Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

[2.8] Minecraft 1.8 & Snapshots Other Textures

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Sheynx, Dec 29, 2013.

1. sreher

sreher New Member

so if its not too much trouble could someone make the banners using these wool textures? i dont know if i needed to put all the different color wool in the post, but to be safe i did. wool_colored_black.png wool_colored_blue.png wool_colored_brown.png wool_colored_cyan.png wool_colored_gray.png wool_colored_green.png wool_colored_light_blue.png wool_colored_lime.png wool_colored_magenta.png wool_colored_orange.png wool_colored_pink.png wool_colored_purple.png wool_colored_red.png wool_colored_silver.png wool_colored_white.png wool_colored_yellow.png
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

@sreher the banners will use the dyes color from the pack, not the wool colors.

For more information on how the banners work click here.

Best regards,
    Val*
  3. Valsis

New guardians textures!
    guardian.png (open)

texture:
    guardian.png
    screenshot: Not available. Someone care to test? :)
    Comment: I tried to go for a rocky figure that was given life to protect the under water temple reason why the cracks are evident and the highlights are present to give the false illusion of light under water.
    guardian_elder.png (open)

texture:
    guardian_elder.png
    screenshot: Not available. Someone care to test?
    Comment: read comment for guardian.png above.
    redflex1235 and Nefar1on like this.
  4. Nefar1on

Nefar1on Well-Known Member

Val's Guardian Textures:

Guardian (open)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Elder Guardian (open)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Valsis likes this.
  5. Nefar1on

Suggestion for the options_background.png

I suggest having a texture that relates to what that version of minecraft has added to the game, for example;
    Dirt: MC 1.0
    Redstone Block: MC 1.6
    Prismarine: MC 1.8
  6. Valsis

We want to keep the background neutral to the buttons we have. Adding those blocks would be a massive clash. The only options I suggest is using the oak planks or even stone so it doesn't clash with the widgets.

New better Armor Stand entity texture.
    armor_stand.png (open)

texture:
    wood.png
    screenshot: Not available. Would someone be willing to try it for me? :)
    Comment: Changed the texture itself of the wooden part. Now it's smoother and less aggressive to the eye.
  7. Valsis

Small tweak on the Elder Guardian to be more faithful to vanilla color-wise.
    guardian_elder.png (open)

texture:
    guardian_elder_2.png
    Screenshot: here &here (by @Klaujesi )
    Changelog: Changed the color of the spikes to be closer to vanilla and changed the color of the eye as well.
    NOTE:
    This is for everyone who checks my posts. When I request for someone to test my textures (because I cannot run Minecraft on my machine) it's because my machine overheats to a temperature of 80ÂșC and shuts down. The screenshots I've been posting have been taken by people I requested to test them for me. I would like to request for people to not use my excuse to not comply with the submission format presented in the main post 'cause even I try my best to comply with it even knowing I can't run Minecraft.
    Klaujesi likes this.
  8. Nefar1on

Val's Armor Stand
    Armor Stand Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Valsis likes this.
  9. Valsis

@Nefar1on thank you for uploading the screenshot! :)

I'm struggling with the item itself and I need Shoe's help to make it look right since it's missing pixels in game when it's everything right on Photoshop. I will update that one once it's done!
    Nefar1on likes this.
  10. Valsis

Okay so, you might be starting to get sick of the Armor Stand entity but.... here's another one. haha! I'm strongly feeling this is the one!
    wood.png (open)

texture:
    wood.png
    screenshot: here, here & here (by @Klaujesi )
    changelog: New wooden style and new base. I strongly feel this is the one!
  11. Valsis

Okay so, Mojang presented a new skin, I don't know if it's to replace Steve's skin or not, and it's named Alex. So here is my first attempt at making our own alex.
    alex.png (open)

texture:
    alex.png
    screenshot: Not Available yet. Can someone test it for me please and post a screenshot?
    Comment: For some reason I do like the messy type of jeans and boots. Makes it look like the character has been walking on dirt and fell a few times getting him this messy look. What do you guys think?
  12. Nefar1on

Looks good, suggestion i have would be to make steve and alex both look the same in the regard of having dirty clothes, and maybe some ripped shirs, to make them look like they've been surviving for a long time on their own.
  13. Valsis

It's a good suggestion however there's only so much I know how to do :p
  14. HenplaysMC

HenplaysMC Member

Hey guys,

I made my own mutton(raw) texture.
    I thought the bone would look nice as it is raw.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

15. Valsis

@HenplaysMC Hello and welcome to the forum!

Your texture looks slightly more towards the cartoon type of texture, maybe because of the lighter spots in it. The mutton in vanilla seems to have only an area of fat and then it's all meat ready to be eaten when yours lacks that bit of slight realism in the meat.

Try to work on that ;) It's always good to have other people helping with textures so, truly, welcome!
  16. Valsis

Okay so, a few days ago, it was told to me by a Twitch streamer that the visibility, while using the pumpkin in your head, it's incredibly decreased and makes it rather impossible to play while wearing it.

Here I'll showing a before and after from the current pumpkin overlay screen and then a new one I just made.
    Current Pumpkinblur.png (open)

pumpkinblur.png
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    New Pumpkinblur.png (open)

pumpkinblur.png
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    As funnier and unique the current pumpkinblur.png might look, we have to admit that it strongly decreases visibility while using it in game. The second version still offers that blurred visor telling us we have something in our head however is seriously improves visibility.

What are your thoughts on it everyone? :)
    Nefar1on likes this.
  17. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

I really like the updated version, mostly because it's a lot easier to use/see from than the current one. Thank you for this update :)
    Nefar1on and Valsis like this.
  18. Disaster86

Disaster86 Minecraft Modder

I guess that does make more sense...
  19. Valsis

Well look who decided to show up!! :D Happy to see you Disaster!

This small change was suggested due to a few people, streamers, complaining that they had their visibility strongly reduced while using the pumpkin making it near impossible to play with it.

Your texture still is amazing and we wont get rid of it. Not when I'm around at least :p
  20. Disaster86

Hi! Is there anything that needs to be done around here?
  21. Valsis

Maybe come back to the team so we can have your help again? :D and you know what I mean by come back to the team :)
  22. Disaster86

BANNERS! Banners and pillars, that's my calling for the time being. I'll be back soon with some alt textures :) Feel free to invite me if you guys still chat :p
    DrumMaster4 and Valsis like this.