Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Balavoine's Wood GUI

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Rashed, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rashed

Rashed Administrator

Please post you versions of this file here, and let the community review and assess it. We give constructive criticism, don't feel bad if someone doesn't like it!

EDIT BY SHOE:
    Book GUI info.
    Show Spoiler
    12w17a adds the ability to write in books, so there is now an accompanying GUI for it!

http://db.tt/dnWkomn3
    Show Spoiler
    Paper/Parchment Texture by Disaster86:
    Sample this for the book pages for consistency.
    View attachment 332
  2. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

3. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Ermac, I love it, I directed RGadelha here and he will hopefully test it out for us. One thing I noticed is that the inventory seems to be a different color than the other inventories. Can you copy/paste over the inventory from another GUI so that it matches?
  4. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

allitems.png fixed ** and configured
  5. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

trading.png
    need to fix
    !!!
    REDX36 likes this.
  6. Shoeboxam

The bottom section that gets laid over part of the inventory can have a minor improvement. Study how the inventory has two extra four pixel borders, the inner one darker and the outer lighter. Maybe you could copy that two layer border to the top of that section on the bottom? This way the border still exists when that panel is over those lower slots.

Another quick fix, look on the outer border of the GUI. The left and right sides have a few gaps that are incorrectly spaced right at the very edges. I can post a version with those spots pointed out.

Keep it up!

EDIT: Centering the redstone dust and other dusts may look better. What do you think? Getting those tabs lined up just right to make the icons appear centered can be tricky.
  7. Shoeboxam

8. Shoeboxam

Aww yeah, looks mighty fine. How do the tabs look in-game/ anything left to fix?
  9. Shoeboxam

No one is doing the ender chest or emerald at the moment, but the diamond icon and regular ore has been recolored. Take a look at the terrain.png thread in the "Root" forum, I have a lengthy text post there.

It's great to hear that about the creative inventory being fixed, I didn't expect any relief there... that will be much better, thanks for the heads up.
  10. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

11. Shoeboxam

12. RGadelha

RGadelha New Member

Let's wait for the next snapshot to see how it's going to be.
  13. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

14. Shoeboxam

Sweet, we are definitely getting there. Keep in mind that the crafting and armor areas will be flipped in the next update, so keep your layers. In your first image, second tab, the rose tab is very dark. Why is that? Also, I'm not a big fan of the destroy item slot. Regardless, these are some fantastic textures!

EDIT: The borders to the left and right are a bit off. I pointed them out earlier and RGadelha made the fixes, as you can see above. The bolts on the top and bottom border are missing, too.
  15. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

I have a very long set bolts, and the darkness at the Rose and the a block bricks is already code.
  16. RGadelha

RGadelha New Member

New Creative GUI:
    allitems_bob.png list_items_bob.png search_bob.png survival_inv_bob.png
    Maybe some misalignments but it's almost done:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not very happy yet with the trash can / Destroy Item thing.

*EDIT*
    No misalignments, DONE!
    But I'm still not happy with the Destroy Item icon :(

*EDIT2*
    Maybe this one?
    [​IMG]
    Ninten_Droid likes this.
  17. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

Second emerald is fantastic good!
    RGadelha likes this.
  18. Shoeboxam

Oh man, I am loving that emerald! Any chance you will make a diamond one too?

EDIT: Whoops, did not see your edits. The trash spot could have no bin at all, just a different kind of material. Maybe something like a grey slot with window-style border, like what Ermac had above.

EDIT 2: The armor and crafting slots will be switched, I think, in the next update. Be aware. Also, your trading GUI is off center.
  19. Darx

Darx Arabesque

My suggestion with the "destroy" icon is something like this:
    survival_inv_bob.png
    Its basically my older bucket, but dark and with some HELL FLAMEZ.
    Feel free to use it if you like the idea :p
    hokkay.png
    Ninten_Droid and RGadelha like this.
  20. RGadelha

RGadelha New Member

Trading GUI (now centered):
    trading_bob.png
    [​IMG]
    --- merged: Jun 3, 2012 8:38 PM ---
    I'm gonna try some diamonds later.

Related to armor and crafting slots being switched, I've heard about that too but I'm keeping my layers ;)

Thanks, I've fixed my Trading GUI and it's now centered (see above).

When you say "The trash spot could have no bin at all, just a different kind of material. Maybe something like a grey slot with window-style border, like what Ermac had above" you mean this?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    DDjusD and Ninten_Droid like this.
  21. Shoeboxam

Yes and no. Have no icon in the middle, just grey, but with a radial gradient in the center. Then take a look at ermac's border. Notice how it looks kinda metallic, almost like the window does?

Also, some texture in the center of it would look good. Using the faux stone (furnace top texture) would do that for you. That's my suggestion, feel free to take it in any direction you think would look best.
  22. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

trading.png trading with new buttons!
    DDjusD, RGadelha and Ninten_Droid like this.
  23. RGadelha

RGadelha New Member

Hey Ermac,
    Great buttons but they need a background:

[​IMG]
    DDjusD and Shoeboxam like this.
  24. RGadelha

RGadelha New Member

This:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    DDjusD and REDX36 like this.
  25. Shoeboxam

Yeah, that's it! Do you think it looks good?
  26. RGadelha

RGadelha New Member

Yes, it looks Soartex, it's looking good :cool:
  27. Ermac

Ermac Prominent Member

background is invisible:) bolts in right corners need corections Destroy icon is good ;)
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  28. Shoeboxam

Ermac, good eye. Yeah, the bolts need corrections, props to you on that.
  29. RGadelha

RGadelha New Member

That's what I've got before:

[​IMG]

The size of my balloon was wrong – see my post above – and it confused me :confused:
    I've fixed it already.

trading.png
    Regarding the bolts, I didn't get it, I'm pretty tired right now. What's wrong with them? Can you fix it?
  30. Shoeboxam

Sure, I'll take care of it. Don't forget there is now a book GUI, too. That's a bit of a different animal, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.