Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

[2.8] Minecraft 1.8 & Snapshots Other Textures

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Sheynx, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Welcome to the topic where you can post all the textures that don't fit in the other 2 topics!

We decided to get ready for the new years with some needed changes. Since the old topic used to get pretty hectic, we decided to switch to a new thread system (separate threads for Blocks, Items, Other) to help with that.
    Also, we believe that following the following format when posting textures will help both texture makers, users and Texture Reviewers so do post your textures using the following form:

Vanilla texture name:
    Version:
    Texture:
    Screenshot(s):
    *File:

Click this to read explanations about the form (open)

• Vanilla texture name: (e.g.)flower_tulip_red.png
    • Version: If you make various versions of one texture make sure to identify them, for example as v1/ v2/ v3 etc. This makes it easier to address the textures and not confuse people.Trust me, it can be pretty awkward to try to refer to a specific version without the actual numbers.
    • Texture: wfjbowu.png (The texture you made. Make sure to save it as .png)
    • Screenshot: We'd love if they could be taken during daytime (unless it's one that needs a darker environment eg. Glowstone) and for items, we'd love if you could post them on the ground as well into your hotbar to make sure that there are no stray pixels etc) Picture_04.jpeg Picture_05.png
    • *File: .psd/.xtf (*Only if you want to provide it or are asked to provide it in that format!)

Please note that, submissions that don't follow this format wont be considered valid for review (From our Texture Reviewers). We'd prefer not to cloud the thread with unnecessary post asking for specific information that this form provides us with. Additionally, we'd love for everyone that wants to give their opinion, unless it's specific Feedback, to use the Like button instead. This will help your input to be recorded while the texture browsing is eased.

As a quick note, we accept texture submissions for both older versions of Minecraft as well 1.8 and further While we love seeing textures for things we already have, we'll appreciate if you focus on the newer textures first. :)
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

With the new 1.7 update, the Enchanting Table was changed and here are the minor tweaks I made in our existing Enchanting Table GUI.
    Enchanting Table (open)

Vanilla Texture name: enchanting_table.png
    Version: 1
    Texture:
    Show Spoiler
    Screenshot: Not Available yet.
  3. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

Looks great at all!
    Just two points I would change:
    The Lapis-slot should have less opacity or be outlined like in default...
    Also the "activated" green points look reeally green... But I dunno how it looks ingame, maybe it's fine :)
  4. Valsis

I appreciate the reply!

About the lapis slot, if I would make it more transparent it would get lost in the slot itself.
    About the orbs, the vanilla ones are way more vibrant and green than the ones I used. :p
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    DeusExMachina likes this.
  5. DeusExMachina

Hahaha secretly your just lazy :p
    But, yeah, I am going to test it ingame now and believe it will be great, good work :)
    --- Post Merged, Jan 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 15, 2014 ---
    Oh!
    It seems it doesn't quit here :p
    here is the screenshot:
    Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
    As you can see, the Lapis is flipped horizontaly! How did you make that :D?
    Secundary, if the green points were in a green like the "enchantment level font color"at the right, it would look much better in my opinion...
    Soartex doesn't need to be like default EVERY time...
    Sheynx likes this.
  6. Valsis

About the Lapis, I have no clue how that happened! I will have to check the file again to see if I missed something.

About the font, we might not have the same font in our packs reason why it shows up different for you. Post here the font file you have so I can give it a look! :)

About the pack not needing to be like default all the time, that's why I toned down the green in the orbs ;)
  7. DeusExMachina

My fonts are great :p
    I was trying to say that it would be nice to match the color of the font, that shows the level needed and the color of the orbs and their font ^^
    That is my fault I wrote non-sense english :D (I am German and still pupil)
  8. Valsis

For it to match the font I need to have your file cause without it I can't make it to match.

And I feel you're contradicting yourself a bit here. You said Fanver doesn't always need to be like default however, you're requesting me to make both orbs and font the same green color as the levels... this is exactly like default.o_O
  9. DeusExMachina

Ok I looked at vanilla and seen your right :(
    So in this case maybe like-default is what I wanted :D
    Maybe I'm still too stupid to express myself :D
    Another Explanation (open)

My point was to make the color orbs and the numbers on them like the color overlay at the font of the levels, but why are you needing my files? :( In the picture I wonderfuly tried it myself with the brush tool in a couple seconds :D
    [​IMG]

OFFTOPIC
    Have you seen my soulsand yet?

