Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Minetest port?

Discussion in 'Ports & Clones' started by ermo, Dec 5, 2015.

1. ermo

ermo New Member

Hi guys and girls,

I've recently become interested in Minetest and am finding myself missing the feel of the IMO excellent Soartex Fanver textures.

Looking at the Soartex Fanver Licensing page, I can see that I'm not allowed to redistribute Soartex Fanver without receiving permission?

I'm prepared to do the porting work myself of course, but I can also imagine that I would like to be able to offer any such effort for other Minetest users to download and try via the minetest.net forum.

Who (and how) do I ask for permission to redistribute my proposed Minetest port of Soartex Fanver?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any pointers. :)

P.S. The goal is to create a Soartex Fanver port that covers all textures included in the Carbone NG Minetest subgame initially.
  2. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

We have had this request before and found ports on the the MineTest website w/o permissions. Which were taken down after a fight with the moderators on the forums. We don't want to support another game like that for now. For various reasons but we may allow community porting at some point which would have a repo on the Soartex GitHub account so we can still track / manage on what textures are being ported for fixes and such. But this is something we could support in the future.
    ermo, DrumMaster4 and Valsis like this.
  3. ermo

ermo New Member

Ok, thanks for the answer.

And sorry to hear that you've previously had a bad experience with non-sanctioned Soartex Fanver minetest ports. :eek:

I'll keep working on my port but keep it private and get in touch when I have something to show for it. So far it's been slow going, but never say never... :cool: