Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

IndustrialCraft

Discussion in 'Modded Support' started by Shoeboxam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

2. CoffeeCrazy

CoffeeCrazy Decaf :(

Just throwing it out there. I really miss the old Advanced Machine Block. That was one of the textures I think was designed brilliantly, and even if it doesn't match the current machines, I could totally see it being edited to work.
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  3. GoldBattle

Small update. Created a 1.6 version. Need to back port the fixes for 1.5.x still. Unless someone beats me to it...
    https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Soartex-Textures/commit/edf458dbfc16da9f30fce116f0e42b810391f541

Changelog
    Updated IC2 to 1.6
    -added all crops
    -fixed filename errors
    -created reed crop
    -cleaned up files
    -fixed all trading guis
    -fixed GUIElectricBlock.png epic slot mess up
    -updated guis with current item shadows
    -added scrapbox gui for nei
    -added missing ejecting upgrade
    -added lazer model
    -added all 3 boat models
    -general cleanup
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  4. randomguy404

randomguy404 Member

Your images seem to be broken.
  5. GoldBattle

What do you mean? I know that the iron furnace if coded incorrectly so that even in vanilla it is broken. Can you be more specific in what is broken?
  6. randomguy404

randomguy404 Member

The images on the topic post (post #1).
    GoldBattle likes this.
  7. GoldBattle

8. GoldBattle

Updated the OP and moved to the new forum section. :D
  9. CRASH1997

CRASH1997 Well-Known Member

I tried to make texture of composite vest. I only changed color of iron chestplate.
    alloy_1.png
    I'm bad Photoshoper. And sorry my bad English.
  10. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

The IC2 textures currently in the launcher are not for the IC2 experimental build are they? Most people are using it now and Thunderdark/player are making some big changes. Is it possible that someone is working on the new textures? http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/
  11. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

The current textures on the repo are for the experimental build, we are aware that new textures need making they are getting done. But there are other things people are working on at the moment, so it's a wip at the moment you can check out/download the texture so far from the links below. :)

GitHub: https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Soartex-Textures/tree/master/IndustrialCraft_2
    Latest Download: http://files.soartex.net/mods/IndustrialCraft_2.zip

I am working on some textures for this mod but I also have irl problems so it's taking time, if you would like to pitch in and help by all means help us with the work load :)
  12. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

Okay cool. I wasn't rushing anyone. I'd love to work and mess with some textures and I might try that out as I have PS. I just dont have the talent that a bunch of you guys probably have :).
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 23, 2013 ---
    so I decided to take your advice. I do not know if these are any good, I borrowed heavily from the design of other machines, and tried to make them look like the vanilla versions... just in soartex-ification. Let me know what you think(they could definitely do with a bit of polishing maybe), I have no idea how to even add these to the soartex texture launcher, if i even can. Here are my metal former, ore washing plant & industrial centrifuge for a start.

could definitely add things to the sides of some machines, but for the most part im fairly pleased with them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shoeboxam and GoldBattle like this.
  13. J_Rantanen

J_Rantanen New Member

I made the Bronze Armor.
    Hope it doesn't look too much like gold armor.

bronze_1.png
    bronze_2.png
    itemArmorBronzeHelmet.png
    itemArmorBronzeChestplate.png
    itemArmorBronzeLegs.png
    itemArmorBronzeBoots.png
    And there is the rubber boots item...

itemArmorRubBoots.png
    OSsian and GoldBattle like this.
  14. artdude543

Wow! Awesome textures :D I will download and have a look at them!

Again Awesome! Textures I will also download these and take a look at them and see if it needs any tweaks if not I will upload and add them to the patcher :) Thank you very much guys!

Edit:

All checks out brilliantly! Uploaded and being added to the patcher

Commit: https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Soartex-Textures/commit/90c458cf0e30d7dc57b2172e596e56c43249b9b9
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  15. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

Will probably work a bit on the new machines for UU production soon. think that will cover the machine blocks once done.
  16. artdude543

That would be awesome, I will also update the un-texured list tomorrow so we can see what needs doing. Then hopefully this mod will be up to date!
  17. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

Here is my try at the scanner. I only have one state (active) because based on the vanilla texture it seems currently to only have one state? If i made it 2x length with "off' and 'on' textures will it add that? I was afraid to test it out. :) Hit me up if you like it or any suggestions for changes.

[​IMG]
    Also the blocks i see that need textures are:
    1. machine/blockScanner.png (above)
    2. machine/blockReplicator.png
    3. machine/blockPattenStorage.png
    They were not listed in the ~untextured file in current repo.

I have some free time so I am going to try and do one block a day. No need to push to patcher everyday ofc. This is fun, I should have gotten into texturing before now! :)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2013 ---
    Yeah those will cover the machine blocks if I finish them. There is still a couple of generators and think a transformer and maybe the CESU.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  18. artdude543

Wow you are on fire! This is awesome, and you are correct there is only one state I do believe they are going to add an active state soon but we don't need to worry about that now. You are also correct about the last two machines, and CESU needs doing too. I have started working on some items but Im going to update the lists first so that I know whats missing as IC2 keep's changing and trying to keep up on-top of the textures is a pain :/ I think Gold is working on the GUI's (No positive) so they should be sorted out soon. :)

Thank you for the work you have done! I will test the scanner out now and will upload to the repo after :)
  19. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

No problem! It has been fun. Might even take some time in future to redo some of the more boring textures (looking at you magnetizer and canning machine). I can do the blocks fairly well, i'll leave the GUIs to you guys for now. Might try my hand at some other things in future.

