Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Let's chat!

Discussion in 'News & Discussions' started by Sheynx, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Since we want to reduce the hecticness in the other topics while still wanting to chat with you about things not necessarily related to Fanver (as we can do that in this topic: Let your Fanver Mind Speak), I, along with my team, invite everyone to talk here. :)

Happy chatting everyone!
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Because I wanna comment first so here I go!

I wish you guys a Happy New Year and may the best of 2013 be the worse of 2014!

This means that I wish you happier moments than the happiest ones you had in 2013 :p
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  3. Sheynx

That's one weird way of saying it, Val. *chuckles*

Happy New Year Awesome Soartex People! :D:D
  4. Valsis

No, you're weird!
    Sheynx likes this.
  5. Sheynx

I fully agree to that although I consider other woeds, like silly, more appropriate :p
  6. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

Let's just notice how only TR's have responded to this so far. It's like our Skype chats, just on the Forum instead xD

And let me fit into what's been said so far: Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone has enjoyed the holidays/winter so far and that 2014 brings you some great memories! (I already ended 2013 and kicked off 2014 in the best way possible, in my opinion).

Please, other people respond ;)
    Sheynx likes this.
  7. Sheynx

I wonder which will thing will bring them here: Me poking them, me trowing frying pans around, or bribing them with cookies. :p
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  8. DrumMaster4

Uhhh, cookies, duh. Everyone wants cookies.
    Sheynx likes this.
  9. Orange

Orange Member

Lies muffins FTW :3
    Valsis likes this.
  10. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

:O Oh no I ripped a hole in the website!

[​IMG]
    CRASH1997, Thir13en and Valsis like this.
  11. Valsis

LOOOOOL x'D you can't control yourself now?
    CRASH1997 likes this.
  12. Sheynx

It looks like a parallel universe on the theme I'm using XD
  13. Enderela

Enderela Well-Known Member

Can you use other themes!?
  14. Sheynx

Scroll to the bottom of the page on click on that little link: [​IMG]

Click on whatever is written of that link (for me it's Soartex_v2, the theme I'm using).

As shown in the screenshots, once you hover above it, it should say Style Chooser. Click and pick from the themes that appear in the new pop-up window. Have fun~~
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  15. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

It's ok guys, I fixed it...

[​IMG]
    CRASH1997, Ninten_Droid and Valsis like this.
  16. Orange

Orange Member

Are you sure about that maybe you should get a professional to fix it :p
    Sheynx likes this.
  17. DrumMaster4

Floppy oh my god this is fantastic. I love the holes.
    Sheynx likes this.
  18. ezanrki

ezanrki Well-Known Member

Thank god you fixed it! I was having a panic attack over here :confused: phew now i need to calm down *drinks water and pats self on shoulder*
    zigzag likes this.
  19. jonathanmich84

jonathanmich84 New Member

Guy's i need help ; is soartex texture pack already compatible with FTB Monster plz help , i cant intal it and i dont know how to , many thanks jonathan
  20. randoguy414

randoguy414 New Member

@ Sheynx - Are there axtual cookies? I really hungry!

But if we're chatting, might I suggest a Soartex server? Like on Minecraft? It would be really cool to have such a close community playing on a Minecraft server. The rulers of this website could be admins/helpers and there could be ranks and plugins and I could help set that up if you want :3
    redflex1235 likes this.
  21. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

So... I recently made some new planks, just the oak ones, and i don't really want to redo the whole process of selecting, resizing every plank to 64x8 and offseting them to make the whole set... So i'm asking if anyone knows how to simply recolor textures in GIMP, thanks :)

Just to be clear, the "planks" i was referring to are the smaller planks in the block: planks_oak.png
  22. ArtBleed

ArtBleed Well-Known Member

funny how a top that is not really supposed to be about fanver has posts about fanver XD. Anyway I have an issue I need help with. Please don't judge me or call me stupid, but i am trying to make a modpack for my server and I am having no success. I've followed tutorials on youtube and other sites and it;s just not working for me. And a modpack would be a blessing for my server at this point since we seem to have accumulated a lot of mods.
  23. CRASH1997

CRASH1997 Well-Known Member

Hello everybody. I don't know, what I can say... I have Minecraft 1.7.5 with MCPatcher and Too Many Items (to increase my creativity). Soartex is the best!
    I can't fully understand, about what are you talking. I am Russian and I don't think that my English is good.
    Sheynx likes this.
  24. CRASH1997

Hello again, recently I started playing online. Before that I was Forever Alone... T_T

Also I can share splashes made by me, may I?
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  25. Sheynx

Hello Crash!

Welcome to our forums, hope you'll enjoy your stay! :)

You mean sharing splashes you made with us? Go right ahead!
  26. CRASH1997

I joined your forum a long time ago. :) I watched pre-made textures for new versions of Minecraft and used Customiser.
    What are you mean "go right ahead"? Most of my splashes are links to different games (Angry Birds, for example). Also I made a link to our favourite textures. :)
    But I haven't shared my splashes yet. I can make it for you.

I must say that writing post on mobile devices is VERY uncomfortable. It's lagging.

I am from Russia, Syberia, Irkutsk.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2014 ---
    Sheynx, your avatar is very cute. I like anime too.
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  27. CRASH1997

Here is text of my splashes, English version. I have also Russian version. If somebody, who is Russian, will ask me for Russian splashes, I will glad to share it for you. Because I am Russian, Russian version have more splashes than English version, because my level of English can't let me make more splashes in English version.

Attached Files:

28. Sebastian

Sebastian Well-Known Member

NOTE: This isn't texture related

I've looked into some cool features about resourcepacks, and I've found a small file called "pack.MCMETA". This file is basicly what stands under the resourcepack name, and you can do some pretty cool things with it:

Here's an example, where I modified it
    [​IMG]
    I changed it so it got a bold, dark aqua text. Here's how you do it:

Unlike Minecraft, where you can simply use NBT-data to change it, you have to use text-coding. to change format of the text you use \u00A7*,
    * means formatting-code aka a number or letter. Heres a file I made for it, so you can test it our for yourself. Note that this method can be stacked.

Help file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w91evxdrxvkbvnh/Text Colours.txt

Best regards, Sebastian314
    CRASH1997 and Shoeboxam like this.
  29. CRASH1997

Interesting thing, Sebastian.
    Aaaaaaand, so, you liked my splashes?
  30. ezanrki

ezanrki Well-Known Member

A little bit off-topic but the Additional Info "button" on the PMC page has a typo :)
    [​IMG]
    Two "d"s in Additional ;)
    Valsis likes this.