Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Forum - Logo Designs

Discussion in 'News & Discussions' started by Disaster86, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Disaster86

Disaster86 Minecraft Modder

New Forum Logos and Designs

Hey-o!! This is Disaster86. Several times throughout my history with this texture pack I have come to a point where I had to remake our logo. Maybe because it's too small. Maybe because I didn't have the font. Who knows? Unimportant. I should have started this thread when I made the one we have now! :p

Anyway, I was browsing through the Support Banners thread when I found Valsis's Banner design. The amazing main font used for that design is called 'Baar Sophia' and is available here for free. The tagline is made with Helvetica Light.

So the deal is, I'm making a ton of alternate logo designs for you guys to use. They will be bigger than 350x50 pixels so you should be able to use it for other things easily.

Full Size Logos:
    Version 1 - Soartex, Smooth Diamond
    soartex1.png
    More...
    Version 2 - Soartex
    soartex2.png
    Version 3 - Soartex Fanver
    soartex3.png
    Version 4 - Soartex Fanver
    soartex4.png
    Version 5 - Soartex White
    soartex5.png
    Version 6 - Soartex White
    soartex6.png
    Version 7 - Soartex Black
    soartex7.png
    Version 8 - Soartex Black
    soartex8.png

Legacy Versions
    Version 1 - Soartex Fanver Classic (open)
    soartexclassic.png
    Version 1 - Soartex Fanver Classic Short (open)
    soartexclassicnew.png

Special Logos:
    Forum Header [Sterilized]
    logo_sterilized.png
    If you have any requests, or if you want to publish your own logo, post here! :)
    Enjoy!

Mediafire

Copyright Notice (open)
    © Soartex 2013. All Rights Reserved. These Soartex logos and their contents may not be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the authors, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials. Commercial use of these Soartex logos are not permitted under any circumstances.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

You're officially back! Yay!

Anyway, the actual tagline font is HelveticaLight. I'll try to find the exact one I had, but it's saved in the download as HelvLight, if that helps.

And while the .psd is a little unorganized, I like it.
  3. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

Awesome! + vote from me!
  4. Disaster86

Logos are up! Have a nice day. Critics would be nice ;) !
  5. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

Critique: I hate them

The only issue I have is with the third banner. The smooth diamond looks awkwardly pasted/pixellated...Same with the fourth, actually
  6. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

I feel like the clear text does not flow with the rest of the forum/website. Remember that a logo has to be able to go across all the websites not just the forum. So it also has to work on the header for the downloads page/customizers/file server/zip-manager/etc. I like the simplicity of the one we have now, but the words could be changed. They are good banners, but I am just not feeling them right now.
  7. Disaster86

Huh. I didn't even consider comparability with other sites. Must be old age :L

I do not like the one we have now. I think using the default skin as our icon was fairly dull to begin with. Plus, I do not know the font that was originally used, I've only ever edited the original text...

I've added a few new ones taking those points into consideration. I have also tried and tested a small version for use on the forum header. And here is my script if you want it now! :)
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  8. LogoNado

LogoNado New Member