Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Archived Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dynamic_Seagull, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamic_Seagull

Dynamic_Seagull Active Member

[Name] - Nick
    [Notable Works (If your not that new )] - I'm new soooooooooooo, yeah
    [Reason for Joining] - Love Texture and want to help improve it

Bio:
    Hello everyone, I'm Nick and I decided to join the soartex forums because I enjoy your texture pack and my brother is part of the community so I figured why not... I play a lot of Minecraft and TF2. As for texture editing I have no experience what so ever nor do I know how to edit textures. But I'm willing to learn and figure stuff out... A question I have for everyone is how do I start, I'm just a wee bit confused on how things work still so I dont really know what I can work on. Thanks and I look forward to working with everyone! Happy Minecrafting.:)
    Sheynx likes this.
  2. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Hi Nick, nice to have you here. Everyone here is happy to help people get people started in texture editing. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask. To start, you'll either want to download Gimp or paint.net. I use Gimp.

http://www.gimp.org/
    http://www.getpaint.net/
    Dynamic_Seagull likes this.
  3. Tzigane

Tzigane Prominent Member

Well, I'm not sure where you should start, but this is how I started. There was a weird white line on a texture, that turned out to be a almost transparent line that was left over from something. So I deleted it. Then I noticed that a texture was missing on an updated mod, so I added it in. And, well, it just went on from there. :)
    Sheynx and Dynamic_Seagull like this.
  4. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

If you explore to forum you can see that there are different threads for different mods/vanilla parts. You can submit textures in the threads and reply to other's works. You can get a feel about what textures should look like from going back in old threads and this thread is a great one to look at. Of course you don't have to submit textures but if you do almost anybody will help you make your textures better. Good luck and you can alway ask me a question : )
    Dynamic_Seagull likes this.
  5. Dynamic_Seagull

Sweet I already have gimp, so I'm glad to see that it'll work!

Thanks! I'll try to find some little things to work on! :)

Thanks Pat I'll check out some of the texture forums.
    Sheynx likes this.
  6. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here! If you ever need anything, feel free to poke me. :oops:
  7. Disaster86

Disaster86 Minecraft Modder

My story is the best, I made crappy wood textures and a bad*** map background.
    Not entirely sure why I'm still here, but I've done a hell of a lot for the pack now ;)
    Dynamic_Seagull and Sheynx like this.
  8. Dynamic_Seagull

Haters gonna hate
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.