Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Priority Common Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Shoeboxam, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

How to Install Soartex
    1. Run Minecraft
    2. Click texture packs button
    3. Click "Open Texture packs folder"
    4. Drag Soartex into your texture packs folder
    No additional mods are needed
    How to improve graphics (open)
    Install Optifine or MCPatcher to enable additional texture features built into Soartex.
    Create your own Soartex textures and post them here!
    Install GLSL shaders. I would like to add more support for these, but I don't know how.
    How to improve performance (open)
    1. Update Java
    2. Update your graphics driver.
    3. Allocate more memory to Minecraft. This can be done easily with Magic Launcher. I suggest staying below 2GB.
    4. Close down other programs. Otherwise they may take CPU/GPU/RAM resources needed for Minecraft.
    5. Install Optifine, then tweak the settings to make further improvements. Optifine also fixes a bug in vanilla that improves handling of HD textures specifically.
    Optimal Optifine Settings (open)
    Smooth Lighting: Off
    Fog: Fast/Off
    Performance Settings>Smooth FPS: On
    Performance Settings>Smooth World: On
    Performance Settings>Lazy Chunk Loading: On
    Particles: Minimal
    Chunk loading: Smooth
    6. Tweak Vanilla settings
    Optimal Vanilla Settings (open)
    Performance: Max FPS
    Advanced OpenGL prevents geometry that isn't visible from rendering. It does this by ray tracing, adding calculations to your CPU.
    -Turn on if GPU is bottleneck
    -Turn off if CPU is bottleneck
    7. Only have one version of Java installed. 32 bit systems need x86 Java, 64 bit systems need x64 Java.
    8. Play on a server to remove server side calculations from your computer
    9. Update lwjgl
    10. Dust your computer.
    11. Upgrade your computer. Soartex can't run on a potato, silly!

If you are having problems, please list your:
    -Minecraft version
    -Soartex version
    -If installed, MCPatcher version
    -If installed, Optifine version
    -If installed, any other mods

Common Bugs
    Immediate Crash with Optifine/MCPatcher
    Try using this version of Soartex: http://files.soartex.net/main/Soartex_Lite.zip
    Soartex_Lite is an extremely simplified version of the main pack, Soartex_Fanver.

How to remove white lines between blocks
    1. Right click desktop
    2. Open NVidia control panel
    3. "Adjust image settings with preview"
    4. Select "Let 3D Application Decide"

Bright white night sky- Allocate more RAM
    Show Spoiler
    When Minecraft is launched, it gets an allowance of 1GB of memory. Memory holds files the game is using, such as Soartex textures and the world around you. If Java/Minecraft runs low on memory, it will remove files to free up memory and prevent Minecraft from crashing. One of the first files to be removed is the night sky.

To fix the problem, allocate more memory to Minecraft. This can be done easily from Magic Launcher or MultiMC. If that doesn't work, delete the Soartex_Fanver.zip/terrain/sky0/ folder to remove the special textures for the skies altogether. This will make vanilla sky textures appear instead.
  2. gjr888

gjr888 Active Member

wow thanks my Minecraft goes 10x faster now!
  3. Oscar

Oscar New Member

What about this image.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    I've tried the magic launcher and didn't work, also, there is no "Soartex_Fanver.zip/terrain/sky0/starfield.png" file in the pack

How to solve it?, it was working perfectly before de 1.5.1 minecraft version.

Thank you
  4. Make sure you're using the latest optifine version available (this used to happen with early 1.5 optifine versions)
    Optifine : http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...b3-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
  5. Joseph

Joseph New Member

6. Valsis

Valsis Graphic Designer / Fanver Developer Staff Member

If you're simply talking about vanilla minecraft Textures, I have the latest version of both Optifine and the Pack and I have no issues, maybe you're having lack of ram?
  7. RightClickAndy

RightClickAndy New Member

The soartex texture doesn't work when I press it in game, it just says in the default texture. I'm not sure what to do.
  8. Try deleting from the ressource pack all the wools folders in assets\minecraft\mcpatcher\ctm, and then retry. It should work.
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  9. Shoeboxam

10. RightClickAndy

RightClickAndy New Member

thank you soo much it worked :D
    TarquinsBrutus likes this.
  11. koryphira

koryphira New Member

Hi, thanks for help in any way!

I have downloaded the newest pack for 1.6.2 and mc patcher for 1.6.2, and too many items for 1.6.2.
    Started with a new copy of 1.6.2 Minecraft.

As it is listed on the first post in this topic it crashes, so I got to the next step, using the lite version.
    Works, I can play fine, but I don't get connected textures, allthough I checked it within mc patcher.

I also want to get the shadows which are seen in the screens on the official topic on minecraftforum.net --> Is there any known step by step tutorial how to get them right ? Please let me know, or if not, could someone briefly tell me what I need? (forge, GLSL, or sonic? )

I appreaciate any help!
  12. Shoeboxam

13. koryphira

koryphira New Member

thanks shoeboxam.

