Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Archived [2.7] Minecraft 1.7 & Snapshots

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Shoeboxam, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Distant Eclipse

Distant Eclipse New Member

You want them darker? Anything I can do about transparency as well or is that okay?

EDIT: You know what, if you like the first picture I posted, it probably has more to do with the transparency. The last few I posted has transparency at 45% whereas the first had it at 40% (and I guess the streaks added some distortion as well).
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

I believe there's no need to go darker but go less vibrant, less saturated... but just a tini tiny little bit.

It's hard to give feedback at 2:17am :'(

By the way, a small tip! Start using spoilers while including screenshots. You can do it following the format below! :D
    How to Spoil with Spoilers! (open)

Code:
    [spoiler] content goes here [/spoiler]

[spoiler=title] content goes here [/spoiler]
    For example
    examples (open)

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    or
    A gif is coming! (open)
    [​IMG]
  3. Distant Eclipse

Distant Eclipse New Member

Okay, sorry about those massive pictures. I'll edit my posts. And I see what you're saying. I'll get right on those. :)
    Found the problem with the lime pane by the way. I assigned the data value to cyan instead of lime when I was in the CTM folder.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 26, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2013 ---
    I have two examples to show you. The first picture is the saturation I've been using to post those recent screen shots, and the second picture is the lower saturation. I reduced it by 5%. I didn't connect the textures on this one, because I want to make sure the saturation is good before I edit the CTM photos.

First pic. (45% saturation)
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Second pic. 40% saturation.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

I accidentally deleted the template. -_- FML

Yeah, the ETA on this connected glass is probably going to be two days. I'm going to have to figure out how to make the glass panes one solid piece as well.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    Valsis likes this.
  4. 5t3r30typ3TheGamer

5t3r30typ3TheGamer New Member

Is it possible to re-make or re-draw the old soartex hotbar texture? Sorry if this is bothering anyone but it is messing with my ocd that the texture for it currently does not match the inventory/container textures. Again, sorry if this bothers anyone
  5. Valsis

Can you provide us the files you might have so we know what set you're talking about?
  6. Enderela

Enderela Well-Known Member

Yesterday me and some friends tried out the new CIT textures. We found it kind of sad you only get this awesome diamond sword if you have bane of arthropods so I went in to the CIT map and looked for the .properties file. When I found it I set the enchantment to 16 instead of 18 (16 = sharpness). Just now I made a hotdog. The texture sucks, because I am a noob in texturing, but maybe the idea is good. I also made a diamond battle axe by simply editing the color of the golden one. But now, here is my question:
    Is it possible to make a crossbow? The only thing that stopped me from making a .properties file and testing it with other texture was that the bow has like 4 or 5 textures. Is it possible for me, or any one here, to edit all those textures to make a CIT crossbow. It would be awesome since my whole server plays in a medieval kind of style.

Attached Files:

7. 5t3r30typ3TheGamer

5t3r30typ3TheGamer New Member

I don't have a saved file of the one I am talking about, but this is the current hotbar texture it is at the bottom picture (It is the first bar on the image and saved in widgets.png ) And in the first picture (Village trading GUI) it doesn't match the slots. To clarify I am saying that the current hotbar is sort of like it has no lines separating the items/blocks and the other GUI's have borders between them. villager.png widgets.png
  8. Valsis

That's because you probably picked the widget that was made like that and you didn't notice or the pack you downloaded has that widgets.png as primary.

Also we tried to go with another approach with the widgets.png a while back while making the scroll version for GUIs in general and, with that, we thought that a more minimalist style would fit better.

For you to see the options we have available for download go to our Customizer by -> click here <- and take a look at the tab GUI and then scroll all the way down so you can check the options we currently have. If those don't fit your liking feel free to PM me because I think I made a widget.png with that same layout but ended up being forgotten haha. ;)
  9. CuetYCowie!

CuetYCowie! New Member

What do you think?

(Based on the actual widgets)

widgets.png
    DeusExMachina and redflex1235 like this.
  10. DanyCS

DanyCS New Member

In the customizer 1.7 we will be able to choose art like in 1.4.7?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  11. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

As of right now, no, I don't think so. We do not have much extra art for the pack, so I don't think the art is customizable yet.
  12. Skull

Skull New Member

The Winter version of Soartex is not working for me, i can't see it in my resource packs list ! plz help
    :confused:
  13. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Hello,

It seems that our handy technician fixed it. Please re-check.
    Skull likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.