Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Jammy Furniture

Discussion in 'Modded Support' started by thekazador, Sep 11, 2012.

1. thekazador

thekazador Active Member

hello everyone, this is my first work on textures for minecraft, if you do not like something or think that should need to change let me know please, I'll post screenshots every progress...

some pics for now:

Clock(Base, Middle and Top), Kitchen Cupboard, Kitchen Sink, Kitchen Side and Kitchen Cupboard Top:
    [​IMG]

Cow Head, Zombie Head, Wolf Head, Steve Head, Table, Arm Chair, Chair and Chimney:
    [​IMG]

Fridge, Freezer, Cooker and Washing Machine:
    [​IMG]
    Ninten_Droid, Sheynx and Shoeboxam like this.
  2. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Nice to see you over here! Welcome.

That clock is really nice, I prefer it over the plank version. We have some textures for MrCrayfish's furniture mod, if that helps at all.
  3. thekazador

thekazador Active Member

this mod has lots of images, I did the best I could, some items uses the same texture or split really bad, hard to do it... the roofing corner its not good, if someone can fix it would be great...

pd: well, cant upload all the files, 45 images :p

ill upload on zip here: http://www.warbee.com.ar/textures.zip

im going to make some screens in a few...
    i need to do items.png and all GUI's

regards

Attached Files:

4. Shoeboxam

When you make the GUIs, make them in this style, not the Balavoine style currently in the pack. http://soartex.net/threads/shoeboxams-gui.273/#post-2446

In the next update, that GUI is going to replace Bal's. I've already converted the rest of the GUIs throughout the pack.

I'll take a look at the roofing corner and see what I can do to fix it. ;)
  5. Shoeboxam

[​IMG]
    Since both the roofing edge and roofing block use the same texture, there is no way to edit this to make the corner nicer without messing up the roofing block. The corner does look a little funky, but I think it is as good as it is going to get. :(

The other textures here are great, though. :)

EDIT: How about this?
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
  6. thekazador

thekazador Active Member

at least it is better that the original furniture texture, i like it...

please, dont throw the tv to the trash! lol
    --- merged: Sep 15, 2012 2:22 PM ---
    what do you think about 2d textures for the items? not too weird in the hand :p

2012-09-15_11.19.18.png
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  7. Shoeboxam

Very cool, I really like those. On the icons for the textures harder to recreate, try recoloring glowstone white, then place the block you want to make 2D onto a glowstone pad. Screenshot, then wand select all the white pixels (or bright pink, whatever works) and delete. Crop a perfect box around it, then resize down to 64x, using a regular interpolation.
    To fix semi transparent pixel edges, (open)
    copy it, revert back to full size, then resize to 64x with no interpolation. Using the outline of the non-interpolated image you can delete all the semi transparent pixels from the edge of the interpolated item.
    This is really helpful for those complex models, but for simple blocks a free 3D program gives better results.

EDIT: Do you use Gimp, paint.net or PS?
  8. thekazador

thekazador Active Member

PS, yes i did that for 2D items, this are screenshots from the front.
    here some simulate texture 3D, i think really ugly on the hands...

ugly.png
    what do u think? 2D or 3D?
    Ninten_Droid likes this.
  9. Shoeboxam

I agree, your first version is better. I saw it and thought you had made it from samples of the other textures, by hand, they looked so clean. Silly me. Some of those other items are so much more complex, I didn't want you to kill yourself trying to recreate them by hand!
  10. thekazador

thekazador Active Member

45 images shoe! 45! im starting to hate this mod :p
    anyway im changing works for not get bored, like the logistic pipes or the mojang.png
  11. Shoeboxam

Watch out! The logistics pipes and additional pipes mods don't support HD textures on the actual pipe. We have the pipes retextured, but we cannot use the textures. I've got some GUIs made for Logistics Pipes. Sorry to burst your bubble. If you need any help finishing up this mod, I'll be happy to give you a hand.
  12. thekazador

thekazador Active Member

LogisticsPipes-0.5.1.pre3.jar for 1.3.2 has HD textures i think, im used the new chip on this...

if u want to make the GUI with the new wood GUI that u have whould be great.. :)
  13. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Great work!
    I think the legs of the furniture should have a texture like in the boat or the painting backing.
    [​IMG]

The chimney should also have the brick texture (the plain, single-brick-colour version, the other texture wouldn't look right.)
  14. DDjusD

DDjusD Well-Known Member

Here's some GUIs. I'm still working on the Cooker. I got everything on it except the little fire thing. I can't get that lined up right no matter what I do. Once I get the flame thing on the Cooker done, or somebody else does it for me, I will finish the Washing Machine GUIs

Show Spoiler
  15. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

For next update
    ===========
    guis
  16. Shoeboxam

17. limera1n

limera1n Member

There is a new version of Jammy Furniture Mod - V4.1 Beta 2. There are lot of changes.

Please update texture!:(
  18. limera1n

limera1n Member

Partially updated texture for Jammy Furniture Mod - V4.1 Beta 2. I updated the couches and chairs, craftside and blinds.
    Sill needed:

* adapting texture of fridge and freezer
    * baskets textures
    * sofa part (corner)
    * roofing
    * dishwasher

I look forward to comments and help in updating :)

2012-12-08_17.32.05.png 2012-12-08_17.32.24.png 2012-12-08_17.34.17.png 2012-12-08_17.34.25.png 2012-12-08_17.31.46.png

PS: Sorry for my bad english :)

Attached Files:

LMB10 likes this.
  19. LMB10

LMB10 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of this mod so at some point I might have a go at some textures. Nice work!
  20. LMB10

LMB10 Well-Known Member

Ok, working on some of the stuff that was missing textures. When I've done a decent amount I'll test it out, and then upload the folder
    limera1n and GoldBattle like this.
  21. Adam92

Adam92 Well-Known Member

Is this still being updated, because that would be awesome. I would do it myself but I've never done any Minecraft texture work so I don't really know where to start. But this is a great mod and Soartex is the only texture pack I actually like so hopefully someone has plans on updating.
  22. TyanColte

TyanColte New Member

There was an update posted recently on the Texture Pack Patcher. Go grab that and see if it has what you're looking for.
  23. Shoeboxam

Sorry, forgot to mention here that I fixed it.
  24. TyanColte

TyanColte New Member

There is a problem with the refrigerators and freezers though they look all funky. I can post a screenshot later if you want.
    Debbie Anderson and Shoeboxam like this.
  25. Adam92

Adam92 Well-Known Member

I applied the update, it matches well but there are still a few issues, for me at least. As mentioned above there are issues with the fridge and freezer and the blinds have problems as well. And this isn't really a bug more just a personal preference, I think the cupboard handles should stay black or dark brown because white just doesn't look right.
    Also, thank you TyanColte for letting me know there was an update, :)
  26. Shoeboxam

A screenshot would be nice...
  27. TyanColte

TyanColte New Member

Ok, here ya go http://puu.sh/27yYy

The top funky looking thing to the right of the door is the freezer, and the bottom is the fridge.

Edit: Added Screenshot Description.
  28. TyanColte

TyanColte New Member

GoldBattle likes this.
  29. TyanColte

TyanColte New Member

Ok, Fixed the Refrigerator and the Freezer, hope they're to soartex standards.

jammy_freezer.png jammy_fridge.png
    yGns likes this.
  30. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

My only catch would be to use soartex items in the fridge besides that I see nothing wrong with it. Maybe a little more "noise" on the large white parts but it progress!