Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

[2.8] Minecraft 1.8 & Snapshots Blocks

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Sheynx, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

New Jungle door since I wasn't a fan of the layout Mojang came up with. Shoe encouraged me to do something different and he would implement custom models for the doors and, I came up with this!
    door_jungle_upper.png/door_jungle_lower.png (open)

textures:
    door_jungle_upper.png
    door_jungle_lower.png
    screenshot: here (by @artdude543 )
    Comment: Different design for the door making it more jungle-ish like if it was made out of a thin layer of wood and then dry sugar canes as panels to make the door. Also, this door will have different thickness in game. It will be half the regular thickness size making it amazing for wall decoration as well!
  2. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

Hello folks, I haven't been posting here on the forums very much, but I have been contributing to Fanver behind the scenes. I've written extensive block model support that implements most of the CTM in vanilla, separated and exposed new files for blocks with derivative textures (walls, lever, buttons, fences, etc.), and have altered 2D item sprites of 3D blocks to render in 3D (IE, door icons, hopper and cauldron icons, etc.).

CTM for 1.8 has all been converted to use block references or tile IDs instead of block IDs, so it is forward compatible to 1.8.

I've also written models for some of Val's textures, IE jungle and birch doors:
    http://i.imgur.com/1KKgEJz.png

The staff (Valsis, Goldbattle, Kieron, Drum and me) have a well tuned development pack on github with all forum, staff and "Shoe" contributions compiled. The lionshare of my work has been on my own branch of Soartex, but I still love the community here and I really appreciate those of you who contribute here on the forums, so I wanted to give a hand. I want to give thanks to Valsis for curating and making the design decisions for this Fanver update, and for her heavy contributions. Most of all, thank you all for your contributions, and great work! Many awesome textures here, too cool. :D

I hope the feedback, chat and guidance given here has been a great learning tool for those interested in learning graphic design. Credits for accepted contributions are included in the pack. Here's to the next update! 1.9 here we come! This thread will be locked when 1.9 information starts floating around and we'll carry on in Snapshot/Soartex 2.9 threads.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  3. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

So... I have recently started playing Block Party on The Hive and I sometimes get confused which "brown" is black, and which one is gray... So I decided to colorize them up a bit :)
    I present to you... Colorful Clays (some of them :p)

The Clays :D (open)

hardened_clay_white
    hardened_clay_stained_white.png
    hardened_clay_silver
    hardened_clay_stained_silver.png
    hardened_clay_gray
    hardened_clay_stained_gray.png
    hardened_clay_black
    hardened_clay_stained_black.png
    hardened_clay_light_blue
    hardened_clay_stained_light_blue.png
    hardened_clay_cyan
    hardened_clay_stained_cyan.png
    hardened_clay_blue
    hardened_clay_stained_blue.png

Screenshot (open)

2014-09-19_00.32.30.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  4. EfrenKerli

EfrenKerli New Member

Very informative post..Hello I am looking to make plank texture first..Can you guide me out? I hope you will reply soon..
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  5. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

Hi, @EfrenKerli!

You brought back an old post of mine. Regardless, I will be happy to help you. Apologies for the 2 day delay from when you posted this to when I saw this: I'm very busy with a few other things right now so I'm not on the forums as much as I would like to be.
    With that being said, right now I am responding to you via mobile web browser, where I don't have any of my Soartex stuff to pull from. When I get to my computer (sometime in the next 24 hours), I'll be sure to PM you with any useful info I have that can help.

Sorry about the previous / coming delay, but I'll help you asap :D

- Drum
  6. Valsis

My oh my!

After four hours of work on a new glowstone, this is what I ended up getting.
    glowstone (open)

texture:
    glowstone.png
    Screenshot:here & here
    Comment: A more vanilla representation of the actual glowstone block. For reference, I've been drooling over redcraft's glowstone and I decided to follow the speedart video, frame by frame, to get a similar result but Fanver fit.
    I hope you guys like the texture, as much as I do!
  7. fifty_seven

fifty_seven Member

Sorry valsis, but i dont like this default looking glowstone.
  8. RubikMan

RubikMan Well-Known Member

Sorry if I sound a bit silly, but is there any 1.9 Textures Thread or it will be when the 1.9 Snapshots come out? I have not visited the forums in a long time and I don't know where to start from. If somebody could help me it would be very appreciated.
  9. CRASH1997

CRASH1997 Well-Known Member

RubikMan, when 1.9 snapshot will come out.
    And that's logic, because without snapshot Soartex Team won't have any 1.9 textures.
    Valsis likes this.
  10. Valsis

Hello RubikMan and welcome back,

Like @CRASH1997 said, we will only be able to work on textures for 1.9 once the new version comes out at Minecon. Till then we can only think of ideas for the blocks announced so far and maybe start sketching something.

I personally will wait for the update to come out because I want to be able to see how the vanilla textures are in game first and then work on textures for the pack.

Best regards,
    malvin37 and CRASH1997 like this.