Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

IndustrialCraft

Discussion in 'Modded Support' started by Shoeboxam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

sorry havent been around. Been a busy few days. Will be hitting that up soon :).
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 29, 2013 ---
    some items. When I re-did the fuel rof texture I used a darker metal, to differentiate between empty cell and it. When I did however, I needed to re-do all the cell textures for the single, dual, quad reactor cells, including the already done uranium ones. But I think they still all look nice :)

itemAdvBat.0.png itemAdvBat.1.png itemAdvBat.2.png itemAdvBat.3.png itemAdvBat.4.png itemCellUranEmpty - Copy.png itemCellUranEmpty.png itemCellUranEnriched.png itemFuelRod.png itemPlutonium.png itemPlutoniumSmall.png itemRTGPellet.png itemUran235small.png itemUran238small.png reactorIsotopeCell.png reactorLithiumCell.png reactorMOXDual.png reactorMOXDualdepleted.png reactorMOXQuad.png reactorMOXQuaddepleted.png reactorMOXsimple.png reactorMOXsimpledepleted.png reactorUraniumDual.png reactorUraniumDualdepleted.png reactorUraniumQuad.png reactorUraniumQuaddepleted.png reactorUraniumSimple.png reactorUraniumSimpledepleted.png
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2013 ---
    wow the uploader is acting really weird
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2013 ---
    Also there is only one level of insulation in the game now.. so I'd suggest using the max insulation for the I for the ones that had multiple in the past. attached those and the insulated tin cable as well

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam and GoldBattle like this.
  2. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

My only thoughts on this is the fuel rods. I think it's a tad too dark and the contents a bit hard to see, also the plutonium looks too much like iridium could you make a new shape for that?
  3. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

I can definiitely lighten the rods and Yeah I can mess with shape of the plutonium. I'll work on it next few days
  4. artdude543

5. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

So I did a lighter version. Let me know if you think it is light enough. Still wanted to make it lighter to between differentiate between the cell and the fuel rods. If colors look good I can apply to other rods no problem.

Also I kind of just skewed/smeared the previous plutonium item. Let me know if you like it or if we should go with a circular one like in vanilla IC2.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 7, 2013 ---
    also added a symbol to the RTGpellet

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  6. artdude543

Yeah, thats a better color now for the Fuel Rods. I think It might be better to use the circle design for the plutonium but I don't know this could work for it. Also the RTG is not transparent. Can you re-upload with that fixed please?
  7. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

yeah sorry about that. Will mess around with the fuel rods and fix the RTG pellet. I can try some other things for the plutonium piece. Will probably be a couple days.

EDIT: taking longer than I thought. Have to drive across country tomorrow and Monday so will most likely be next week. Will try and also post the ideas for changing around the canning machine.

It's crazy in the time I start working on this player has already changed the IC2 Jenkins like 30 versions.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 30, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 8, 2013 ---
    was actually able to work on this for like a few minutes today. Quickly fixed the transparent background on the RTG pellet. uploading it here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  8. artdude543

@OSsian Yeah looking good I'm not a whole fan on the RTG texture. Maybe use the default and Soartexafi that maybe? Its the style of the texture which I'm not a fan of, but otherwise it's a good texture! Also there is no rush for textures so take as much time as you need :)

Just commited a clean up for IC2 texture's all un-textured list's have been updated. Also fixed some cable issues and added some misc textures.

GitHub: https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Soartex-Textures/commit/8a7163331d461e5df4746ad09ca3541d4b947bc9
    Shoeboxam and GoldBattle like this.
  9. zet34

zet34 Member

A RTG texture with more quality!

based on OSsianĀ“s texture

Attached Files:

10. MattThePadawan

MattThePadawan Well-Known Member

Anybody have a download link for the experimental?
  11. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Our File Server is down due to our host moving to a new location. Within the next day things should be back up and running. We hope that this move will increase reliability and download speeds for all services. Thanks!