Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Forestry

Discussion in 'Modded Support' started by Shoeboxam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

2. Haylio81

Haylio81 Well-Known Member

Here's the completed bee sheet. Hope everything's ok. I'm not too sure about the question mark and the cross, let me know if you want me to fiddle about with them...may end up doing that anyway...hmmm

Attached Files:

• bees.png
      bees.png
      File size:
      95.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Haylio81

I'm an idiot, forgot I'd done the blocks.png aswell, so here they are.

Attached Files:

4. Shoeboxam

You could use our font for that X and question mark.

There are beehives in the newest release on the blocks.png. Do you think you could add/make those?
  5. Haylio81

Oh sorry didnt realise, will definitely give them a go!
  6. Haylio81

Beehives are done. Hope they are what you were looking for. :D

Attached Files:

7. n0ugat

n0ugat Prominent Member

This is AWESOME! Very nice work Haylio81!
    Could it be that the texture for "Humus" and "BogEarth" is still the vanilla?
    Would be easy for you to add...just a little advice from my side.

A few weeks ago i made a texture for "Humus" and "BogEarth" using the VanillaDirt:
    Humus (open)

Humus.png
    BogEarth (open)

BogEarth.png

Oh, and it would be a good idea to harmonize the Copper and Tin Ore with the one of IC2 (tanks Neoboy11):
    CopperOre (open)

copperORE.png
    TinOre (open)

TinOre.png

Edited blocks.png (open)

blocks.png

Does sb. know what the texture in the first line on the right is for? Are there several BogEarth textures?

Greetings
    n0ugat
  8. Shoeboxam

Actually, it would be better to have those textures different, so people can tell the difference between the two mods' ores.

Also, I think you are missing a layer of machines on the bottom. Could you look into that?
  9. thebeatles8371

thebeatles8371 Prominent Member

The reason the copper and tin ore look different is that i based the colors off of the default colors.
  10. Shoeboxam

These blocks are missing:
    blocks.png

EDIT: The sapling in top right is missing too.

EDIT2: Can someone also recolor the water to green and drop it there?

EDIT3: Haylio, in your screenshots in the MCForums thread, I thought I saw quite a few more textures than the ones you submitted here. Are you sure you have submitted everything?

EDIT4: The bees.png is incomplete. Here is the bees.png for the most current version of Forestry:
    bees.png
  11. Ninten_Droid

Ninten_Droid Super Omega Ultra Member

Too bad forestry will be taken out of Technic :(
    Toth Daniel likes this.
  12. n0ugat

n0ugat Prominent Member

??? Do you have an official statement? (LINK)
    I can't find sth. like that on the internet...

-edit-

Oh I see, you mean Tekkit Support!
  13. Shoeboxam

No, completely removed from both. Here is the statement:
    Located here: http://www.technicpack.net/
  14. Haylio81

Here's everything I've got so far for forestry

Shame that it won't be included in Technic anymore but I'll continue doing the textures as I like the mod myself. Need to redo the bee sheet and can't find which buckets I should be using. Any chance of posting the .png of the right ones or pointing me in the right direction. Sorry I haven't got anything updated. had to do work this weekend...blah. Luckily I have next week off so should get a lot done then.

Seeing as Forestry is no longer in the Technic Pack would you rather I diverted my ttentions elsewhere for now and just do Forestry in my spare time? Whatever helps out most let me know.

Attached Files:

15. Shoeboxam

Thanks for posting those, I like how they look! The wheat showcase texture may look better with the fully grown wheat by soar.

Yes, forestry will not be in Technic, but make whatever you enjoy making. People make better textures when they are making something they like. Enjoy, and I look forward to seeing how this mod ends up looking!

Here are the buckets by Darx I was talking about:
    http://db.tt/sQ3J5ZdM
  16. Haylio81

Hey there! Really sorry it's been so long since I posted! I have been texturing though. Here is the updated blocks.png (still without sapling i'm afraid, not happy with it at the mo). items.png (now with more items!), completed liquids.png and the new bees.png. Good news everyone! I'm finally using the correct buckets, thanks to shoe. Hope everything's ok and let me know if there's any problems :D

Attached Files:

17. Kirazy

Kirazy Well-Known Member

Here's my contribution to Forestry. Springboarded from Haylio's stuff. I'm only doing the Machines. I'm not touching the item/bee sprites. Also flushed out the rest of blocks.png, created a Bog Earth texture (not the Mature, darker one, the starting texture), filched the Sapling from the current IC2 sapling (on closer inspection it really doesn't convey that it's dripping Resin...) and increased the Biofuel texture to 64x (Edit: LOL, jk, will need to find that.)

The uhm, Carpenter is only partially completed, I still have to finish all the tank stages... then I can blow through all the rest of that machine type. :3

Showcase of the items in-game.
    http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4977/20120504211221.png

Attached Files:

18. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Yay, lots of updates! It looks good!

Oh, and nice resolution. ;)
  19. Haylio81

They're looking really great Kirazy! It's great to have someone else working on this, especially as you're working on the machines, there's so many! Don't know if you would but if you need any of my psd files (if you use Photoshop that is) drop me a line and I'll send them over.
  20. Kirazy

Kirazy Well-Known Member

Nope, that's okay; I'm just about done. Thanks for the offer though. :D If you want my .psd's, lemme know, by the way. :)

A few items don't look quite right, namely the Centrifuge/Carpenter faces where I have the computer screen thing. I think something else would look better, but I'm not sure what.
  21. Shoeboxam

Computer faces can be derived from the blink.png from ComputerCraft. You can find it in the folder inside the terrain folder in the modded pack.
  22. Hidinginthelight

Hidinginthelight New Member

Hi. Great work. But just so you know, in more recent versions of forestry the items.png has been changed some. Specifically the backpacks have moved
  23. Shoeboxam

Thank you for the information, I'll take a close look at Forestry tomorrow when I update.
  24. Shoeboxam

As of 11.0, Soartex no longer supports Technic 6.1.1 due to Forestry texture shuffling. I guess that's fine, though, because Technic is now on 7.0.1 where Forestry is no longer included. I am moving this thread to "Other Mods."
  25. Industrialcraftbeast

Industrialcraftbeast Well-Known Member

Um, ok. Hey everyone. I want to know when the back Packs are going to finish. Its annoying when I use the texture Pack and there are pink faces on some of the texture packs items. So just let me know.
  26. Shoeboxam

I am releasing a small patch to Soartex Modded on Monday (tomorrow) that breaks the paths for items in forestry. There is no way to make Forestry item textures compatible with both Technic 6.x and Forestry 1.4.4.5, so I will completely remove them until Technic's recommended build is 7.x to prevent these boxes from showing up in people's games. I bit the bullet too early, thinking Technic was up to 7.x, but apparently the 7.x build I saw was a dev version. Thanks!

As soon as Technic goes 7.x I will hotpatch to re-include them. The only change in the pack will be changing to path to root/gfx/items1445.
  27. Industrialcraftbeast

ok, and I am not using the Technic Pack. I'm not sure when I will start using it again, but I wanted the textures for the backpacks and stuff.
  28. Shoeboxam

IC2 beast, a backpack texture has been made by HereNowIT. How would this fit into Forestry? Can you update the .pngs with it?
    backpack.png
  29. Industrialcraftbeast

Ok, cool. um, hmm. well, I would have to replace the backpacks, but I wouldnt want to have the same texture for all the backpacks.. So a slow start. Good although I am not sure if I can use this. But I wont bother with it, maybe later. but good good. :D
  30. Shoeboxam

Ok, sounds good. I really don't know what is missing, just that it might be useful. He made it for the "backpack" mod. All is well!