Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Minecraft 1.10 Blocks!

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Valsis, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Welcome back Everyone!

With the release of 1.10’s snapshot let’s now open this thread for Blocks submissions.

For those wondering where the previous threads are now, you can click here and remember all the awesome work made so far.

We will maintain the submission pattern we had from the 1.9 submissions threads to keep posts in order and clean of spam.

For the new members, this system consists in three separate threads, one for Blocks, another one for Items and, the last but not least, one for textures that do not fit in the category of Blocks nor Items.

Also we still believe that using the following format when posting textures will help both texture makers, users and Texture Reviewers, so do post your textures using the following form:

Vanilla texture name:
    Version:
    Texture:
    Screenshot(s):
    Click this to read explanations about the form (open)

• Vanilla texture name: (e.g.)purpur_block.png
    • Version: If you make various versions of one texture make sure to identify them, for example as v1/ v2/ v3 etc. This makes it easier to address the textures and not confuse people.Trust me, it can be pretty awkward to try to refer to a specific version without the actual numbers.
    • Texture: wfjbowu.png (The texture you made. Make sure you save it as .png)
    • Screenshot: We'd love if they could be taken during daytime (unless it's one that needs a darker environment eg. Glowstone) and for items, we'd love if you could post them on the ground as well into your hotbar to make sure that there are no stray pixels etc) Picture_04.jpeg Picture_05.png

Please note that, submissions that don't follow this format won’t be considered valid for review (From our Texture Reviewers). We'd prefer not to cloud the thread with unnecessary post asking for specific information that this form provides us with.

Additionally, we'd love for everyone that wants to give their love, unless it's specific Feedback, to use the Like button instead. This will help your input to be recorded while the texture browsing is eased.

As a quick note, we accept texture submissions for both older versions of Minecraft as well 1.10.

While we love seeing textures for things we already have, we'll appreciate if you focus on the newer textures first. :)

Let’s do this!!
  2. Valsis

Let's start this!!

I took the time, rubbed my hands and got the main blocks done. I will be posting the textures here soon.

However I will leave you guys with a screenshot with what I did and I'll name the blocks that are already in the pack for future release!
    screenie! (open)

2016-06-09_00.24.10.png
    In this picture you have:
    - red nether brick
    - magma block
    - nether wart block

What's also done, but not in this picture:
    - bone block
    - bone block top

I hope you guys like it! Feedback is appreciated!
  3. xoger

xoger New Member

I feel like your magma block texture could do with some anti aliasing. Also it has a weird shape in the middle of the two side faces when connected. And I don't think recolouring the netherrack to make the nether wart blocks really works, in the default texture you can make out the shape of the nether wart leaves so I think something like that would be better
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Valsis

It's actually a different texture, not a recolor of the netherack but everything is subjected to change. In fact, I got a new texture for the netherwart block and the weird looking part in the magma block got fixed.

You're also welcome to contribute with textures by the way so, feel free to help us out!

Best regards,
    Val
    xoger likes this.
  5. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

I like the Magma Block texture a lot, but as @xoger mentioned, there's the weird shape when the two sides are connected. It's not a huge issue, but that shape looks pretty different from the other "non-lava" parts of the block, so my eye jumps to it.

I'm not entirely sure about the Netherwart Block right now. Could you attach/send the texture so I could use it in my game and see if I can get a better feel for it?
  6. JasonZ617

JasonZ617 Well-Known Member

Bones!!!!!!!11one1
    Textures:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG] bone_block_top
    [​IMG] bone_block_side
    Screenshots:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Structure blocks!!!!
    Textures:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG] structure_block (item)
    [​IMG] structure_block_corner
    [​IMG] structure_block_data
    [​IMG] structure_block_load
    [​IMG] structure_block_save
    Screenshot:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
  7. Valsis

@JasonZ617 Love the textures however, the bone block top needs a few tweaks. The center area, that is darker, needs to be slightly smaller, just a little bit, and that center area needs to be more of a circular shape and not squared.

The Structure Blocks I love them but, the white areas look slightly blurred. Maybe try to give it a bevel/emboss effect. If anything contact me through private message about this texture :)

Best regards,
    Val

Okay guys! An update on 1.10.

Below follows a list of what we're missing in all categories for 1.10. Some textures that might be set will ALWAYS be subjected to change IF we find better textures.

Blocks:
    ✔ Red Netherbrick
    ✔ Magma Block
    ✔ Netherwart block
    ✔ Bone block (soon to be changed with @JasonZ617 's version once tweaked)
    ✘ Structure blocks (waiting for @JasonZ617 's tweaks)

Mobs:
    ✘ Husks
    ✘ Strays
    ✔ Polar Bear

Items: (1.9)
    ✘ Chorus Fruit
    ✘ Chorus Fruit Popped

Like this we can have an idea on what's missing. We can do this people :D

PS: Do not count on things that are done to not work on them IF you have ideas. Share your creativity with us. Everything is welcome but expect constructive criticism for your work to fit the pack :)