Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Ender IO

Discussion in 'Modded Support' started by MageRooster, Oct 29, 2013.

1. MageRooster

MageRooster Well-Known Member

There's a fairly newish mod called Ender IO out there and since I didn't see a thread for it yet: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...s-in-one-block-less-than-1-million-downloads/

(I'm going to try my hand at coming up with some textures myself soon, but I'm not very good at spriting and it'll take me a while. Hopefully I'll have a few things posted if work leaves me enough free time.)

Things I'll Probably Skip: (Because 16x textures are fine for things the thickness of Steve's finger)
    Empty Liquid Conduit Tube: Normal, Extraction Mode, Insertion Mode
    Power Conduit Tube: Normal, Enhanced, Ender
    Redstone Conduit Tube: On, Off
    Insulated Redstone Conduit Tube: On, Off

Blocks Remaining:
    Liquid Conduit (Mini Block)
    Power Conduit Miniblock: Normal, Enhanced, Ender
    Redstone Mini-Block:On, Off
    Insulated Redstone Conduit Miniblock: On, Off
    Redstone Switch: On, Off
    Photovoltaic Cell: Top, Side
    Stirling Generator: Front+On, Front+Off, Side
    Dimensional Transceiver

Items Remaining:
    Capacitor: Basic, Double Layer, Octadic
    Basic Gear
    Binder: Composite, Conduit
    Metal Bars: Electrical Steel, Energetic Alloy, Redstone Alloy, Conductive Iron
    Tools: Yeta Wrench, MJ Reader
    Machine Chassi
    Powders: Coal, Iron, Gold, Copper, Tin
    Ender Face (Not to be confused with Cat Face)

GUIs Remaining:
    Bunch of interface icons
    Alloy Smelter
    Capacitor Bank
    SAG Mill
    Dimensional Transceiver
    Painter
    Power Monitor
    Stirling Generator

Edit: Added Status section
    Edit 2: Another wave of spriting done on 11/3.
    Edit 3: Another wave of block sprites done on 11/4.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  2. MageRooster

First round of spriting done:

Alloy Smelter (Front, Off)
    Alloy Smelter (Front, On), with animation!
    Electric Light (Off)
    Electric Light (On), with animation! (Not very visible though)
    Capacitor Bank (Main Texture)
    Capacitor Bank (Depleted Charge Bar)
    Capacitor Bank (Filled Charge Bar)
    SAG Mill (Front, Off)
    SAG Mill (Front, On), with animation! (I could use a better spinny thing. I used the Railcraft bore head but I wouldn't mind something more "drum" or "ball"-like to spin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mill_(grinding)#SAG_mill )
    Machine Side

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  3. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

They are looking good, but, the animation with the fire has a white background. Not sure what you are trying to do (maybe animate the fire) but it looks bad when you have any type of solid color in a texture. Mayb try not doing an animation orr layering multiple fires, orr maybe having the old furnace background behind it. It needs some work still. Also the capacitor bank base texture seems to be lacking texture while I look at it. If I am right this is the bottom texture and then a bar is overlayed on top to show the amount of power. My trick would to try to add some texture, overlay something interesting, or just make it more appealing then it is now. Also you don't have to go with vanilla colors, you could take a swing and maybe have a less saturated block that might look a bit better.

Just some ideas, keep up to good work! I love it all
  4. MageRooster

Oh, I did miss putting a dark color behind the fire.

As for the capacitor banks, it's a multi-layer sprite that I only have some control over. The edges look terrible because my texturing revealed a bug where he was using the furnace edges instead of the machine block edges. The capacitor bank also CTMs itself so I HAVE to have kind of a bland base or it just doesn't tile right. It's a tricky object, so I pretty much just replaced the 16x textures with 64x equivalents.

____| Edge corners (which SHOULD be taking the edges from the machine side file but isn't)
    Base |
    ____| "Dark" Charge Bar | "Filled" Charge Bar

The edge corners get adjusted by the mod itself to do the CTM work. The charge bar ALSO CTMs together but only vertically. I guess I could put some widgets on the parts around the charge bar but the clear zones where this looks right are kind of tiny and would only look REALLY cool if I did some random CTM page for it, which is now on my list of things to do. :p
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 1, 2013 ---
    Fixed the problem with the furnace and did the painter (on with animation, off) tonight but I'm going to wait until I have more done before putting a new version up.

As the conduit pieces themselves are super-tiny, they're either going to be very fast or skippable entirely. 16x16 looks fine when the piece is something about 6 pixels wide next to a full block. I probably should at least do the miniblocks, though. If only to have the right water bucket on it.
  5. Cryosleep

Cryosleep New Member

keep it up :)
    cant await
  6. MageRooster

Fixed:
    Alloy Smelter Animation

Added:
    Ender IO Frame
    "Smelting Mode" GUI Icons
    Fused Quartz
    "Redstone Interaction" GUI Icons
    Painter (Animated!)
    Power Monitor (Animated!)
    Reservoir (All CTM pieces)
    Tesseract Portal (I made it ender greenish instead of nether purply)

I've decided to skip the conduit tubes as they're really thin and wouldn't really gain anything for becoming 64x.

I AM going to do the little conduit node blocks, since they have icons on them. 64x might be overkill for them, though.

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam and GoldBattle like this.
  7. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013