Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Armor

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Shoeboxam, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

I agree with Shoe. It's a nice design so far, I'm looking forward to seeing it develop.
  2. Nethkhar

Nethkhar Well-Known Member

Just tried this texture in game and the glitter effect was still there. I'm going to do a little more work on the armour and the last thing I do before transferring to Items.png will be your technique and I'll see if it works on any new pics. Thanks for the tip.
  3. Nethkhar

Armour update

Roman2_2.png Because in the original the shoulder plates were disappearing while trying to shade and highlight, I've tried adding a bit of gold trim to keep them more defined. Not sure if this is working tho. What do you peeps think?
    GoldBattle likes this.
  4. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Hmm, I think the gold should be kept on gold armor... I bet stronger shading would keep those popped out.
  5. Spassy

Spassy New Member

I found this armor from a much older version of the pack....

Attached Files:

6. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

Just to let you know we removed those from the pack. The reason be hind it is that we were "borrowing" textures with permission to from defscape. We decided t make our pack completely independent and therefore removed those. So we are still on the look for many vanilla default textures along with others.

@Nethkhar great work! I really do love it a lot. Keep at it. I think it fits the pack and right now....that is a feat. Keep going! I would love to see some items for armor finally added :D
  7. Spassy

Spassy New Member

Okay then.
    GoldBattle likes this.
  8. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

@ Nethkhar I love the helmets but they don't match at all the chestplates. The chestplates kind of remind of a light version of a steampunk armour and I would prefer them to have a similar texture and look like the helmets than the look they have right now.

Try to work on the details you gave to the chestplates and make them similar to the helmets, besides that, continue with the good work ;)
    GoldBattle likes this.
  9. Rashed

Rashed Administrator

Both the chestplate and the helmet look really nice, but I agree with Valsis. The chestplates texture looks different from the helmets

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  10. Sebastian

Sebastian Well-Known Member

What program are you guys useing to make those textures? I can't get it as nice!
  11. Sebastian

Here's my own armor. It's a ghillie suit.
    chain_1.png chain_2.png
    gjr888, TarquinsBrutus and Shoeboxam like this.
  12. Valsis

Sebastian, it's a good concept IF Default Texture pack had a "camo" armor as well.

However I believe you know that Soartex Fanver is a pack that does it's best to keep as faithful as possible to the Default Texture pack without changing the main texture but keep it simple and smooth.

I'm looking forward to see more work from you since creativity seems to be a high factor in you ;)
    Sebastian likes this.
  13. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

That's actually really cool, and very original/creative. But, as Val said, it doesn't fit with the pack.

...Hm, I wonder if any mods have camo/ghillie armor...
    Sebastian likes this.
  14. Sebastian

I know, and thank you. the armor is for my private use at the moment, but it's a good start making more armor for the Soartex texture pack."No great man starts out with a great impression."

There actully WAS a mod called "Ghillie suit mod" for version 1.2.5. It's gone from the Minecraft Forums, but there's some videos that shows waht the mod contain. 2013-04-23_19.40.48.png
    TarquinsBrutus likes this.
  15. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Neat!
    Show Spoiler
    I'm definitely keeping these textures around. When a customizer is ready, it will be an alt and I'm sure some mod would love it. Just because it isn't primary doesn't mean it won't get a lot of use. ;)
    [​IMG]
    Valsis, TarquinsBrutus and Sebastian like this.
  16. Sebastian

Thank you Shoeboxam for trying it out!:) I do really appriciate it!
  17. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

It's actually a cool design and idea. This may just be me, but it looks a little flat on you, Shoe and Sebastian. Might just be me. But it'd be a great alt or mod texture.
  18. Wow, Epic Camo Suit!

EDIT : And that beacon/beam looks awesome ! :D
  19. Sebastian

Well, I still need to polish the texture a bit but soon it'll be finished!
  20. Sebastian

Now i got a new set of armor! A Juggernaut suit!
    diamond_1.png diamond_2.png
    2013-04-24_07.43.00.png
    And the Ghillie suit is updated so it doesn't look so flat anymore.
  21. Theoratical

Theoratical New Member

Guys for an idea for the icons on the chest dont have it one piece have is like not connected but in a pile because unless there is a zip on the back how would you put on iron or gold or diamond cus that doesnt strech like a jumper
  22. Sebastian

23. Nethkhar

Thanks for this, I actually thought the same thing too, I've not been able to do much to them recently been busy with work. End of year tax and all that, but things are slowing down again now so should have some free time to do a bit of work to them.

I'm going to try to make a helmet to fit the chest and a chest to fit the helmet (if that makes any sense). The chest is based on real roman armour, the helmet is just a basic copy of the original minecraft one, which is why, I think, they don't fit together. Anyway, I'm hoping to get a chance to play this week and will upload any images for comments.
  24. Here's some simple chest armor ; this is not meant to be primary (Nethkhar making that awesome set of armor).
    I thought it could be used as a template for mod support (recolors & stuff).

Attached Files:

Luiz Diego Garcia and gjr888 like this.
  25. Valsis

They are way too plain and the shape it's, quite honestly, odd... at least to me.

They have lack of texture and balance between light & contrast.
    DrumMaster4 and Shoeboxam like this.
  26. Sebastian

Actully, I like it really much! if you make a whole set of it I would like to have it! :)
  27. EdgeWalker

EdgeWalker New Member

I was always baffled about the fact that my favorite texture pack didn't have improved armor textures. I want to volunteer to make them, but I'm not sure about the process. Here's what I whipped up during lunchtime today:

armors.jpg

How should I proceed? I apologize if I'm not following proper form, it's my first time contributing.
    gjr888, DrumMaster4 and GoldBattle like this.
  28. Valsis

Although they are amazing textures, they are extremely realistic for the look of our pack.

Try to soften the realistic look by toning down the brightness and tweaking the saturation to have less saturation because, at the moment, it's too saturated and way to shiny. I also love the shape, it's not too extreme nor too cartoony, to my eyes the shape is perfect.

I say it again, they are indeed amazing textures!! work your magic!! *thumbs up*

PS: the proper form is to type foo!!! Welcome to Soartex Fanver Forum :D
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  29. EdgeWalker

EdgeWalker New Member

Ah, it sounds like someone is already working on this, so let me know if I should do something else. Here's my second try at matching the Soartex aesthetic:
    chest armors.jpg
  30. Valsis

Now they are way too blured out :p it seems you passed your finger on them and blured everything and now lacks details lol
    Try o sharpen up a tiny little bit the shadow areas and give a bit more brightness in the lighted areas and see how it looks. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.