Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Biomes O' Plenty

Discussion in 'Modded Support' started by Luiz Diego Garcia, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Drelge

Drelge Member

I was kinda lazy with the mud. Its basically blurred out dirt. I should blur the entire thing. I will get it fixed soon.
    I will try different things with the algae and mud. I wanted some "texture" in there, but in a subtle way.
    Ill center the daisy.
    I can grayscale the fern easily.
  2. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

I reorganized CTM in 1.6, so the override needs to be moved to a new place.

Based on the 1.6.2 Snapshot pack here:
    http://files.soartex.net/main/Soartex_Snapshot.zip
    Grass textures are now supposed to be here:
    /assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/ctm/models/tallgrass/*.png

Switched in the zip you gave me. ;)
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. krwminer

krwminer Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Just curious, why are the tallgrass and fern textures not in grayscale like vanilla minecraft textures?

Sorry if it is a dumb question, I do not know much about these things...
  4. Drelge

Drelge Member

So, this is what I finished. Be sure to review and fine tune where needed. Sorry, it wouldn't let me compact it into a .rar file.

Attached Files:

Shoeboxam and GoldBattle like this.
  5. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, it is looking good. The omegaore.png seems to still be 16x. Same with the swampflower.png

Edit: also your pine needs to have a transparent background.
  6. Drelge

Drelge Member

Derp. Ill get right on that.
  7. Drelge

Drelge Member

There we go.

Attached Files:

8. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

Do you think you could make the pine look like it has thinner leaves? like pine needles? Besides that, love the other textures!
  9. Drelge

Drelge Member

I could have, but I wanted to keep Soartex consistency on that one. Really, all the coniferous tree saplings should look like they have needles.
  10. Drelge

Drelge Member

Some of the textures in the updated Biomes o plenty haven't been updated. Like the amethyst ore.
  11. krwminer

You added more today? If so, where can I find them?
  12. Drelge

Drelge Member

I thought I posted them. Derp. Ill post again.

Attached Files:

13. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

I have been working on a few textures for this and been fixing them too, I am going to update the repo with your ones to make sure its up to date.
  14. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

Okay attached is an update for this patch (I have no added to to repo yet) There is two included 1.5/1.6 if there is something I have missed from the attached files above please note it :) Also included is some textures I have been working on.

Edit:

If they decide to add some more ores here is a template of the ore sheet (Attached) bop_ore.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Rashed and Shoeboxam like this.
  15. krwminer

I have some more suggestions on these textures.

The sunflower base and sunflower top do not align. The base seems a bit too thick and/or the top is a bit too small.

2013-08-16_11.40.31.png

I love the items\gems.

Has anyone looked at completing the missing log textures? Since most of the blocks are completed, the missing ones stick out.

Would it be possible to take the dart and poison dart from the projectile directory and rotate it to make items\dart and items\poisondart?

Thanks again for some wonderful textures!
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  16. Shoeboxam

Hey Kieron, I have a folder in the 1.5.2 branch with layers, .xcfs, .psds and such. I just started it a few days ago, but it has all the ores broken out among quite a few other things. That might be helpful. I'll be posting it soon.

I changed the ash block texture from the basalt paver texture to a lightened basalt. It is worldgen, it can't be tiles and look natural. :p Still not happy with it yet. The flowers could use a little meat on the stems too, but they look nice.
    krwminer likes this.
  17. Shoeboxam

I've made a number of additions and improvements!
    https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Soartex-Textures/commit/b298aaf9fee5f9e0942f6b95d4b32d41544004d5
    You can see that this commit was heavily influenced by other people's work, a lot of it is based off of textures submitted elsewhere within the pack. I mentioned credits at the bottom of the commit in the comments. Flowers were re-edited yesterday, when I switched them to Meara's textures.

Changes include quite a few log and tree remakes and additions of about four new trees, log ends and quite a few new flowers. I also made alterations to quite a bit of the base terrain to bring it closer to the BoP colors or Soartex style/sharpness. Many of the log textures look different in structure, but identical in style, because they have been resynthesized.
    Andy2k likes this.