Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Archived Hi. Was editing textures, thought I'd join & submit :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PixelPusha, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPusha

PixelPusha New Member

Hey, I love your texture pack! It's the cleanest one I've seen that remains faithful to default. There were some textures that bothered me, so yesterday I decided to start tweaking them. So far I'm pretty happy with the results so I thought I would contribute!

A little about me: I'm a graphic designer and music addict from Seattle who likes to make modern, asymmetrical builds that are detailed and believable.

Yeah, so, I didn't even know 'Soartex' is also a server! Which came first, the tp or the server? Also, what's "Fanver"--is it short for fan-version?
    Rashed and Ninten_Droid like this.
  2. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Welcome :) Feel free to make make textures and show them to us. Asymmetry sounds cool. When I was a bit younger I was considering a graphic design career.

Yes, I also believe that Soartex stays fainthfull to the default. Fanver does stand for Fanversion. Soar49 abandoned the texture pack so we picked it up. The server came recently. It works on whitelists.
  3. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Welcome Pusha! I can't wait to see what tweaks you have made! Yes, the server came quite recently, literally in the past few months. Soartex has been around since February 2011, Fanver (Fan Version) was started in November 2011 when the original creator moved on. I'll see you around!
  4. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Welcome to the forums! We are happy to have you here, it's always nice to get new texture tweaks ;)
  5. PixelPusha

PixelPusha New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :) I'll have to check out the server when I get a chance.
  6. Rashed

Rashed Administrator

Please do! But send me your username first as it is whitelisted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.