    [​IMG]
    screenshots (open)

Nether rocks
    [​IMG]
    Trapcraft
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2714491883MP likes this.