Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Carpenter's Blocks

Discussion in 'Modded Support' started by Drelge, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Drelge

Drelge Member

Im going to start working on the Carpenter's Blocks textures. I think most of the textures are items,
    Renada and Shoeboxam like this.
  2. Drelge

Drelge Member

Got all the blocks done except the patterns. The patterns are weird. May do them later.

Attached Files:

Renada and Shoeboxam like this.
  3. Drelge

Drelge Member

And here's the hammer and chisel.

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam likes this.
  4. Drelge

Drelge Member

Has a nice look, IMO. Just needs a library of patterns now.
  5. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Try to give a little bit more texture, as in shine and shadow, on the hammer's metalic part. It seems to be a flat color right now.
  6. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Awesome. I just added your mod work to the other mod textures. Things will show up in the mod patcher soon.

I totally agree with valsis by the way. Some shine would go a long way! I think you did a better job on the hammer than the chisel when it comes to that, but it could use some kind of shine gradient too. :)
  7. Drelge

Drelge Member

How would you do that in Paint.net? Just streaks of of lighter shade?
  8. Shoeboxam

The way I add a gleam like that is by using a gradient. I set the blend mode to "Dodge" and set the primary color to white. Then switch the gradient mode to Bi-Linear and find a nice opacity.

This way your gradient dodges fading lines. :p

Some of these things may not transfer well to Paint.net since all my ideas are based on Gimp...

[​IMG]
  9. Drelge

Drelge Member

Added a lil bit. Better?

Attached Files:

10. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Way better!
    Try to do the same with the Hammer :D
  11. Shoeboxam

I tried making a few tweaks of my own.
    chisel.png
    I used the dodge gradient from before, but I selected the metal part so that the shine wouldn't affect the wooden handle. I then used a tiny dodge/burn brush to tweak up a few pixels that were off because of my shading.
    Ventenah, Ben and Valsis like this.
  12. apatrida

apatrida Well-Known Member

I use the mod CarpentersBlocks myself, it's great, and since i didn't know anyone that had made a texturepack for it, i created some textures myself. Fell free to use them on your pack, if you think they're good enough (please note that i use a old version of the mod: v4.4, and the names of the textures might have changed in later versions).

Attached Files:

Ventenah likes this.
  13. Shoeboxam