Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!
  3. Registration has been temporarily disabled until we sort out the issue regarding spam on the forums. Sorry about this!

Resolved Diamond tools have odd textures when enchanted.

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by LMSpydude, Jun 2, 2015.

1. LMSpydude

LMSpydude New Member

Hi, I'm using Soartex Fanver 2.8.4 with the newest version of HDTextureFix (MCPatcher) and am noticing a strange occurence with my enchanted diamond tools.

Once the tool is enchanted it changes in appearance from normal to... some sort of crystalline thing (that actually looks really cool).

I do believe this is an intended feature, but I do not understand why this only happens with some of my tools. Also, it appears there are some minor texture errors, as the sides do not look to come together correctly.
    All of my diamond tools are enchanted (my axe, shovel, pickaxe and sword) but I have only noticed this with the sword and pickaxe.

The enchants are:
    Axe - Efficiency 2, Unbreaking 2

Shovel - Efficiency 1

Pickaxe - Efficiency 4, Fortune 2

Sword - Fire Aspect 2, Bane of Arthropods 4

I would like to know if this is an intended feature, and why it only appears on some of my tools.

Help soon would be great.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. LMSpydude

LMSpydude New Member

Here are some screenshots:
    2015-06-01_15.39.52.png 2015-06-01_15.39.55.png
  3. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

4. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

@artdude543 @LMSpydude

Considering MCPatcher is being used, my first guess points to CIT ( Custom Items Textures). CIT is basically the same thing as CTM but applied for items.

Inside the Resource Pack folder (Soartex_Fanver\assets\minecraft) there's a folder called mcpatcher and inside, there should be another folder for items. The folder mcpatcher ,within the Resource Pack, is "activated" once MCPatcher is used or Optifne however, MCPatcher is the only one to run CIT.

Hope this helps :)

Best regards,