Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

[2.8] Minecraft 1.8 & Snapshots Items

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Sheynx, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Welcome to the topic where you can post all Item-related Textures!

We decided to get ready for the new years with some needed changes. Since the old topic used to get pretty hectic, we decided to switch to a new thread system (separate threads for Blocks, Items, Other) to help with that.
    Also, we believe that following the following format when posting textures will help both texture makers, users and Texture Reviewers so do post your textures using the following form:

Vanilla texture name:
    Version:
    Texture:
    Screenshot(s):
    *File:​

Click this to read explanations about the form (open)

• Vanilla texture name: (e.g.)flower_tulip_red.png
    • Version: If you make various versions of one texture make sure to identify them, for example as v1/ v2/ v3 etc. This makes it easier to address the textures and not confuse people.Trust me, it can be pretty awkward to try to refer to a specific version without the actual numbers.
    • Texture: wfjbowu.png (The texture you made. Make sure you save it as .png)
    • Screenshot: We'd love if they could be taken during daytime (unless it's one that needs a darker environment eg. Glowstone) and for items, we'd love if you could post them on the ground as well into your hotbar to make sure that there are no stray pixels etc) Picture_04.jpeg Picture_05.png
    • File: .psd/.xtf (Only if you want to provide it or are asked to provide it in that format!)

Please note that, submissions that don't follow this format wont be considered valid for review (From our Texture Reviewers). We'd prefer not to cloud the thread with unnecessary post asking for specific information that this form provides us with. Additionally, we'd love for everyone that wants to give their opinion, unless it's specific Feedback, to use the Like button instead. This will help your input to be recorded while the texture browsing is eased.

As a quick note, we accept texture submissions for both older versions of Minecraft as well 1.8 and further While we love seeing textures for things we already have, we'll appreciate if you focus on the newer textures first. :)
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

None of her textures are going to be used on any pack nor customizer by common wishes of the creator and the administration. Any discussion around her is considered closed as she has enough on her plate to deal right now. We'd love to have her back but not I'm sure how possible that is. We can only wait and see!

With this, those who have her textures are not allowed to share or post her textures in this forum or anywhere else Fanver related since that goes against her and the administration wishes.

PS: posts that do not follow the Form presented in the main post -will not- be considered valid for review, meaning we will not consider them fit for the pack.
  3. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

:/
    To be honest I've completely forgotten about that thing...
    I just scrolled through the thread and picked some fishes I liked and edited the one I didn't like and hoped to get sind general help for texture making
  4. Valsis

Just make sure you don't forget to follow that form from now on ;)

One more thing, never claim ownership of textures that were previously made by others. Why do I say this? Because two comments above you said the following part that I'm going to quote:
    Yes I am very picky about this subject but I want people, in general, to understand the difference between creating textures from scratch versus tweaks on other people's textures, which was what you did :)

Just make sure to credit the person who made the texture you tweaked, something of the sort " Hey I picked this person's texture and I gave a few touches here and there (bla bla)" :p Like this, you're not also giving credit to the original creator of the texture by mentioning his/her name but also to make notice that you changed something ;)

Now... about your tweaks! I actually like the slight rounder face however the mouth of the fish seems like the fish is happy haha! Was that what you were looking for? Also, make sure that you don't have such noticeable lines (the mouth) Instead of a slight black line, try to pick a color from the fish and then choose a darker color for that pallet and use it to make the mouth. Like that you'll see that the mouth will blend it in a better way. Always try to make it smooth and clean ;)
    DeusExMachina likes this.
  5. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

The selfmade/tweaked thing is checked ;) I will try myself on the fish, when I am back home at my Computer :), I'll have to start blank then... I have no idea how to start with a texture, more specifically I don't know how to give it a form, but I'll see...

I removed my post with Mocha4u's texture tweak's...
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  6. kot5nik

kot5nik Member

• Vanilla texture name: barrier.png
    • Texture:[​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  7. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Not bad, not bad...But I think the shading should be more subtle, with the actual pixels showing though to fit better in the pack. Looking so gradient-ish, the color and light come off as too strong. Some small tweaks should be enough. :)
  8. Matrix

Matrix Well-Known Member

Merged from wrong thread. Sorry!

