Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Items

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Rashed, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

My try at the Chickens. Feel free to comment about it and how i can improve it :)

Raw Chicken
    chickenRaw.png
    Cooked Chicken
    ChickenCooked.png

They're not the best, but i tried at least :p.
    Shoeboxam and hamode192 like this.
  2. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

just what I was thinking in my previous question :p

the cooked one needs some improvments
  3. redflex1235

Remade the chickens w/ help from Shoe, well... mostly all from Shoe but i made the shape and colored it ( I'n not much of a texturer :(, but Shoe is helping me through Skype )
    chickenRaw.png ChickenCooked.png
  4. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

good good but here's mine for the raw one
    [​IMG]
    has more sharp in it tell me what do you think about it :)
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. redflex1235

6. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

OK ????
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

just some tweaks from the shoe's one what do you think ??

I think it's needs alot of improvments but I son't know how I can make it better
    any ideas ??
  7. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

The Cooked Chicken is good. I like the color, shape, and texture. The raw chicken, I feel, needs just a bit more texture on the chicken part of it.

I'm going to reiterate Valsis here, but the fish needs a new shape. It just isn't working for me (and wasn't for her either). I would say scrap the fish and make your own shape for it. The color is fine, but the shape is a no-no.
  8. ezanrki

ezanrki Well-Known Member

They were textured but never approved, in other words they are not in the pack. :)
    zigzag likes this.
  9. DrumMaster4

You're sadly misinformed, ezanrki. If you download the most recent version (it says 2.5 but it is actually 2.6), you'll see Cocoa, Bonemeal, and the Nugget in the pack...
  10. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

i been coming to this forum while i was searching fish and chicken, now i have them, but how i import them in my texture pack?!??!
  11. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

if you are on windows just right click them and click ( save as ) and then rename them to what they are named in the .jar folder :)

new shape
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ummmmm not bad right ??

as always tell me what do you think about it :)
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  12. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

ok it worked <3 but i lov the old fish they are working fine for me in the Moment :)
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  13. DrumMaster4

It's actually bad in my opinion. They look like weirdly fat compressed fishes :(
  14. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

It's supposed to be fat that's what think about when I start it but don't worry I was making this as the first try there is another designs in my head just give me some time :)
  15. RubikMan

RubikMan Well-Known Member

If you can make a fish texture just like a normal fish ;)

Attached Files:

16. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

I'm going to be brutally honest since it seems that everyone is way to atached to the fish that GoldBatttle made and Shoe tweaked.

Literally FORGET that fish. DrumMaster and I have been telling in the last two to three pages that the fish simply doesn't work.

It has to be a new shape ->FROM SCRATCH<-

Don't re-use the shape, make a new one.

P.S.I'm not trying to sound/be mean, but this fish issue is being dragged for way to many pages when two of us have said already that it doesn't work and, for me at least, makes me feel that I'm being ignored.

Time to work on a new fish!!! ;)
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  17. RubikMan

If it helps, here are the Misa's fish:

Attached Files:

18. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

I'm sorry :( but I just starting
    start from scratch that a bit hard to me so yeah

But it's have to be done

I'll try :)
  19. DrumMaster4

I like the shape of the raw fish, but the cooked fish looks like hamode's fish (too fat). I may try some fish textures later, once I do some other textures
    Valsis likes this.
  20. Valsis

It's not like I'm scolding you guys, it's simply the fact that I feel that both Drum's and my opinion are being totally ignored.

I'm here to give you guys hints on what to improve, to give yes or no to textures. Drum is basicly another Art Director like me and if we feel that we're being ignored we're doing nothing here.

HOWEVER...

It's briliant the efford you guys are putting into the pack and we want you guys to continue! ;)
  21. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

@Valsis I understand that

but for real start from scratch (like I said ) is a bit hard to me however I did something ( it's very very very very WIP )
    [​IMG]
    what do you think about it ?? and how to make it better ??
    ( like I said very very very very WIP )
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  22. RubikMan

It's awesome but I'm not a big fan of a blue fish. Make it look more fishy if you know what I mean and you can start on tthe coocked fish ;)
  23. Valsis

Its actually not awesome since it's way to cartoon-ish. It seems that it came out of a cartoon book.

Why won't you try, just for the fun, to grab a fish picture, use it as a placeholder, scale it to 64px and work on top of it? It might help you since you're starting ;)
  24. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

Sooo it's supposed to be realistic??

Ok I'll try to make more fishy :) XD
  25. Valsis

No, but its not suposed to be a cartoon for sure.
    It needs a better shape, more flowy, it needs depth, it needs detail.
    hamode192 likes this.
  26. DrumMaster4

It's need to be a smooth and clean fish (see what I did there? xD)

It's a good start, but as Val said, it's too cartoony for the pack. If we had a cartoon-y pack I would be all for putting it in, but we aren't. It's a better shape than your original one, but the shape needs to be better.

I agree with Val with scaling up the 64x fish and seeing where that gets you, as you're just starting.
    Valsis likes this.
  27. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

alright then sooo

i'm was thinking about another color but and I've just confused

what color are you guys want me to make it ??

cause I can't decide really

I have tried to scaling some pics but unfortunately it's didn't work with me :(

EDIT: Ohh I forget something a snapshot get out soooooo there is new fishes now time for coloring and designing for what I was want (red and white :))
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  28. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

OK I have a bad news (property for me)

My computer is done

Which mean that I won't be able to do anything so in the meantime see you guys till fixing it or buying new one

Best of luck for you guys and hopefully I can see this pack with all things textured :)
    redflex1235 and Shoeboxam like this.
  29. redflex1235

I'm sorry for you. My PC broke down last year and I had to wait months till it's fixed. Last year I didn't even know about the Soartex pack or the Forums so it wasn't a big deal (I still had my smartphone). Hope you get a new one soon ;).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.