Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

[2.8] Minecraft 1.8 & Snapshots Other Textures

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Sheynx, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Matrix

Matrix Well-Known Member

Edited..

-Requested by Val to move blocks to right threads, as long as Forcefield remain on this thread

-Matrix
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

I wont be reviewing this post for the following reason, we have three threads for distinct textures submissions, such as:
    - Blocks (click here): for all blocks textures submissions and reviews with the location minecraft\ assets\ textures\ blocks ;
    - Items (click here): for all items textures submissions and reviews with the location minecraft\assets\ textures\ items;
    - Other Textures (click here): for all textures submissions that are not part of the points mentioned above and are not found in the locations provided above as well.

Please post your textures in the right thread, it will be easier for us to review our member's submissions and to know where to find them in the future.

Best regards,
    Val*
    Matrix likes this.
  3. dan14941

dan14941 New Member

1.8 ready 3d version of a ladder.

Show Spoiler

Vanilla texture name: Ladder
    Version: 1
    New file uploaded!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  4. GoldBattle

GoldBattle Administrator Staff Member

You should be able to directly upload the file now. Please feel free to do so as I could not see the file in the folder that you linked to.
  5. dan14941

dan14941 New Member

Fixed!
  6. Valsis

My updated enchanted table. Decided to re-upload it again after giving some finishing touches.
    enchanted_table.png (open)

texture:
    enchanting_table.png
    screenshot: http://puu.sh/9JM8B/972fffa057.png
    Comment: Since I wasn't able to properly find a way to implement the orbs in the bottom left corner in a way that would look good, I grabbed the frame of the area where you place the item to enchant and made a smaller frame for each number. As you can see in the screenshot, It flows well with the rest of the texture and it matches the style. I also moved the orientation of the books so they don't show up behind the word "Inventory".
    DeusExMachina, redflex1235 and Matrix like this.
  7. Valsis

Here's the pig saddle!
    pig_saddle.png (open)

texture:
    pig_saddle.png
    screenshot:
    http://puu.sh/9VFY4/7ac9e9fd26.png
    comment: took a while but it's here!
    redflex1235, Matrix and artdude543 like this.
  8. Valsis

Here is my very first attempt at texturing mobs... the rabbits!
    rabbit folder (open)

textures: They all have the right name.
    salt.png white_splotched.png white.png caerbannog.png brown.png gold.png black.png toast.png
    screenshots:

comment: These textures go into assets/ minecraft/ textures/ entity/ (create new folder) rabbit
    I hope you all like them :)
  9. Nefar1on

Nefar1on Well-Known Member

I would like to make a suggestion for the enchanting table Val, it could look better if you make the numbers in the boxes a little bit green colored when you have the required levels.
  10. Valsis

Thank you for your suggestion!

I understand where you're coming from however allow me to explain why the numbers are not red nor green. Every time I texture something I try to give my own twist and personal touch to textures without going to far away from the vanilla textures. This time I decided to break away from the standard texture and go for a new approach. What in vanilla goes from green (available) to red (unavailable), now goes from dark brown (available) to semi-transparent (unavailable). The reason why I decided to change it was mainly to follow the cohesive style from our scrolled theme and benefit from the flowiness that provides to the pack.

I hope you understand my concept behind my texture, however if you still would like me to make the change feel free to tell me :)

Best regards,
    Val*
  11. Valsis

@Nefar1on here is the enchanting table with the small tweaks you suggested. I hope they please you.
    enchanting_table.png (open)

texture:
    enchanting_table.png
    Changelog: In the numbers on the bottom left corner, I changed the colors from dark/light brown to green and red, like Nerar1on suggested.
    Morgan likes this.
  12. Nefar1on

looks awesome
    Valsis likes this.
  13. Valsis

14. Valsis

A new GUI that I've been working on the past few days. I hope you guys like it as much as I do.
    Album (open)

I'm thinking about tweaking the buttons (widgets). They look quite round and that's not the effect I was looking for.
    PS: Enchantment Table 1.8 ready included.

