Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Forestry

Discussion in 'Modded Support' started by Shoeboxam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Texturing oversight, my mistake. I'll probably fix it someday when I'm working on mods. ;)
  2. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

3. QKninja

QKninja New Member

I'm looking at doing textures for the woodworker patterns, but for the life of me can't figure out where those textures are stored. I don't see anything under forestry/textures/blocks that looks like the woodworker patterns. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 5, 2013 ---
    Oh, derp. Extra trees adds the woodworker. I should have realized that.
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  4. jadedcat

jadedcat Member

woodworker patterns are located in ExtraTrees location in Tp is assests/extratrees/blocks/patterns
  5. Rockdude3

Rockdude3 Member

I'm not sure if justin_a_ was continuing to work on this, but this is my attempt at the Treealyser in the mean time. All credit to him just made a few edits :)

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  6. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Anyone is free and more than welcome to help us with textures.

Feel free to contribute, we surely appreciate it :D
  7. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

Thanks! This is brilliant I have added it to the repo now so is now pack of of our patches :)
  8. Rockdude3

Rockdude3 Member

Thanks guys, I'm very new to this :) But here's my attempt at some cherries, I think the shading might be a bit off but any comments are much appreciated. I'd like to help where I can

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  9. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

I love the colors you used, but you're right about the shading, that could probably use some more work. I recommend using the dodge and burn tools to darken and lighten parts of the stem and cherry. Light from top right corner, for example, will leave all the edges facing the bottom and left darker (burn), and the edges facing the top and right lighter (dodge). Shading on the stem and cherries themselves will give them some nice depth.

The gradient tool has a number of blend modes built into it, by the way. If you set your gradient to a black inverted radial, and the blend mode to burn, you'll have an easy way to burn the edges of the cherries uniformly. Remember you can use the selection tool to confine the gradient to a certain area.

If you decide to dodge and burn the cherries, keep other brushes in mind. I've found a large spongy brush at a scale of 20 pixels on a low opacity can leave a nice surface texture while also applying shading. Tinkering with the brush settings is your friend here. :D

I love what you have so far, keep it up!