Adding the active/inactive state will be a breeze. Figure just make the blue not glow on top and the wires will be grey instead of the orange.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 24, 2013 ---
    Okay so I couldn't sleep this morning and worked on some textures lol. So I have done a 'active' and inactive of the scanner and replicators (for whenver they are added). Below is the replicator (active) and the pattern storage (don't think it will need active/inactive).
    replicator:
    [​IMG]
    patternstorage:
    [​IMG]
    GoldBattle and Shoeboxam like this.
  20. artdude543

Looking great! Okay so the "machines" folder is now complete :D There are two generators also if you want to give it a go ;)

- blockRTGenerator and - blockSemifluidGenerator

(We could adapt the SemiFluid texture from the same block as from GregTech, unless we want to use a differ texture for it) What do you think?

Edit:

It's a shame the Scanner and the Replicator don't have activate/inactive states :/ Sorts of of puts the user with the texture showing "active" all the time. Could be better to use an inactive texture but not sure.

Also could you tweak the Thermal Centrifuge texture please, the top vent/part is not centered right in the middle of the block.
    Image: http://i.imgur.com/CHqbp7M.png
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  21. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

I will be working on those today for sure.

I think adapting might be okay, but i do not know what it looks like lol. Adapting one would be easy for sure, it depends if we want to make it resemble the vanilla one. I think I could adapt the design from the ore washer to have the taller, skinnier tube-like windows for the generator.

But using a side like the chemical reactor or electrolyzer form GT would be cool. However I just don't want to confuse people that play w/ gregtech so we def need to make it stand out somehow.

I already have ideas for the RTG :).
  22. artdude543

Awesome, attached is what the GregTech version looks like also do you have Skype I could add and we can discuss idea via chat easier than using posts :) But can't wait to see what you come up with!

Edit: Derp forgot image http://i.imgur.com/evUjNK6.png
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  23. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

Quickly I changed that, issue was I made the diamond 39x39 pixels... hard to center it that way :). Also here are the inactive textures in case you'd rather have them in the pack.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 24, 2013 ---
    started a conversation with my Skype ID... in Eastern US so with you in UK could be an issue :).
    Possible RTG module... what you guys think?

[​IMG]
    If we use that texture I would suggest not using the border, which is very GT. I think honestly the layout of the geothermal would work too. just change the color of the active state to make it look like a biofuel/fuel in the tank instead of lava ... i did that really quick and its attached.

[​IMG]
  24. artdude543

They are perfect! I see your point about the Semi-fluid and the colours. I think it fits the bill, I will test em out later and get back to you on them, but I can't thank you enough for the work you have done so far. You have been a huge helping hand to moving on the update process :)
  25. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

The texturing never stops. Here is the CESU: I think that we could redo the MFE in the same style but color the Metal sides that gun-metal blue instead of the copper color and then make the "wires" in the sides gold instead of the steel color. Based the deign on the new 'vanilla' version

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  26. GoldBattle

Hmmm, make sure you use the website's built in uploading tool, it is pretty nice.

Everything is looking good, if I get time with weekend I promised @artdude543 that I would do guis, and probably clean things up. Keep it up!
  27. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

Ok kewl. I seriously just saw the button to upload. That's gonna save me a lot of time from now on lol.

Here is all things ive done so far. Updated the CESU a bit, made the white area a bit more grey and gave it some texture to not be as harsh and make it integrate smoother.

Also have the active/inactive replicator/scanner in the list. Hopefully they will add that soon :).
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2013 ---
    Awesome id help with the GUIs but i think that may be something ill have to work up to. I will try and finish up rest of the blocks, EV transformer, and maybe even update the MFE and see if people like it enough to overwrite the old MFE. and want to do something about the canning machine.

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  28. artdude543

Looking great! You could try another re-make of the MFE it's nice to see other versions then we could decide on the best style to use for that block. And I do think there is some hope about the "inactive/active" textures for the other blocks soon :) But again thank you for your work so far!
  29. OSsian

OSsian Well-Known Member

ok cool. This evening going to work on the EV transformer. Won't be too hard. Probably base off the MFSU texture.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2013 ---
    also not sure if you guys realized that transformers now have an active and inactive state. think since they have a GUI they changes bases on if they are stepping up or stepping down. Have a couple of Ideas on how to leverage that. Will explore further :).
    I did an EV transformer. I like this way because it seems like you do not flip the block all the time when using a wrench. Also I made lights to indicate the active/inacitve state (stepping up/down)
    Thinking of doing the other Transformers in similar way, wouldn't be too hard to do. At least need to add active/inactive states.
    also since I was already changing up the EV transformer, I made an HV transformer that keeps with the same theme as the Ev (recolored)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2013 ---
    Didnt have to be at work early so here are few others i did :).
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2013 ---
    also I think with this we have covered all the block machines for the update :). Might propose some changes for the magnetizer/canning machine. Then going to look at maybe doing items? have you worked on that list artdude543?

Attached Files:

GoldBattle, Shoeboxam and artdude543 like this.
  30. artdude543

The list is nearly done just double checking it now so make sure its fully up to date :) And I will have a look at the new textures in a bit (Just got back from college) but I am loving your ideas and changes! :D Sure show us some different versions of machines, the items there are a few but as I said nearly finished the txt file then you knock your socks up and have fun ;) I will add the list on here in a bit.

Edit: Here you go @OSsian This is for the "items" folder. I am still updating the others which should be done by tonight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013