Attached Files:

• gui.zip
      File size:
      5.1 MB
      Views:
    CRASH1997 likes this.
  15. Nefar1on

Not bad, but it seems to be a bit too bright for me
  16. Valsis

It's darker than the current scrolled theme *confused*
  17. SpAcE_mOnKeY126

SpAcE_mOnKeY126 Well-Known Member

If someone could someone make a glass screen door like this but not blurry and with a handle, I'd much appreciate it.
    [​IMG]
  18. Valsis

@SpAcE_mOnKeY126 here's what I have for some contemporary doors I did a while ago.
    doors (open)

door_iron.png door_iron_lower.png door_iron_upper.png
    door_iron_v2.png door_iron_lower_v2.png door_iron_upper_v2.png
    door_iron_v3.png door_iron_lower.png door_iron_upper.png
    I hope you like any of these :p
    CRASH1997 and Matrix like this.
  19. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

good job! But unfortunately, it's just not my cup of tea. I think it looks a bit (!) more girlish and otherwise, in my pack I use the R3D GUI, cause it is just perfect for my needs. It is just the default in a higher resolution, but I love it :D
  20. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

@Valsis - I really like that new GUI, probably as an alternate. It's looks a little metallic as well (like made out of metal): was that the intention?

As for the doors, I knew you had done the bottom door because I saw it a while back, but when did you do those top 2? They look really cool!
    Valsis likes this.
  21. Valsis

@DrumMaster4
    Thank you for the feedback!

The GUI is to resemble polished wood with a slight shadow effect on both left and right sides. This effect is to draw the eye of the person to it's center where the content is placed/managed. About the metallic look, I didn't intend on giving that effect haha! But, if you like it, it's good with me :p

As for the doors, yes the third one I posted it here somewhere but ended up removing it I believe. The other two, I made them shortly after the third one but I never posted them. They were all made out of existing textures, such as, black tinted glass + hopper frame + furnace bottom modified. :)
  22. sreher

sreher New Member

has anyone made an endermite texture as of now?
  23. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

Yes Valsis did and posted it in the Items thread whyever... ^^

[edited by Val*] thx Val ;)
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Valsis likes this.
  24. Valsis

Banners for everyone!

I did not test them since I can't run the game atm so, if everyone can, please do test them :)
    Screenshots by artdude543 (open)

Attached Files:

DeusExMachina, Devin and Matrix like this.
  25. RubikMan

RubikMan Well-Known Member

Hey @Valsis, the "banners" folder goes in the entity folder of the RP? Anyway, these are some awesome banners :)
  26. Valsis

All the textures besides the banner_base.png go into
    assets/ minecraft/ textures/ entity/ banner

Solely the banner_base.png goes in the
    assets/ minecraft/ textures/ entity
    RubikMan likes this.
  27. Valsis

Another Entity texture was released and it's the armorstand.
    wood.png (open)

wood.png
    alts (open)

wood_v2.png
    wood_v3.png
    Screenshot: Not Available
    Comment: I can't upload screenshots since I can't run the game in my machine at the moment.
    This texture goes in assets/ minecraft/ textures/ entity/ armorstand

I hope you guys like the textures as much as I do :)
    Ray Yates and Matrix like this.
  28. Nefar1on

Lovely textures, I prefer the First alt texture myself.

Screenshots for Val's Textures (open)

Version 1 (open)
    [​IMG]
    Version 2 (open)
    [​IMG]
    Version 3 (open)
    [​IMG]

Regarding the GUI for the Survival Inventory, could someone make it so the scroll goes down below the third row of the inventory? I like the theme and way its set out, but would just like it to go below the third row..
    Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    CRASH1997 and Valsis like this.
  29. Valsis

@kot5nik already made the following textures but I decided to give it a shot myself as well :p
    Show Spoiler

resource_packs.png - Resource Pack Selection
    server_selection.png - Server Selection
    spectator_widgets.png - Spectator Widgets
    stream_indicator.png - Stream Indicator
    widgets.png - Widgets
    All these go into assets/ minecraft/ textures/ gui.

All the arrow buttons were made with the widgets buttons and adapted to their functions to keep the buttons cohesive among the rest of the gui theme.

The Stream Indicator circles were made with the existent magma cream item and modified in order to look like a glassy button. the microphones were inspired by a few examples I found online but still made by me.
    Nefar1on likes this.
  30. Nefar1on

New banners in 14w32d:

diagonal_up_left.png
    diagonal_up_right.png
    gradient_up.png
    half_horizontal_bottom.png
    half_vertical_right.png
    square_top_right.png

EDIT: I have done the gradient_up.png
    Texture (open)
    gradient_up.png

Also, it appears that the Steve Skull has a broken texture.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014