Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Archived Connected Textures Mod

Discussion in 'MCPatcher' started by Shoeboxam, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Now that's really darn impressive. It even tiles correctly on corners. Take all my likes.
  2. Rashed

Rashed Administrator

I have reported LOADS of problems.
    Optifine does NOT work correctly unless you have set it's settings for CTM to Fancy. I just prefer to use MCPatcher's CTM...
  3. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Update: fixed a bug with the wool (some corners were missing)
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DDjusD and Patrick Geneva like this.
  4. REDX36

REDX36 Time-Capsule Stowaway Retired Staff

Here are my stone slabs, with code:

Show Spoiler

terrain6.png

Code:
    source=/ctm/terrain6.png

method=ctm

tiles=0-11 16-27 32-43 48-59

Ninten_Droid likes this.
  5. Sgt Blue

Sgt Blue New Member

hey i was wondering where the code goes so i can have any block have connected textures, especially wool.
  6. Shoeboxam

Wool is already set up with CTM, just download the primary pack (not the customizer version, which doesn't support the extra CTM files), then open it up and take a look in the /ctm/ folder. You will find everything in there!
  7. it doesn't work for me and i used mc patcher, what am i doing wrong?
    even with the default texture pack it doesn't do anything
  8. REDX36

When did you patch with MCPatcher? You may have used an old version.
  9. just before I posted it here, I saw I had version 2.3.7 and the newest version is 2.4.0 so I will look if that works and you will hear

EDIT: It works!!!!!
    but can this also be made for glass panes?
    I like to use glass panes instead of glass blocks

is it true that ctm doesn't work when i have modloader installed, because without modloader it works, but with modloader it doesn't work anymore
  10. REDX36

First of all, I recommend using Forge instead of modloader, it recently absorbed all of its features.

And about the glass panes, the maker of MCPatcher hasn't added this feature in yet, because its buggy.
  11. does forge the same as modloader then?
  12. REDX36

13. I have deleted all in the .minecraft folder except for the saves folder, and run mcpatcher and installed forge, but when I start my world I get a black screen, why?
  14. REDX36

Did you force update?
  15. Shoeboxam

@Redx: Resetting the .minecraft folder is far more thorough than forcing the update. Force update only deletes files in bin.
  16. REDX36

Do both, it just the way he said it seemed like he only cleaned out.
  17. Shoeboxam

Just a really simple fix to the current texture, I made the offset slab appear on the top instead of the bottom. That way repeaters and blacksmiths aren't affected.
    Show Spoiler
    random.png
    Ninten_Droid likes this.
  18. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I still don't agree with the fence and button...
  19. Shoeboxam

Whoops, just forgot to remove those.
  20. REDX36

Could my CTM top stone slabs be added in the update?
  21. Ninten_Droid

Ninten_Droid Super Omega Ultra Member

I like the fence and button. We should just have the random.png w/ them as a seperate download or something.
  22. Shoeboxam

I've got a tweak to the leaves. This here eliminates most of the lines between birch and oak leaf blocks!
    http://imgur.com/a/hchCb#0
    Show Spoiler
    terrain52.png

EDIT: I made some a CTM sheet for the mossy cobble. Im not sure if it's worth including, though.
    http://imgur.com/a/eZfX2#0

Attached Files:

23. REDX36

Can I point out something with CTM sandstone? The one we have now makes the lower sandstone very light, and the texture we have now doesn't even need CTM. I suggest we remove it -> replace all the textures for it with the same texture.
  24. Alex

Alex New Member

Show Spoiler

Hey Ninten_Droid i am working on the iron ctm
    ctmIron.png
  25. REDX36

Screens must be had, those lines...
  26. Shoeboxam

Watch out for a few things...
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    Blue circle point out the darker black area in the middle. That won't tile correctly, leaving harsh lines between blocks.
    The red lines point out places in the texture where there are harsh lines. They need to be smoothed out.

Looks like a great project, I am looking forward to seeing the results!
  27. Alex

Alex New Member

I have tested that part out and the lines dont look super great and the dark area in that spot was a complete accident, i will work on it tomorrow, got an essay and trig hw to do tonight, and tomorrow, too. Im also working on the 6x4 block section on the right.
  28. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

I think that the circular gradient and the texturing will prevent you from making a CTM iron texture by copy/pasting. If you want it to look right, your best bet is to recreate the texture from scratch as close as you can possibly get it, then you will be able to manipulate your layered version more easily (I've done that with a couple of textures).
  29. Shoeboxam

Floppy has a point. You may want to learn about gradients, mess with filters until you get a texture that looks just like soar's (not that hard). Then make the shading match and connect evenly throughout (much harder). Rivets and borders would have to come last.
  30. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Hehe, "not that hard" you say? You'd be surprised how much a minor difference stands out.
    Shoeboxam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.