Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Archived [2.7] Minecraft 1.7 & Snapshots

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Shoeboxam, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

v1 and v2 look to similar to dirt :/
    and v3 is similar to the current one, but a bit better... :)
    But I'm still not happy with them, some faces in it like in the default would give the soul sand more soul :D
    The texture is not my cup of tea, cause it is so blurry, faces would give it more structure :)
  2. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

It would look good if we had soul sand that almost looks like it has faces in it, like the vanilla texture. Something with a bit of 'creepy' factor that would be good for the Nether. It would be a challenge to pull that off though.
    RagedSerpent likes this.
  3. Ray Yates

Ray Yates Well-Known Member

I know you already have one, but I tried my hands at the syringa texture.
    double_plant_syringa2.png double_plant_syringa_top.png double_plant_syringa_bottom.png
    Show Spoiler

syringa_screenshot2.jpg
  4. MC9272

MC9272 Member

Show Spoiler
    --- Post Merged, Dec 21, 2013 ---
    Show Spoiler

Did u make that? Or did u get it off Google?
  5. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

@Ray Yates, we don't have a syringa texture, our best candidate isn't complete yet.

Your texture was obviously scaled down from a photo. While I recommend using a photo as inspiration for a texture, using the photo itself is a bad idea. Soartex has a certain style of lighting, colour, texture, contrast etc. That photo-realistic textures don't match. It's much harder to make a texture from scratch, but if done well the quality really pays off.
  6. RagedSerpent

RagedSerpent Well-Known Member

Show Spoiler

What size is that texture? Cuz Im pretty sure that is not 64x64
  7. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

I totally see where you're coming from and I would love to make that happen! However I have no clue how CTM works haha
    RagedSerpent and Sheynx like this.
  8. Ray Yates

Ray Yates Well-Known Member

The two textures are 64 x 64. I only provided the two block high texture to show what the entire plant looks like.

As for it being a photograph, The leaves are from a high resolution scan of a painting of a ficus I did some years ago, digitally manipulated. the flowers however are taken from photographs. The entire graphic had nearly 30 layers and so is not a photograph of a plant, but does as I said, contain photographic elements.

I understand however, it may not be a style suitable for Soartex. It also has too much contrast and looks artificially bright.
  9. Lindaqwertz

Lindaqwertz New Member

I love Version 3 of soul sand.
    RagedSerpent and Valsis like this.
  10. Distant Eclipse

Distant Eclipse New Member

Was working on glass. Connected textures.
    Comparison (pics in spoiler)
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  11. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

@ Everyone regarding glass:

To be fair, I never liked the *dirt stains* on the glass. I think we should follow the original glass with the white-ish lines on the sides and such instead. Seems a lot cleaner and smoother to me and goes well with the normal glass. They simply look like we forgot to clean them and the view-though isn't all that nice either.
  12. Distant Eclipse

Never mind
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  13. RagedSerpent

14. Sheynx

Hello Soartex Monkeys!

Take a seat people, we made it! The release for 1.7 is finally out We've all been hard at work and, as cheesy as it sounds, you made it happen as it couldn't have been possible otherwise! Thank you all for submitting textures as well as providing insight. :) I hope we'll do just as good when MC updates again.

If you still have any textures to post still, feel free to do so, we'll love to see it!

As a sneak peak into what we'll be doing, there's plenty of stuff going as Alternate (Alt) textures up in the customizer so keep an eye out for those. ;)

PS: A bird told me that there's a surprise in the Downloads page for winter...I wonder what could that be....Let us know if you you found out!

That’s a wrap for 1.7 people! :)
    losgo7226 likes this.
  15. Distant Eclipse

Some glass. (pics in spoiler)
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. Sheynx

I think we should direct the glass back to a more pastel theme as they seem to fit the pack better. Check the previously made glasses for inspiration.
  17. Distant Eclipse

I'm not sure what y'all were looking for. Oh well I guess.
  18. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

They can work as alternate textures, Distant, don't get down!

But I do agree with Sheynx. Try a bit more of a pastel coloring and see how they look ;)
    Sheynx likes this.
  19. Unzanfa

Unzanfa New Member

@Distant Eclipse Amazing work right there, they look fantastic! Could you please provide the files you used for these screenshots?
  20. Valsis

@Distant Eclipse I do encourage everyone to be their best in their textures and I would be up to set your glass textures as possible alts however something that I noticed is that they are similar to a glass pack Redflex1235 posted a while back (one with no dirty glass haha) along with one I posted as well (with dirty glass)... However I do like them because they seem to be more opaque. ;)

What Sheynx and DrumMaster mean with a more pastel color is basically to tone down a bit the saturation/vibrance itself of the glass so it doesn't stay as vivid as it is right now. :)

Keep going with the good job!
    redflex1235 likes this.
  21. Distant Eclipse

I see what you all mean. I'll work on that.
  22. Distant Eclipse

Never mind. Looks like it was fixed.
  23. Distant Eclipse

Thanks. I'm going to have to redo it to fit the theme. I'll have to darken some of the colours to look less vibrant. It's probably going to take a while though. I did the previous ones in one setting, but I don't think I can do that again. Lol. It'll be done probably Friday.
  24. Valsis

No need to rush :) Take your time!
  25. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Active Member

at this point, please move the problem conversation in the bugfix thread... :)
    This thread is used for textures of 1.7
    Valsis and Sheynx like this.
  26. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

@Enderela, I've moved your conversation to the Bug Reports thread.
  27. RagedSerpent

When will the 1.7 customizer come out?
  28. Valsis

It's out since the 24th.

You can find it -> here <- by clicking the -> Download for 1.7 <- .

The customizer is not ready yet for 1.7 which means we need a few more days to set it up but the main pack is already ready for download.
  29. Distant Eclipse

Is this what you guys were talking about or is it still too bright? I darkened the color by 20%. I mean I could make it darker, but this is a bright texture pack. I don't mind dropping it another 20%. Anyway, I have to fix the lime glass pane. It's coming out blue and I have no idea why.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Now here's a picture of the brightest colours to give you guys an idea of how saturated it is.

[​IMG]
  30. Valsis

What program are you using?
    If you're using Photoshop try to play around with the following system:
    Photoshop Tweaks (open)

[​IMG]

So far I like the first screenshot you showed here but yeah, the lime green has to be tweaked :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.