Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

I need help with Paint.net!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by RagedSerpent, Dec 2, 2013.

1. RagedSerpent

RagedSerpent Well-Known Member

Hey guys, RagedSerpent here and I am having alot of trouble making default textures into Soartex textures :/ The program I use is Paint.net, it was free so I use it instead of Photoshop, because I am not paying alot just for a graphic designing program. Anyway, I really need help on how to make Soartex textures on Paint.net, tutorials on shadows and lighting, all those good stuff. (Please don't bug me that I used Paint.net instead of Photoshop :) ) Remember, I need a tutorial for PAINT.NET, not PHOTOSHOP or GIMP, they are all different programs, and it will be alot easier if I get a tutorial with Paint.net
  2. Klaujesi

Klaujesi Prominent Member

Hey. what's your primary problem with Paint.NET?. Did you work previously with others programs?. What's your skills level?
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. RagedSerpent

Well, the program works fine, I just don't really know shadowing and adding detail. I need like a tutorial/lesson for gradients and shadowing for Paint.net
  4. Klaujesi

Klaujesi Prominent Member

do you know work with Layers?
  5. RagedSerpent

i am kinda new to graphic designing so i don't really know about layering
  6. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I think you will be safe looking for tutorials in any program and modifying the tools used to Paint.net's ones. Deviant has lots of tutorials that speak about shading, textures etc in a general manner. Have a looksie~