Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Items

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Rashed, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezanrki

ezanrki Well-Known Member

You changed exactly what people requested you to change which is great, however with everyone asking for it to be more white and have less detail, it has become quite dull.

After all this is a star so it should be star-like. Bright, vibrant, and shiny. Right now this is a bit grey and boring.

I think everyone needs to go back and look at the default Nether star. It has shades of white, grey, and even some bluish hues, and the yellow cross hamode added before should definitely be kept because it just adds so much more life. Thats my opinion at least.
    zigzag likes this.
  2. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

Don't use the term everyone when it's not everyone who said it. If you look at Valsis' summary of what I said: "...he doesn't want it to go grey". And it's gone grey. I said fade the yellow a bit - I never said go grey. It just needed a less-vibrant yellow because in my opinion it was too stark a change between the lighter colors and the yellow...
    Valsis likes this.
  3. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

so you say a little bit yellow val say white Ummmm

I was thinking about this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this like shiny - brighter

for me I prefer the white one above

if you want it like default then the center must be so dark like dark yellow ( you know :p )

I see that this is best what you can do to make it fit ( the white center and yellow lines )

is the yellow lines should be more fade ?? give me you suggestions<<< I LOVE IT GUYS :)
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  4. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Because sometimes there's nothing better than putting our words in action...

With this, this is the tweak I made for the Nether Star that I've been trying to say.

nether_star.png

Edit (open)

Along with the Nether Star, I'll upload the following items:
    fireball.png - Fireball
    potato.png - Potato
    potato_baked.png - Baked Potato (yes it has green spots... It's chopped salsa! IT'S CALLED SEASONING!!!)
    potato_baked.png - Baked potato without seasoning
    potato_poisonous.png - Poisonous Potato
    Screenshots (open)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  5. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

@Valsis for me this star has a tons of fire inside it and in my opinion it's not smooth like soartex fanver is
    that's my opinion ( at least)
  6. Valsis

That's because of the glint that Shoe made specially for me.
    Look at the item inside the item frame. ;)
    hamode192 likes this.
  7. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

Hahahahaha no it's not :p

It's in item frame a little better

But it still didn't change what I think about it :)
  8. Valsis

I still don't see the "fire" aspect you're talking about though...
  9. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

Maybe that's just me :)

So we have a lot of designs that's cool that's cool cause I'm new I want to ask a question

In the next update who will choose the right design and put it in the pack

Is it one person or on the people's discussion ??
  10. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

That's why Valsis has the "Art Director" tag, she's been around a long time and she has a good design eye. We talk a lot about how things should appear and what matches the style of Soartex, and pick based off of that.
  11. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

Oh sorry I didn't see that :)

But she ?? o_O

I was thinking she is a man that's why she is so smart :) (cause I see a lot of girls have art eye best than guys for real ^_^)

At all thanks for all your support and feedbacks I really appreciate all that and hopefully I can improve my skills and I'll definitely gonna continue on this forum and this texture to we complete it all and been playing with mcpatcher and mods textures I LOVE YOU ALL

12. DrumMaster4

@Valsis - the glow in the middle of the Nether Star is my favorite. I'm in love with it. And yes, your picture is exactly what I was thinking when I talked about the Nether Star. Yes!
    Valsis and hamode192 like this.
  13. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

Edited potatoes w/ help from Shoe for shading THX ;)
    potato
    potato.png
    baked
    potato_baked.png
    poisonous
    potato_poisonous.png
    Feel Free to comment on how to improve this :)
  14. DrumMaster4

I'm just not a huge fan of the shape. Shading is better, and I like the coloring (especially on baked and poisonous), but I'm not a huge fan of the shape. Just needs to be a bit less smooth, I think. (Maybe that large rounded part on the top left can become a bit more irregular?)
  15. redflex1235

Glad you like it more that the previous one :p. I will try to make it more irregular. But the credit goes to Shoe, he helped me with shading i couldn't have done it without him THX
  16. RubikMan

RubikMan Well-Known Member

Hi, I made a list with the items that needs to be textured:
    Raw Chicken, Coocked Chicken, Raw Fish, Coocked Fish, Bonemeal. Theese are the only items that aren't textured and if somebody texture them please post it ;)
  17. redflex1235

Bonemeal is already in the pack dye_powder_white.png
    And the chicken was done by RGadelha, I think... I made the cooked chicken, don't know if he/she already made the cooked version but here is my version chicken_raw.png chicken_cooked.png

Edit: Improved Cooked chicken chicken_cooked.png ( looks more cooked, the other one looks like it went to spray tan itself, and it didn't go very well :p )
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  18. DrumMaster4

@redflex1235 - Actually, bonemeal is not in the 1.6 pack (at least not in the one I have – snapshot – which will be the next released). As for the chicken, that is also not currently in the pack (again, at least not in snapshot). You can use them as placeholders, but I believe Shoe, Val, Sheynx, or others said no to the chicken, so it is not included.
  19. redflex1235

Doesn't matter :) I at least tried to do something...
  20. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

@redflex1235 these chickens are from Defscape pack and we change that aloneg time ago
  21. redflex1235

Oh, I didn't know that ooooooops:oops:
  22. Valsis

Actually we removed all Defscape textures in 1.5 to start making our own, that included the dyes and food.
  23. redflex1235

Oh, ok. Thanks for letting me know. :D
  24. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

That's what I mean in my previous post

We changed that to the default till we make our textures :)
  25. redflex1235

I got it THX :)
  26. hamode192

hamode192 Active Member

just a quick question

is everything have to be with the same shape that it's on in the default ??
  27. randomguy404

randomguy404 Member

I don't think so, just let your creativity run wild, as we're not Faithful Pack, but textures must be smooth, clean and 64x64.
  28. RubikMan

Still the Raw Fish, Coocked Fish, Raw Chicken, Coocked Chicken needs to be textured
  29. ezanrki

ezanrki Well-Known Member

Aswell as:
    • Bonemeal (white dye)
    • Cocoa beans (brown dye)
    • Fermented spider eye
    • Gold nugget
    zigzag likes this.
  30. RubikMan

Cocoa beans, Bonemeal and the gold nugget are textured go look at previous pages and you will find those
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.