Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Have some love to share with the fans? Give us your Feedback here!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Valsis, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Hello everyone!

Now that we have a thread specially dedicated to Feedback, if you have any comments about the pack and/or community, some love to share and maybe some recommendations, give us your thoughts below!

To keep this thread clean of spam, if you agree with someone's post, simply hit the like button.

To avoid unnecessary posts, keep your love and support specifically in this thread. It will make our lives easier while reviewing our forum.

Thank you for being part of this amazing family and thank you for making us who we are!

Best regards,
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  2. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Member

Since I am the first person to reply here, I would just like to express my highest gratitude to the entire Soartex team for such an outstanding resource pack. I have used many different packs and none are as refined as your resource pack. Thanks for the tireless work and effort on your part in making Minecraft the beautiful world it is today. Have a great day. :)
    Valsis likes this.
  3. AeroyrHwrdd

AeroyrHwrdd Well-Known Member

Heya. I wondered if it would be possible to make a list of modded textures currently being worked on by persons so we don't end up doubling up.
  4. Valsis

@AeroyrHwrdd everything modded related is normally handled via Github for easy access and management. A list of all the supported mods is listed here.

Best regards,
  5. AeroyrHwrdd

Ahh okay, thanks.

But do you know if anyone is already progressing on some of the unfinished mods? I would like to continue on from my Witchery Snowbell seeds texture and move onto many of the Witchery items
  6. Valsis

I don't work on the modded side of Soartex Fanver, only the Vanilla so, I do not track what's in progress/done. That would be a question for @artdude543 considering he's the one that does the modded management.

Best regards,
  7. AeroyrHwrdd

Oh, I didn't realise one of you focussed on vanilla and another, modded. Thank you, Valsis. You always do a fantastic job of being very informative. :)
    Valsis likes this.
  8. Venrexx

Venrexx New Member

I love using the Invictus texture pack, it's the only one on my computer and the only one that not only supports the mods I use, but also keeps the world looking fantastic. Unfortunately, I have too many mods on my server and Optifine/Fastcraft/FPS+ is not doing well enough to keep my FPS up and I have come to the conclusion that I can not use a 64x64 texture pack with this current setup and will need to find one that supports mods, looks good in the world and is 32x32. I really wish Invictus had one like that but I can't find one anywhere. :(
  9. Valsis

@Venrexx I can only talk about Fanver's side and we do not plan on making a 32x32 version of the pack in the future. We're a rather small team that already has a hard time keeping up with game updates and texturing. Our work is made of fan contributions and that's how we manage to keep Fanver going.

Invictus is made by two people only and it's a private project made by two people that, like the Fanver team, has a life outside of the computer, either school, college or work.

There's only so much we can do and in all honesty, don't count on a 32x of the pack as it compromises the quality Soar49 started with the original Soartex.

According to the ram you have in your computer, try to alocate more ram to the game itself so it loads the textures. Also, I recommend deleting the ctm folder as it's the heaviest folder in our packs with a huge plethora of alternate textures.

Best regards,
  10. Venrexx

Venrexx New Member

I tried looking for a "ctm" folder in the resource pack "Invictus Modded Universal", which I assume would have similar files to your packs as well, but it does not contain this folder, or I am looking in the wrong place. As for memory, I have allocated 4GB max memory to the process and it does not ever seem to use up more than 40% of the memory allocated for the game. I have decent arguments for the launcher, at least I assume I do seeing as no one corrects me when I post them.
    The thing that confuses me is I have 16GB memory, GTX770 Graphics Card, an i7 processor, updated graphics driver, updated Java, good settings, using OptiFine, FPS+ and Fastcraft (even tried BetterFPS), and I still can't get this game to push me over 55FPS at the best, and that is with settings all set to fast and other things turned off.
    This computer can play most games on high, but this one gives me major grief, when I use textures higher than 32x32. Still can't wrap my head around why that is to be honest.
  11. Venrexx

Venrexx New Member

UPDATE: I decided to download teh Fanver Universal and see what the differences were between Invictus Universal, Fanver Universal and Fanver Universal (without the CTM folder), here are my findings while running around my storage room:
    Invictus Modded Universal - 18 - 24 FPS
    Fanver Modded Universal - 30 - 40 FPS
    Fanver Modded Universal (Without ctm Folder) - 40 - 60 FPS
    Not sure what you guys are doing differently, can see a few things that look different, looks more vibrant as well, but as far as how it functions, your pack seems to work far superior. You have just switched me from Invictus to Fanver. Thanks for the help guys, I can live with 40 - 60FPS over the 20FPS I was suffering though.
    Valsis likes this.
  12. Valsis

@Venrexx since the Invictus team works on their project separately, and the Fanver team does not interfere with it, I cannot tell you what they do differently for you to have issues with it.