There is no hurry...
  10. Valsis

Here's the tweak I made and fixed the lapis.
    Show Spoiler

Off-topic subjects will be addressed in their own threads. ;)
  11. DeusExMachina

Oh!
    I wanted to make the font thing myself, but you've already adjusted the font! :D
    Looks perfect now!
    Also the Lapis is just great! Did you made it overlay? Having the same color as the background,was exactly what I meant :)

Good Work
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    Valsis likes this.
  12. Sheynx

@Valsis

I believe the lapis slot should be exactly that. Right now, it looks like we got a stone that imitates the current lapis (which looks bad). Instead of having that 3D-like stone there, how about you make something that the item should hit into? I donno how to explain it...hmmm....obviously, it shouldn't look quite like this but I figured an example would help: http://a.rgbimg.com/cache1nY1uD/users/t/ta/tacluda/300/mmA855M.jpg Or....maybe a box in a box? So we make it clear that something goes in there but there is no texture inside. I would prefer something similar to that actually.

As for the orbs....Yuck! Get creative and make it pretty cuz that orb doesn't quite fit there....Maybe put the number inside a thingy or something, instead? Also, the colors could be the same as the multi colored exp bars (as a side note, we can fancy some new exp orbs too).
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  13. Valsis

Woman, don't get me wrong but you're asking to much from someone that doesn't know how to texture and, the effect present in the link is called bevel/emboss.

The orbs are actually part of the particles we have in our own pack so, I presume you don't like those either? The multi-colored exp bar is made with overlays that I do not know how to work with.
  14. DeusExMachina

i think the color is 76b048...
    you can see this in the color.properties (textures\) text.xpbar
    I think this is the color ID, hope this helps :)

EDIT:
    multi-colored? mmh seems i misunderstood this...
    just ignore this post ^^
  15. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

In 14wo3a the skin texture was changed. Not a big change, just the arms and legs have a separate part of the texture for each one (left/right) and that means that your skin can have a different texture for both arms/legs.

steve.png v1 (open)

steve.png

Screenshot (open)

There is no need for a screenshot, because it is the same xD
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  16. Valsis

Latest tweaks on the enchanting_table.png file.
    Show Spoiler

Vanilla texture name: enchanting_table.png
    Version: final
    Texture:
    Show Spoiler
    Screenshot(s): http://i.imgur.com/WIlB8b6.png
    redflex1235 likes this.
  17. Yaspa

Yaspa Well-Known Member

no scroll version (open)
  18. kot5nik

kot5nik Member

endermite.png [IMG (open)

Screenshots (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    sreher, Thir13en, redflex1235 and 2 others like this.
  19. Sheynx

Marked as Candidate Textures:
    steve.png - redflex1235
    endermite.png -kot5nik

Good job!
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    kot5nik and redflex1235 like this.
  20. kot5nik

kot5nik Member

forcefield.png (open)

Folder:<Resource pack>/assets/minecraft/textures/misc/forcefield.png
    Texture:
    [​IMG]
    More smooth:

Texture:
    [​IMG]

Screenshots (open)

Screenshot(s):
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot(s)
    :
    [​IMG]
    Sheynx and Thir13en like this.
  21. Valsis

Really good job with the forcefield.

However, I would suggest to make it, instead of having blue-ish undertone, to make it white and with more transparency. At this point it's to flashy and making it less vibrant would most likely look better.

Best Regards,
    Val*
    kot5nik likes this.
  22. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

I second what Val said.

Also, in my opinion, the texture is fine, but when tiled a lot (like it is), it seems to run into the issue of hurting my eyes. I would suggest making wider spaces between the blue/white/whatever color texture.
    Yaspa and kot5nik like this.
  23. kot5nik

kot5nik Member

Folder:<Resource pack>/assets/minecraft/textures/gui/
    Textures:
    Show Spoiler
    Vanilla texture name:resource_packs.png
    [​IMG]
    Vanilla texture name:server_selection.png
    [​IMG]
    Vanilla texture name:spectator_widgets.png
    [​IMG]
    Vanilla texture name:stream_indicator.png
    [​IMG]
    redflex1235 and Yaspa like this.
  24. Valsis

Okay so, relatively to the arrows, I approve those since they follow the themed gui we have right now however, the barrier icon looks like an image taken online, and this is me being honest with you.

