Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Minecraft 1.9 & Snapshots - Other Textures

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Valsis, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Welcome back everyone!

With the release of 1.9’s snapshot let’s now open this thread for Textures that do not fit in the Blocks nor Items submissions. This can go from Mobs to Entities, from Models to Paintings, you get the idea right?

For those wondering where the previous threads are now, you can click here and remember all the awesome work made so far.

We will maintain the submission pattern we had from the 1.8 submissions threads to keep posts in order and clean of spam.

For the new members, this system consists in three separate threads, one for Blocks, another one for Items and, the last but not least, one for textures that do not fit in the category of Blocks nor Items. This one right here!

Also we still believe that using the following format when posting textures will help both texture makers, users and Texture Reviewers, so do post your textures using the following form:

Vanilla texture name:
    Version:
    Texture:
    Screenshot(s):

Click this to read explanations about the form (open)

• Vanilla texture name: (e.g.)flower_tulip_red.png
    • Version: If you make various versions of one texture make sure to identify them, for example as v1/ v2/ v3 etc. This makes it easier to address the textures and not confuse people.Trust me, it can be pretty awkward to try to refer to a specific version without the actual numbers.
    • Texture: wfjbowu.png (The texture you made. Make sure you save it as .png)
    • Screenshot: We'd love if they could be taken during daytime (unless it's one that needs a darker environment eg. Glowstone) and for items, we'd love if you could post them on the ground as well into your hotbar to make sure that there are no stray pixels etc) Picture_04.jpeg Picture_05.png

Please note that, submissions that don't follow this format won’t be considered valid for review (From our Texture Reviewers). We'd prefer not to cloud the thread with unnecessary post asking for specific information that this form provides us with.

Additionally, we'd love for everyone that wants to give their love, unless it's specific Feedback, to use the Like button instead. This will help your input to be recorded while the texture browsing is eased.

As a quick note, we accept texture submissions for both older versions of Minecraft as well 1.9.

While we love seeing textures for things we already have, we'll appreciate if you focus on the newer textures first. :)

Let’s get this pack done!!
  2. JasonZ617

JasonZ617 Well-Known Member

My Shulkers! :D
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler

Closed
    [​IMG]
    Open
    [​IMG]
    What do u think?
    Morgan and CRASH1997 like this.
  3. Valsis

@JasonZ617

I have a lot to say about this texture and you're not gonna be happy with it but bear in mind, what I'm gonna say is for you to step up your game, not to bring you down ;)

I don't want to see the stone texture as a base, nor the carpet stitching around it, nor the steve's hands as the mob face, nor the steve's eyes and possible witch eyebrows as facial expression for the mob, nor the headband from one of our possible skelletons.

Yes, I nitpick everything but it's to help you, and everyone else, to step up their game and seriously create original content.

Let's be creative. I know you can do it after what I saw with the latest blocks you made. I expect much more from you Jason! You can do it. :)

Best regards,
  4. JasonZ617

Ohhh yeah uhmmmm @Valsis about that texture... :D
    I posted it a couple of days ago when i used the endstone texture for the purpur blocks etc so yeap... everything is wrong with it hehehe forget about it :rolleyes: I need to work in a new one
  5. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

Oh my god @Valsis the Beetroot textures are really amazing .. im currently working on new icons and GUI's :D im new ^^
    --- Post Merged, Aug 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 23, 2015 ---
    tab_inventory.png
    Wew shield slot was so close to armor slots in normal texture so i had to cut a bit D:
    all the slots ingame fit perfectly :D
    --- Post Merged, Aug 23, 2015 ---
    inventory.png
    New little potion effect thingies xD

Attached Files:

Valsis likes this.
  6. Valsis

@GreenieHD both @artdude543 and I came up to a conclusion that we don't like the tab_inventory with that slot hanging and extremely close to the other slots. There's only one way to make it look right and that will be with a scroll in the back for everything.

Here is what I did on the 7th of this month but forgot to post it (sorry teh eh)
    Show Spoiler

tab_inventory.png
    As you can see the slots's frames were reduced in order to look more far apart and less cluttered, making it look better. :)

I will update this same comment with the GUI that artdude543 made. Sometimes when we just have small tweaks to do to a GUI we end up adding them to the pack right away to get updated for future release.

Don't think your time was wasted, not at all! We want everyone to contribute :D
  7. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

scroll is better like that yeah i like it :D also i forgot to post this :eek: was this made already ? if not is it good :eek:

Attached Files:

redflex1235 likes this.
  8. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

inventory.png
    .png (open)

inventory.png
    Screenshot (open)

2015-08-23_20.45.34.png
    In the inventory.png that @GreenieHD made I noticed that he didn't adjust the crafting slots or put in the shield slot, so I quickly did that. Also made my own "effect slot thing".
    Thoughts? :)
  9. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

Thanks for the shield slot nice job bro :) :D i forgot it xD
    --- Post Merged, Aug 23, 2015 ---
    Whats that text font you are using :eek: i love it
  10. redflex1235

I'm actually using the font from Invictus. You can find it in the downloads section where you download Fanver. I just replaced the Fanver font with the Invictus font because it looked too default :p
    --- Post Merged, Aug 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 23, 2015 ---
    Thought I'd post it here if anyone likes it :)
    Modern-ish glass hotbar

.png (open)

glass_hotbar.png

How to apply: Paste the .png onto your widgets.png (located in "your pack" > assets > minecraft > textures > gui > widgets.png ) as a new layer; delete the previous hotbar and merge the two layers.