I can only guide you with Fanver as I'm all about it and I work as much as possible in it. If you need any help with it, feel free to update this post and I'll make sure I'll help you or put you in the right hands. :)

Best regards,
  13. RogueAgent

RogueAgent New Member

First post and I needed to give you my review! This pack is fantastic! I can't play without it. XD However for my own personal use I have mixed and matched afew textures. I have also recoloured afew clay textures. I suppose my only complaint is some of the blocks textures don't fit too well (Obsidian/Glowstone afew others too). Could you direct me to any retextures that might have been done? Please take the good from this! My negativity is just some of the textures don't fit the rest of the pack.
  14. Valsis

Hello there @RogueAgent and welcome to our forum!

All the textures that we make are posted in this same forum, it's only a matter of searching for them by using the search bar in the top right corner. That's how I do it too! ;)

Regarding the textures you consider that do not fit the pack, those are original textures from Soar49, the creator of Soartex Texture Pack. We will not change those from the main pack as we want to honor his work and keep it as default textures in the pack.

Best regards,
  15. RogueAgent

RogueAgent New Member

Thankyou for welcoming me and getting back so swiftly!
    Much appreciated for the help and the background information, I also apologise for my ignorance in not knowing the history of the pack.

Keep up the great work and please let me know if I can help in anyway!

Kind Regards
    Rogue
  16. Valsis

@RogueAgent you're very much welcome!

Our pack is made of fan contributions, as in, everyone that wants to submit textures they are more than welcome to in the right topics such as Block, Items & Other Textures. All of them are carefully reviewed and, if needed, we will also guide our fans on how to improve their own work so they can also get even better at what they already do and to get them to fit the pack's theme and look.

Right now our biggest priority is to complete the remaining textures for 1.9 for the upcoming release. A list of what needs to be done can be be found here and, once everything is done, we credit everyone in the pack and we establish a list of valid alternate textures for the pack. That list will remain in the forum and not in the pack as our pack is considerably heavy for a vanilla pack already.

However there's not much you can do to contain all the awesomeness right? :p

We hope we can see you around and hopefully help us maintaining the amazing work Soar49 started. :)

Best regards,
  17. AeroyrHwrdd

I was thinking: is it worth adding the Github links to the quick links on the forum?
  18. GinsengSamurai

GinsengSamurai New Member

I've been playing Minecraft since September 2012 and since early 2013, I've been using Soartex Fanver. It's such a beautiful RP with clean textures and everything fits together so amazingly. I have experimented with many other RP's, but they all had a mix and match of good and poor textures.

My nephew and my wife uses this RP. Thanks team! It makes MC a lot more enjoyable with SF. ^_^
    Valsis and artdude543 like this.
  19. lindawing

lindawing Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to the team for getting the 1.9 pack out as quickly as you have done. I've tried many, many, many, many, many resource packs in the last two years, but almost immediately switch back to Soartex. I was using the outdated one all the way through the snapshots, regardless of stuff that wasn't yet done.

I'm very glad to have the finished product, now. Everything looks great, and I appreciate all of your talent and dedication.

THANKS AGAIN!!!
    DrumMaster4, artdude543 and Valsis like this.
  20. Valsis

21. Schyken

Schyken New Member

I'd like to suggest a CTM addon. Though Fanver does indeed have connected textures support for a select set of blocks/textures, I feel that a complete CTM addon would be great. I'm interested in participating in the creation of it if this seems like a good idea to some of the members? If anyone is interested or has any feedback on this, let me know! Reply here or tweet me @Schyken (I read my Twitter feed more frequently and it will be easier for me to respond to anything/read anything). If anyone decides to participate/help with this, I'd love to know. I'm not interested in taking lead. I have a lot of experience with providing CTM support for packs. I have a CTM addon pack that provides full connected texture support for Vattic's Faithful and Dokucraft... I'd really love to have a complete support for this pack as it is my favorite resource pack!
  22. Schyken

Schyken New Member

@Valsis As mentioned above, a 32x version of this resourcepack isn't in the works for various reasons. However, would a 128x version at some point be possible?
  23. Valsis

We don't want to go astray from the origins of the original pack by Soar49 .

We also have the objective of keeping the pack playable for all types of computers, from the beast ones to the less potent ones. :)

These two points are the main reasons why we never worked on a 128x of the pack nor it's in our plans to do so.

Best regards,
  24. Schyken

Schyken New Member

@Valsis Ah, that makes sense! At 64x it is a beautiful pack nonetheless. (Also, as a side note, I updated the screenshot thread! :D )
  25. Ed Gibbs

Ed Gibbs New Member

Loving the Soartex Modded Universal Pack. Using it for Sky Factory 3.
  26. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

@Ed Gibbs: Awesome! Be sure to speak up if you notice any bugs. Thank you for the support.
  27. CoffeeCrazy

CoffeeCrazy Decaf :(

Just wanted to check in and say hi!

I'm the guy who started the Minefactory Reloaded textures for Soartex Fanver. Came here to say hi, but also to thank whoever has been continuing the textures in the same style! I still play FTB to this day, but don't make textures any more, and always happy to check out the textures. Also the enchanting table I drew, glad it's still around!
    Valsis likes this.