Here's the.. Barrier

Barrier.png (open)

Vanilla texture name: Barrier
    Folder:<Resource pack>/assets/minecraft/textures/items/barrier.png
    Texture:[​IMG]
    Versions: V1.1 - Shading fix.
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Edit: Will fix dark spot, school first. Thanks for feedback Val,
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    DeusExMachina likes this.
  9. Valsis

Compared to the previous one that you made, this one is significantly better.

I just would tone down the darkest areas, as in, instead of using a black tone to make the shadow area, color pick the red you used for the main red color and then use a dark red instead. That way will make the gradient from light to dark softer. :)

Best regards,
    Val*
    Matrix likes this.
  10. Valsis

New prismarine shard and crystals!
    prismarine_shard.png (open)

texture:
    prismarine_shard.png
    screenshot: http://puu.sh/9CLMl/30f5ba00e8.jpg
    prismarine_crystals.png (open)

texture:
    prismarine_crystals.png
    screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/rSnmBP7.png
  11. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

Snapshot 14w27a Added:
    New Stuffs (open)

[​IMG]
    Ignore the incorrect spelling, lol
    Valsis likes this.
  12. Valsis

Since Mojang decided to change the Endermite texture, here is my fix to it:
    endermite.png (open)

texture:
    endermite.png
    screenshot:
    http://puu.sh/9VEqF/699d0712c4.png
    comment: now they have a tini tiny tail to distinguish them from the silverfish
    Here is my tweak on the Silverfish texture:
    silverfish.png (open)

texture:
    silverfish.png
    screenshot:
    http://puu.sh/9VF0F/59dcf1c8f9.png
    comment: tried to give it a more unique texture.
    DeusExMachina and artdude543 like this.
  13. Valsis

Okay! So, explosion of items for the new snapshot... Brace yourselves!
    Get all the items! (open)

textures (open)

mutton_raw.png - mutton_raw.png
    mutton_cooked.png - mutton_cooked.png
    rabbit_raw.png - rabbit_raw.png
    rabbit_cooked.png - rabbit cooked.png
    rabbit_foot.png - rabbit_foot.png
    rabbit_hide.png - rabbit_hide.png
    rabbit_stew.png - rabbit_stew.png
    screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
    I hope it pleases everyone :)
  14. Valsis

Made a new texture since I wasn't very fond of the first one I made

texture:
    prismarine_crystals.png
    screenshot:
    http://puu.sh/9ZGor/339f14239a.png
    Comment: I find these ones better than the first ones I uploaded here, not only in shape but texture as well. They have a more crystal feel with some luminous parts that the previous one didn't have, almost if there was light going through the object itself giving the illusion of transparency.
    Ray Yates, DeusExMachina and Thir13en like this.
  15. Nefar1on

Nefar1on Well-Known Member

Just to let people know, we are missing a texture for minecart_command_block.png
  16. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

Okay first attempt at 3D stuff but here is my go at the "minecraft_command_block.png"

Texture (open)

minecart_command_block.png
    Screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
    DeusExMachina, DrumMaster4 and Valsis like this.
  17. Nefar1on

Textures that need to be done:

wooden_armorstand.png
    banner_overlay.png
    banner_base.png
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  18. Nefar1on

My take on the Empty Armor Slots
    Screenshots (open)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My take on the Barrier (still not complete, has some invisible edges i'm fixing when i have time)
    Texture (open)
    barrier.png
    Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Valsis likes this.
  19. Valsis

@Nefar1on not bad at all!

The inventory slot pleases me a lot :) Now it's time to work those final details on the barrier ;) good job!
    Nefar1on likes this.
  20. Nefar1on

Texture Name: barrier.png
    Version: 1.1
    Texture: barrier.png
    Screenshots (open)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Comment: Fixed all the invisible edges.
    DeusExMachina and Valsis like this.
  21. Valsis

Doors for everyone!
    Get all the doors! (open)

door_birch.png - door birch
    door_spruce.png - door spruce
    door_jungle.png - door jungle
    door acacia.png - door acacia
    door_dark_oak.png - door dark oak
    alts (open)

door_birch.png - door birch
    door_acacia.png - door acacia
    door_dark_oak.png - door dark oak
    All these items go into
    assets/ minecraft/ textures/ items