About the stream indicators, did you actually make those or did you get images online? I ask this because I've seen fairly similar ones and something we don't want is content made by other people being posted here.

Don't feel offended, I'm just asking because this happened quite a lost in the past.

Best regards,
    Val*
    Yaspa likes this.
  25. Matrix

Matrix Well-Known Member

forcefield.png (open)

Vanilla texture name:forcefield.png
    Texture:[​IMG]
    Versions: V1

Screenshots (open)

Preview
    [​IMG]

Expanding:
    [​IMG]

Contracting:
    [​IMG]

Edit: I'm new to this Soartex Fanver.. (Registered while ago.. so yea.. ;p)

Edit 2: (open)

Versions: V1.1 - less diagonal Lines..

They do look better.. but the problem.. (look in screenshot second one..)

screenshot2 (open)

(With even number coords...)
    [​IMG]
    The problem is...:

If worldborder blocks wide is odd number... these corner are.. messed up while others are fine...

This:
    [​IMG]

Edit 3: (open)

Versions: V1.1 (alternate) Thinner lines..
    Screenshots (open)
    Screenshots (open)

Preview:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry if I'm kinda.. spammy.. ;-;
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    Shoeboxam likes this.
  26. Valsis

Okay so, in my point of view I believe the color is way to flashy, way to vibrant.

At this point, if people stare at these patterns for to long they will get migraines, they can easily get the hypnosis effect, epileptic people will get affected by and I'm certain of that.

To avoid these problems, the color intensity (vibration/saturation) needs to be significantly toned down and the pattern needs to be faded (not blurry). A good example, if you have seen the movie The Hunger Games, the arena has a forcefield and it's almost unnoticeable. You can adapt the style, as in, how faded the texture is, to correct it in your texture. (;

Best Regards,
    Val*
  27. Matrix

Matrix Well-Known Member

Okay.. let's try again.. with this.

-Obviously Texture is red.. but in game.. it's grey/transparent.. - still able to see green when expanding and red when contracting.. (See previews.. :) - )

forcefield.png (open)

Versions: V2 - More transparency - Less noticeable

Preview (open)

Click to enlarge image...
    Normal:
    [​IMG]

Expanding:
    [​IMG]

Contracting:
    [​IMG]

Enjoy..
    -Matrix
    redflex1235 and Valsis like this.
  28. Valsis

Now we're talking!

I would approve them right here, right now. They are subtle but still visible. I'm glad you were able to interpretate exactly what I had in mind. Since I'm epileptic I know I wont have a seizure looking at these textures now.

Fantastic job!

Best Regards,
    Val*
    redflex1235 and Matrix like this.
  29. Matrix

Matrix Well-Known Member

Thanks for feedback Val ^_^!

Decided to do barrier though cause other one that looks like it's off the internet or something.. (maybe I'm wrong..)

Anywho, here's barrier~
    Barrier.png (open)

Vanilla texture name: Barrier
    Folder:<Resource pack>/assets/minecraft/textures/items/barrier.png
    Versions: V1 - Beginning...

Preview (open)

[​IMG]

Is there any missing texture in pack?

Edit: Will fix this and upload after school, thanks for feedback Val ^^.

-Matrix
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  30. Valsis

@Matrix The barrier still needs work. One thing I noticed is that the light is hitting the object in the wrong way.

Fanver has the light coming from the right side, making the shadow happen on the left side and, if you inspect your barrier you can see that both light/shadow are happening in the opposite way of what I said. Also, work a bit more on the shadow areas because, from what it seems now, is that there's online light added and no shadow, even thought I can see there's shadow. It just needs a bit more of work :)

Also, try to tone down slightly the saturation of the red, not much though, just a tini tiny little bit and try to give a bit more dimension to the inclined part of the texture on the inside

About missing textures, as far as I'm aware there's the new stones missing, as in, diorite, andesite, granite and their smooth versions.

Best Regards,
    Val*
    Matrix likes this.