Is it known why mc patcher crashes with the full version of soartex? Because, i don't really need the shadows and stuff, but I want to have connected textures at least.

and thanks for the links, my computer will work fine with this, if the graphic cards listed there are the true requirements.

EDIT:
    The bad thing is, GLSL needs forge, and forge allways tells me, the download is corrupted :(
  14. Shoeboxam

I'll need a crash report to have any chance at knowing what's going wrong. My best guess is that you're running out of memory, and that you need to allocate more to Minecraft when you start it.

GLSL doesn't need Forge, it only needs Optifine. ;)
  15. koryphira

koryphira New Member

16. Shoeboxam

I didn't realize Karyonix updated his version of the GLSL mod. It seems there are two different GLSL mods out there now, Sonic Ether's and Karyonix. Installation instructions also seem to have changed in 1.6 as well.

Thanks for the correction! :)
  17. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

I started up Minecraft today and i encountered this
    2013-08-31_19.24.59.png
    ??????????
  18. erikofthenorse

erikofthenorse New Member

Hello I too am having an issue of not being able to click on the latest version of Soartex in the selection menu within minecraft. It just stays default. I was just using 2.5 version and once I downloaded 2.6 and put it in my resource folder, the game does not allow me to select it. I tried deleting all the wool folders in the ctm folder but that did nothing. I was only using optifine before and got mcpatcher to see if that helped, but it did nothing.
  19. WestBayBoi

WestBayBoi New Member

New here, but I keep on running into a problem with the resource pack (have had this problem since after minecraft 1.2.5). I have optifine for 1.7.10 I believe which can be found here on top (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ptifine-hd-d1-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and) and I went onto the download page on this site and clicked the link for both of the main versions for soartex and invictus and downloaded the files on top of the pages (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/texture-packs/42794-soartex-fanver/files) and (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/texture-packs/220720-invictus/files). Then I proceeded to put the downloaded files into my resource packs folder in minecraft and when I ran the resource packs in minecraft, all the blocks are completely white or lime green. All the potions, food, armor, redstone, weapons, etc are fine but the building blocks, water, lava, doors, and plants aren't. I'm not completely sure why this happens but it used to work fine until I upgraded minecraft from 1.2.5. After that I've been having this exact same problem. And if it helps I run on Mac and let me know if you guys want me to post a picture of what it looks like.
  20. Valsis

Hello there @WestBayBoi !

Can you tell us the specs of your computer as well of much ram you have alocated in the game?
    Also, if possible, could you provide us a screenshot regarding the issue?

Best regards,
    Val*
  21. Gyrpaiwjha

Gyrpaiwjha New Member

-minecraft version 1.7.10
    -Soartex version 1.7.10
    -Mcoatcher version 1.7.10
    -NO FORGE OR OPTIFINE

The texture pack is amazing as always apart from when I go underwater the whole screen goes white..there's no transparentcy like there should be...

Please help!
  22. cookie_oreo

cookie_oreo New Member

I need HELP.If i connect the bookself together if show a black and purple picture on the front.Here's My spec: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.50 GHz:4.00GB (3.48 usable):64 bit processor.No the game is not modded
  23. Valsis

You're using optifine for that to happen. A fix will be rolled out in the next few days for that and a few other things that we've been working on.

If you want to remove this bookshelf issue before the next fix, simply go to:
    C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks\Soartex_Fanver\assets\minecraft\mcpatcher\ctm\blocks
    and delete the bookshelf folder and it's done.

Make sure you close the game and open it back again :)

Best regards,
  24. cookie_oreo

cookie_oreo New Member

Val* One item textures are missing :c
  25. Valsis

Oh boy!

which one?

Best regards,
  26. cookie_oreo

cookie_oreo New Member

I don't see the brewing stand,cauldron,comparator,all the doors,hopper and item frame.This is what i'm trying to do is i'm trying to make my on texture pack but with soartex and invictus and no i'm not going to publish it but if maybe you could fix the missing items?
  27. CloudWolf

CloudWolf Member

How can i change the birch color?/I'm using paint.net
  28. YumNoodlez

YumNoodlez New Member

Hey Val new member btw i just wondering why the leaves are different ill show you the pictue 2016-09-25_19.34.36.png
  29. Valsis

Hello there and welcome to the fam!

You're using Invictus, hence why the leaves look different. I do not take part on the maintenance or creation of Invictus R.P..

This forum is mainly for Soartex Fanver as Fanver is the fan version that is available for fans to contribute when Invictus is a closed project.

I hope this helps! :)

Best regards,
  30. YumNoodlez

YumNoodlez New Member

Hey Val thx for the fast reply who can i talk to when i have a situation problem like this in invictus.?