Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Archived Connected Textures Mod

Discussion in 'MCPatcher' started by Shoeboxam, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

MCPatcher now supports custom mappings! This means we can have connected textures for more than just bookshelves and glass.

Kahr's Tutorial (open)
    Connected Textures
    MCPatcher's Connected Textures Mod is compatible with the original CTM mod/Optifine, so if a texture pack already follows the /ctm.png standard, it should just work. Here's the template /ctm.png from the original thread for reference:

[​IMG]

In addition, you can use connected textures with any block. The format is the same as above, but just the glass part. Here's a template with simple black outlines:

[​IMG]

Both block-based and tile-based methods are supported. Name the file /ctm/block<block id>.png or /ctm/terrain<tile number>.png depending on which you want to use. Also remember that the image needs to be the same size as terrain.png (256x256 for 16x texture packs, etc.).
    To-Do:
    -planks (perhaps)
    -ores (perhaps)
    -iron and gold blocks
    -glowstone
    -PAINTINGS
    Disaster86, DDjusD, REDX36 and 2 others like this.
  2. REDX36

REDX36 Time-Capsule Stowaway Retired Staff

Holy smithels! Does MCPatcher include CTM now?

EDIT: Its does!

IDEAS:

Stone slabs (So its one continuous stone mass)
    Beds
    Sheynx likes this.
  3. Disaster86

Disaster86 Minecraft Modder

Indeed Red, but if you think ctm in mcpatcher is good, just wait till Kahr adds the possible features hes mentioned to it ;P

On the forum thread after explaining his reasoning on making ctm both block ID and index-based:
    In response to my Custom Languages idea:
    REDX36 likes this.
  4. Shoeboxam

Ahahahah!! Best news ever! Randoterrain, baby, randoterrain!

EDIT: Problem with glass!
    1. We need lattice glass CTM.
    2. Our current CTM glass has a tiling problem:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    REDX36 and Sheynx like this.
  5. Disaster86

Eww... I'm having problems getting my wool to work, I'll start to work on it tommorow, it's nether update today isn't it so I need to get my mobs done!

By next weeks deadline I'll have a bunch of custom animations (all blinking images done, a few regular blocks done, working on the code now) and connected textures. It's gonna be a Visual Overhaul update! I am using my own code for the mobs instead of Misas now but I realised that in my code all animals blink at the same time (fail) so I'm working on randomising them. As for cram I'll brainstorm some ideas tommorow
  6. REDX36

I can't WAIT :D But what textures would be randomized?
  7. Disaster86

My idea: all stone bricks, Ruin Structures would benefit from this if say, Cracked Stone Bricks had different levels of damage, Moss Stone Bricks' level varied as-well and plain Stone Bricks could be randomized for a realistic effect. As for Ornate Stone Bricks, you could make some nifty patterns with it if they differed in design, existing builds might look weird but you can always replace them until you get what you want (same as paintings).
    Rashed and REDX36 like this.
  8. REDX36

Ores too, can we set the frequency of a random texture? 1 in 50 stone could be cracked a bit, some sand could have a skull, ect.
    --- merged: Apr 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM ---
    CTM Stone!

stonectm.png
  9. Disaster86

I think you need to o the est of the textures red, otherwise some builds won't have borders in the right places
  10. REDX36

I know, I just have no idea what they are used for.
  11. Disaster86

the lines are the outline of the block, the transparency is the main texture...
    just do it all if you want it correct
  12. REDX36

Okay, Im doing that
  13. Shoeboxam

Couldn't help it, made a ctm texture:
    Show Spoiler
    terrain5.png
    It still stacks just how it would before, but when you put a slab block next to it, it will use the staggered stone. Place a folder in root called "ctm," then name this file terrain5.png and place it inside. You will need the latest version of MCPatcher.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Looks like you cannot use CTM for some things...
    Show Spoiler
    terrain73.png
    Once MCPatcher supports this, here is my start on it. It has all the new textures in it to tile through the rest of the sheet, by the way.

EDIT2: Simple guide
    Show Spoiler
    guide.png
    DDjusD and Ninten_Droid like this.
  14. Disaster86

I thought it was obvious but you guys are struggling so here, the ones on the end (a.k.a. not a clue) are for example, the outlines needed to fill in the gap in amongst these blocks:

block
    gap block

without it:
    example.png
    with it:
    example2.png

Can you see the difference? If not ill tell you: the middle block cannot connect to the other blocks properly because the border in the centre is not there, the top of the right block is there, the right of the top block is there, but not the middle pixel that connects them in the centre block. The blocks on the sides are different fixes for problems like this.

The block in the centre is the same as the outline next to the blocks you tagged as 3x3 pad if the example was inverted horizontally it would be the second across from 3x3 pad.

Nothing special, but if you leave the outlines there the block will come out as just the outlines in some builds.
    Shoeboxam and Ninten_Droid like this.
  15. REDX36

I'm done with the top of stone slabs:

terrain 007.png

Screenshots, normal texture has borders:

2012-04-18_16.48.52.png
    --- merged: Apr 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM ---
    CTM Wool:

terrain64.png
    Ninten_Droid likes this.
  16. Ninten_Droid

Ninten_Droid Super Omega Ultra Member

Cant wait for more screenshots :D
  17. REDX36

CTM Wool is done:

terrain64.png
    Disaster86 and Ninten_Droid like this.
  18. Disaster86

what about this... not as much white lines?
    terrain65.png
    REDX36 and Ninten_Droid like this.
  19. Shoeboxam

Disaster, the left 4x4 square looks better, the middle 4x4 square seems to have a few dark lines and the right 4x4 square is brighter. Definitely an improvement, though.
  20. Ninten_Droid

I started on the CTM Iron block... (Its not finished, I just started it for whoever wants to finish it, because im not good at making good 64x textures...)
    Show Spoiler
    ctmIron_block.png
    Alex likes this.
  21. Shoeboxam

Keep it up! The vertical and horizontal block stacks could use some love to make them look CTM.
    Ninten_Droid likes this.
  22. Ninten_Droid

I cant do that... I just basically made the template :/
  23. REDX36

? You just tiled the iron blocks on the top and left, its not gonna do anything.

I'll work on it tommorow. :)
  24. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Look at the image with a grid over it, to get a better idea of what they are. That 'no clue' is a block surrounded on all sides but the top-right corner. It is completely blank except for that inside corner.
  25. REDX36

It has to do with the connection of blocks, black lines inside the grid are borders, dots are corners, transparent is content.
  26. Disaster86

WOOL

Images removed!
  27. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Why are the connected blocks a different color than the single block?
    REDX36 and Sheynx like this.
  28. REDX36

Did you recolor disaster, or do each by hand?
  29. Disaster86

I recoloured to save time, can somebody correct me, I'm a bit colourblind, I'll still do the code. :(
  30. REDX36

:[ It's okay, I'll try to recoloror it as best as I can.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.