Hope you like it :)
  11. Valsis

Well, that's what Fanver is about, remaining as faithful to vanilla as possible, reason why we didn't change our font ;)

And let's keep Invictus out of the submissions forum considering it's a private project :)

Best regards,
  12. redflex1235

I know it's a private project,@GreenieHD asked and I gave him the answer, that's all :)
  13. JasonZ617

I updated the widgets :p
    widgets.png (open)

[​IMG]
    screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
  14. JasonZ617

Ammmmm... Sweep texture? xD
    (minecraft/textures/entity)
    [​IMG]
    It doesnt allow transparency :S
    Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
    BTW i found that the creeper "electric" overlay is now applied in a different way
    Maybe it needs to be redone D:
    Or maybe im just stupid :p
    Moar screenchots (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Valsis likes this.
  15. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

Nice work :p i love the swipe xD i tried to make the attack cooldown thing on hotbar i failed badly o-o you should try it D:
  16. JasonZ617

Well i actually tried to make the hotbar indicator... but i dunno. Here it is xD
    icons.png (open)

[​IMG]
    I think someone can make it better
    Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
  17. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

Wew ... i did the same with a black outline xD i dont know why it looks bad :/ (mines)
    JasonZ617 likes this.
  18. JasonZ617

New boats! :3
    I fixed and completed the OAK boat (Its bigger), it was so hard to figure out how to make the oars but... this is my first try... im not very happy with the oars but they look nice :p
    boat_oak.png (open)

[​IMG]
    Screenshots (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    artdude543 and Valsis like this.
  19. JasonZ617

*pokes*
    Boats? Maybe?
    All the boats (open)

[​IMG]
    malvin37 likes this.
  20. Valsis

The top of the birch boat is to dark. The color of the jungle boat and acacia are not the same as the planks. A side from the mismatches they are awesome.

Fixing the mismatching colors they are good to go :)

Amazing job!
  21. JasonZ617

This is my try at the new Brewing Stand gui...
    I didnt want to extend the background texture to keep the "Inventory" name visible, the new gui has the 3 potion slots in a lower position.
    brewing_stand.png (open)

[​IMG]
    assets/minecraft/textures/gui/container
    And yeah, that offset slot may look bad D: i didnt know what to do! I was scared!! D,:
    Screenshots (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Valsis likes this.
  22. JasonZ617

Just a little change in the connection line with the powder slot... I know its not the gui you were waiting for, but meh, just wanted to give it a try :p
    brewing_stand.png (open)

[​IMG]
    Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
    Valsis and artdude543 like this.
  23. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

I like this version a lot! Great job :D
  24. JasonZ617

I made the bars.png gui for Bosses health bars.
    bars.png (open)

assets/minecraft/textures/gui
    [​IMG]
    artdude543 likes this.
  25. JasonZ617

A few fixes and tweaks on the Inventory GUI.
    I added the NEW "Ambient Effect Slot", i made it lighter than the "Potion Effect Slot".
    Changed the "Mining Fatigue" icon from Arrow to Wooden Pickaxe
    Changed the "Slowness" icon from Wooden Pickaxe to a Brick
    Added "Glowing" effect icon (Steve head with white outline)
    Added "Levitation" effect icon (Spiral particles)
    I think the changes are more accurate than an arrow for mining fatigue and a pickaxe for slowness :p
    Still need something for Invisibility and the new Luck effects
    inventory.png (open)

[​IMG]
    Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
  26. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

@JasonZ617 I like the inventory changes but the wooden pickaxe and the spirals seem a bit "harsh" with the roundness of the icon and seem that it was re-sized w/o fixing after wards in terms of the pixelation caused from the re-size.
  27. JasonZ617

Oh really? but the wooden pickaxe is the same that was used by Slowness, i just moved it to other slot in that same Gui ._. None of them were resized.
    Aaaand i agree with u about the spirals, they actually have transparency on some border pixels to make them look smooth, but the inventory gui doesnt allow transparency in-game, making a smooth border a harsh border :c and its even more noticeable because the particles are white and the background is dark.
    Im gonna try to solve that :D
  28. Craft__Kid

Craft__Kid Member

whats the new Attack Indicator for soartex for the HUD and Hot bar or has anyone created one im eager to see what Valsis makes
  29. Valsis

Hello there @Craft__Kid

By Attack Indicator do you mean the swipe animation? If yes, then this is already taken care of and in the pack to be released soon! :)
    Also, by HUD and Hot Bar... do you mean the Inventory GUI where we can set up our armor along with shield along with the Inventory bar where we see the item we're holding in the other hand? If yes, that's also taken care of as well and in the pack to be released! :D

Best regards,
  30. Craft__Kid

Craft__Kid Member

nope i ment the attack indicator for sure lol i no the diffrence between the swipe and attack indicator by the hud and crosshairs look:
    [ignore my private 1024 texture pack im working on]: