Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Spoilers Could this be the Customiser?

Discussion in 'News & Discussions' started by artdude543, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

[​IMG]
    #spoils #teasing ;)
  2. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

Oh god, that looks complicated...
  3. artdude543

Nah thats simple to understand xD Maybe this one might show a bit more...

Hmm (open)

[​IMG]
  4. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Once I saw it I thought... crap I need my gla... oh wait. xD
    Nefar1on likes this.
  5. artdude543

Okay as the user side is getting near completion here is a full screenshot of one of the tabs :)

Full Preview (open)

[​IMG]
    CRASH1997, Matrix, Nicolas and 2 others like this.
  6. Matrix

Matrix Well-Known Member

Must.. need... that!

and code looks complicated.. *Brain explodes..*
  7. artdude543

Just finished a re-work of the compiling code and wanted to let you guys see that is working (ish) ;)

Compliles! (open)

[​IMG]

Small print: The sharing system is probably not what your thinking but more will be told as the system evolves
    CRASH1997 and Valsis like this.
  8. Valsis

Matrix likes this.
  9. CRASH1997

CRASH1997 Well-Known Member

I managed to "steal" a little bit of textures, when Customiser worked (there was Minecraft 1.6). :p So... We are looking forward to new Customiser.
    As I see, new –°ustomizer almost identical from the old Customiser. Among the changes only the appearance and Invictus customizer.
    Very :cool:.
  10. Simonbn

Simonbn Member

First time posting here :) Thanks for all the hard work going into creating something like this :)
    Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm pretty new to this), but when the Customizer is done, I will be able to choose the texture (from a list) that I want to use for - let's say - the Oak Planks, and after picking and choosing all the textures, I'll get a .zip with my Customized Soartex Pack, right? :)

And question number 2: Any news about the Customizer? ;) Maybe it's against the rules to ask about a release date, but any hints to when we will get it?

11. Valsis

Hello @Simonbn and first of all, welcome to our forums!

About your questions, let's start with question number one and then number two.

1- Your assumption on what the customizer will be is completely correct! In fact, you can do even more than just change the oak planks. You will have a huge panoply of textures to choose from for every single texture that has alternative textures for it. Like this, you will be able to make your own custom Soartex Fanver Resource Pack! Simply take in consideration what it's stated in our license that, "Customized packs which contain Soartex Fanver textures are not allowed to be distributed anywhere."

2- There's no rules about what to ask in our forums :) We simply ask for common sense in regards to things that take its own time to be created. Our customizer is being coded from scratch by @artdude543 and he's making his best to get it done, however like everyone else here, we have a life outside of the computer so, he can't dedicate his full time to the customizer but only a fraction of it. With this, there's no estimated time for when it will be done.

Thank you for joining our family and I hope to see you soon around here maybe contributing and helping us get bigger!

Best regards,
    Val*
    Simonbn likes this.
  12. Simonbn

Simonbn Member

What a warm welcome - thanks! :) And thank you for the detailed answer :)
    I will do my best to contribute to this community!
    Valsis likes this.
  13. artdude543

Just thought that is might be an idea to show off an updated screenshot of the system so far.

Options Window = http://i.imgur.com/3ciQlRS.png

This window/dialog allows you to change options with the pack you are customizing etc.. In regards to any updated the system I would say is around the 50/60% mark of being done. The user side is pretty much solid now, so it's just the admin side to complete now.

I will have some more news/updates about the system soon, along with a special secret thing which you will have to wait and see what thats all about :p
    malvin37 and Valsis like this.
  14. jackson96969

jackson96969 New Member

I cannot wait to use this :)!
  15. RagedSerpent

RagedSerpent Well-Known Member

There should be a forum post for textures other people made in the customizer.
  16. Valsis

They are all available in this forum, you just have to search for them by key words ;)

All textures in the previous customizer were uploaded in first hand in the forum so, they are indeed accessible to everyone, it's simply a matter of searching for them.

Best regards,
    Val*
  17. RagedSerpent

Sounds good Val. I would also like to know the progress so far, if anything changed over the days. ;):rolleyes:
  18. Valsis

About progress on the customizer, I'm not the one behind the code but @artdude543 is, he's not only the owner of the pack & community but the person who's leading everything in our community. His brains are the ones behind 90% of what we achieved so far and he's the only one that can tell you about progress on it ;)

Best regards,
    Val*
  19. CRASH1997

CRASH1997 Well-Known Member

Maybe our friend need a support group? Let's dance with tambourines. As far as I know, the tambourine is main instrument of system administrator. :) Maybe it is only in Russia.
    But anyway we can't wait for the new Customizer that we have not seen since 1.7 update. I'm missing it. :(
  20. artdude543

The Customizer is getting there not far off now but still has some work before we are going to release it. But when the system becomes more stable (code wise) I will be looking for a few people to help test it out. Effectively beta test the new system, I will release more information nearer the time but I thought I would give an update on the current progress of the system.
  21. RagedSerpent

May I beta test the customizer, or only specific people are chosen for it?
  22. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

At this point, it is not at the stage for public or private testing. Thanks for showing interest though!
  23. Eplote

Eplote New Member

I'm sorry if anyone ask this before or its a rule, but when is the customizer coming out about. I really need it!
  24. Valsis

@Eplote
  25. RagedSerpent

Wasn't there supposed to be a livestream for this project? It's been a while and it hasn't come back up yet.
    Oh Btw...
    New signature request: Anything with Minecraft 1.8 stuff in it
  26. Valsis

I've set this challenge to which no one contributed so far. I'm still waiting for people to contribute with their own maps/projects etc to make a new presentation of the pack through our platforms.

I set these challenges to get people involved, considering we're a community. I can't do this by myself because I'm not the community. WE are the community. ;)

I'm still waiting for the challenge to get done by someone or by a group of people ;)
  27. RagedSerpent

Any news/updates on the customizer?
  28. Sephiroth

Sephiroth New Member

Any news & updates on this customizer? Appears to be completely dead from what I can see, with last update posted almost 11 months ago.
  29. Valsis

@Sephiroth There's no eta on the customizer considering we're a really small team and only one, maybe two people, are working on it.

Considering the fact we all have a life outside the computer, and external projects, some things might fall into second plan.

We want the customizer back for sure, We just can't give away an eta because not even we know when it will get done. It's in the makings so, it's a matter of waiting.

If anything, you can always use the search engine on the top right corner and find the textures in our forum like that. They might not be in an actual pack but they still fall into the license that we hold for Soartex Fanver.

Best regards,
  30. Sephiroth

Sephiroth New Member

Same ol' canned response I got much earlier this year.. Doesn't quite answer the question. Yes, I understand you've got a small group of people, but it really shouldn't take years to get a customizer together. ... If the current one isn't completable, why not contact the author(s) of painterly and see if you could get their system to use interim? Yeah, searching works, but its really a hassle to do especially when the textures I'm looking for are extremely specific, and having to sit here and look through maybe 40 posts just to find what I want is quite time-consuming. :v But alas, thanks for responding, even if it is a canned message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.