The corresponding blocks can be found here.
  22. 5t3r30typ3

5t3r30typ3 New Member

Sorry for a late reply! I like all of those following textures but 1 Valsis, which is the rabbit hide. The rabbit hide seems as a counter-part of leather, and the leather texture in the pack seems different compared to the rabbit hide. The leather hide reminds me of the pack Defscape, with the outlines, and seems less realistic compared to the other textures, but still realistic. Other then that I love the work that you put into it :)
  23. Valsis

Tweaks on the item doors. These go into assets/minecraft/textures/items

tweaked doors (open)

door_spruce_2.png
    door_jungle.png
    door_acacia.png
    door_dark_oak.png
    alts (open)

door_acacia2.png
    The corresponding blocks can be found here.
    Matrix likes this.
  24. Valsis

Another two textures for Prismarine Crystals. I absolutely love the second one and I'm seriously considering it for main texture for the pack.

texture 1:
    prismarine_crystals.png
    Screenshot: here
    texture 2:
    prismarine crystals_2.png
    Screenshot:here

Comment: Even thought these crystals are made from our well known ores, getting them all together in a cluster, with the right colors and right tweaks, I think we can have some very nice textures for the prismarine crystals. I would like to have you guys opinions on which texture you prefer as -main- for the 1.8 release. Take in consideration that this one posted today, has pretty much the raw state of crystals with irregular shapes and colors, which is what we're supposed to have. ;)
    redflex1235 and Nefar1on like this.
  25. Nefar1on

I prefer Texture 1 myself
  26. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

A suggestion:
    If you made the 2nd texture a bit more blueish (to be more like the prismarine), the 1st one could make a really good emerald item alt :)

I would make the changes myself, but currently i don't have much time...
  27. Valsis

Good point!
    I made the small change you recommended and now you can see more of a contrast between both blue and green colors that resemble the prismarine blocks as well.

texture:
    prismarine_crystals_2.1.png
    Version: prismarine_crystals_2.1.png
    Screenshot: here (by Nefar1on)
    Changelog: Made the blue areas more noticeable without compromising the green spotted areas.
    Comment: It might still look slightly green however, if you zoom it, you can clearly see that the predominant color is light blue and cyan. The reason why the green color seems to be more present it's because it was placed in the darkest areas of each crystal.
    In addition, here's a new prismarine shard. Much better than the previous one.
    prismarine_shard.png (open)

Texture:
    prismarine_shard.png
    Comment: New improved shape with awesome highlights that almost make the shard look semi-transparent.
    Nefar1on and redflex1235 like this.
  28. Valsis

Due to a careful investigation on some items, I came across that all our emerald items were taken from a few websites and the people who submitted them claimed them as their own.

With this, I made an emerald item from complete scratch, and I give permission for people to tweak it if they so desire and upload here the improvements, however, bare in mind that, none of the textures I submit in this forum don't have my permission to be hosted/shared anywhere else. They are solely to be used in Soartex Fanver.
    emerald.png (open)

texture:
    emerald.png
    Comment: Due to our previous emerald items being part of several websites as icons, we had to remove them from the pack and come up with a new texture.
  29. Nefar1on

Screenshots for Val's textures:

Prismarine Crystals and Prismarine Shard
    Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]

Emerald:
    Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]
    Valsis likes this.
  30. Valsis

Don't hate me. Another layout for the prismarine crystals and a new emerald texture.

texture 1:
    prismarine crystals_3.png
    texture 2: (More blue)
    prismarine crystals_4.png
    Screenshot: Not available.
    Comment: Different layout for the crystals in order to make it even more unique.
    emerald.png (open)

texture:
    emerald.png
    Screenshot: Not available. If someone can test it I would be extremely appreciated.
    Comment: Since the Staff wasn't a fan of the one I previously made, I decided to give another try and make another texture from scratch again, simply using the basic emerald shape with the Bevel/Emboss Blending Options and then playing with light and shading.

Keep in mind that, the reason that is making me do a complete texture for the emerald, from scratch, is for the fact that all the emerald items we had so far were collected from websites and not made by those who submitted them, who claimed them as their own work. We do not tolerate plagiarism nor false claims of ownership over work not made by the submitter.