Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Minecraft 1.9 & Snapshots - Items

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Valsis, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Welcome everyone!

With the release of 1.9’s snapshot let’s now open this thread for Items submissions.

For those wondering where the previous threads are now, you can click here and remember all the awesome work made so far.

Out with the old, in with the new!

We will maintain the submission pattern we had from the 1.8 submissions threads to keep posts in order and clean of spam.

For the new members, this system consists in three separate threads, one for Blocks, another one for Items and, the last but not least, one for textures that do not fit in the category of Blocks nor Items.

Also we still believe that using the following format when posting textures will help both texture makers, users and Texture Reviewers, so do post your textures using the following form:

Vanilla texture name:
    Version:
    Texture:
    Screenshot(s):
    Click this to read explanations about the form (open)

• Vanilla texture name: (e.g.)flower_tulip_red.png
    • Version: If you make various versions of one texture make sure to identify them, for example as v1/ v2/ v3 etc. This makes it easier to address the textures and not confuse people.Trust me, it can be pretty awkward to try to refer to a specific version without the actual numbers.
    • Texture: wfjbowu.png (The texture you made. Make sure you save it as .png)
    • Screenshot: We'd love if they could be taken during daytime (unless it's one that needs a darker environment eg. Glowstone) and for items, we'd love if you could post them on the ground as well into your hotbar to make sure that there are no stray pixels etc) Picture_04.jpeg Picture_05.png

Please note that, submissions that don't follow this format won’t be considered valid for review (From our Texture Reviewers). We'd prefer not to cloud the thread with unnecessary post asking for specific information that this form provides us with.

Additionally, we'd love for everyone that wants to give their love, unless it's specific Feedback, to use the Like button instead. This will help your input to be recorded while the texture browsing is eased.

As a quick note, we accept texture submissions for both older versions of Minecraft as well 1.9.

While we love seeing textures for things we already have, we'll appreciate if you focus on the newer textures first. :)

Let’s get this pack done!!
  2. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

Just a note here for people helping to make textures. The Clock has been fixed to work with the new texture format. The compass however has not been fixed yet.
  3. JasonZ617

JasonZ617 Well-Known Member

Playing with arrows :p
    How do they look?
    arrow_base.png
    [​IMG]
    arrow_head.png
    [​IMG]
    spectral_arrow.png
    [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Valsis, GreenieHD and artdude543 like this.
  4. artdude543

I really like the base / head textures. I think that might work pretty well (Better than my temp textures anyway ;) ) But I think the spectral one is going to be fun. The border to me is too bold and takes over from the main texture. Maybe tone it done some, just so you can tell the difference from the normal arrow to the spectral one.
  5. JasonZ617

I have a problem... I made a shield texture (shield_base.png) and the color base (base.png) but for some reason i cant get the colors to work... every shield looks white... dunno why :C
  6. Valsis

The shields work the same way as the banners do.

Here's how they work and I hope it helps. Also, it was said that they are very very very unstable so, don't take this first shield appearance as final. ;)

Besr regards,
    JasonZ617 likes this.
  7. JasonZ617

Now? :p
    [​IMG]
    Image (open)

[​IMG]
  8. Valsis

Alright!!

Let's take care of some food shall we? People gotta eat! I got my hands into the beetroot items and now I'm hungry... Way to go right?
    beetroot + beetroot_seeds + beetroot_soup (open)

2015-08-22_23.27.43.png
    beetroot_seeds.png beetroot.png beetroot_soup.png
    Thoughts?

Enjoy the meal and leave some for the others!!
    JasonZ617 likes this.
  9. JasonZ617

First time working with a fruit... And its not even a "normal" fruit D:
    Soooo First try at Chorus fruit :p
    [​IMG]
    BTW I dont even know what the H is the thing coming out of it, so i made like a weird stem or something
    Looks like an alien tomato xD
    images (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. Valsis

@JasonZ617 don't take this in a mean way but your approach made me laugh!!! x'D It reminded me of a kidney right away, but then it also reminds me of a bean and also a squeezed plum.

I'm so confused right now x'D
    JasonZ617 likes this.
  11. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

potion_bottle_lingering.png :)
    i dont really know if its weird or good D: but the default texture is just a potion bottle without a cork i dont know :D ...
    cup things are a little bit big i might change them

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  12. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

Attached Files:

redflex1235 likes this.
  13. JasonZ617

I personally like it, but you should fill the whole bottle, just like the default texture, the breath is supposed to be a gas, not liquid :p
  14. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

Oh yes :D thanks for reminding ^^ i will try :) .. And what do you think about these lingering potions ;O

Attached Files:

JasonZ617 likes this.
  15. artdude543

I am a huge fan of the lingering potions @GreenieHD using them in my dev pack while fixing the 3D models and loving them ^_^ Great work!
    Valsis likes this.
  16. GreenieHD

GreenieHD New Member

Thanks <3 ^_^ glad to hear you like it :D im soooo happy right now <3
    Valsis likes this.
  17. JasonZ617

Another Dragon Breath :p
    dragon_breath.png
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
    Valsis likes this.
  18. Valsis

Let's talk items now, shall we?

In the .Zip file we have the End_Crystal made by @JasonZ617 and, inside, you can follow the path to know where to put these new amazing textures.

The pack for 1.9 is slowly being updated with the textures I hit like in the forums so, take that as a hint on what you'll find in the next pack update! ;)

And now the shield slot empty
    Shield Slot in Inventory (open)

empty_armor_slot_shield.png
    This item goes in
    assets/ minecraft/ textures / items
    screenies (open)

2016-01-08_13.03.19.png 2016-01-08_13.03.29.png
    Best regards,

Attached Files:

JasonZ617 likes this.
  19. Valsis

Latest Items added to the pack!
    Beetroot - by Shoeboxam (open)

beetroot.png
    Boats Icons - by Shoeboxam tweaked by Valsis (open)

oak_boat.png birch_boat.png spruce_boat.png jungle_boat.png acacia_boat.png dark_oak_boat.png
    Dragon Fireball - by Valsis (open)

dragon_fireball.png
    Elytra & Broken Elytra - by Shoeboxam (open)

elytra.png broken_elytra.png
    Empty Armor Slot Shield - by Valsis (open)

empty_armor_slot_shield.png
    End Crystal & End Crystal Frame - by [USER=3167 (open)
    @JasonZ617[/USER] ]
    end_crystal.png end_crystal_frame.png

Let's get this going guys!

Best regards,