Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Font

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by GoldBattle, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

Not sure why there is not a thread for this, but I think one of the major things that draws away from the pack is the lack of HD font. On the customizer there are a couple that people can chose from, but none are included in the pack.

-Shoe's HD Font (what I think should be included in the pack
    -Floppy's HD Font (broken currently)

Both are attached. Shoe's currently worked with vanilla and it is extremely nice.

screenshot (open)

2013-07-24_21.11.42.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. Spruu

Spruu Well-Known Member

Erm... Floppy's HD font is included in the pack and working here.
  3. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

In 1.6.2, the main download. For vanilla.

Also here is another font using this niffy tool.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1088840-

Screenshot (open)

2013-07-24_22.32.34.png

Attached Files:

4. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

It isn't compatible with 1.5 vanilla because vanilla doesn't support any other font kernings, so I asked SP614x and Kahr to read from an alternate location... They both added checks, but SP614x messed it up. So Vanilla doesn't read it, MCPatcher works correctly and Optifine uses vanilla font with floppies kerning.

In 1.6 vanilla, font kerning reverts to vanilla spacing after first load, so the font has to be supplied in the alt location again. I'm not sure if it reads correctly with Optifine this time around.

The font I made (which I intended as an alt, I'm really not a big fan of it) uses the exact same footprint as mojang's font, so vanilla is compatible with it even though the kerning isn't adjusted for the texture pack.
    GoldBattle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.