Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Archived [2.7] Minecraft 1.7 & Snapshots

Discussion in 'Vanilla Textures' started by Shoeboxam, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RagedSerpent

RagedSerpent Well-Known Member

I improved redflex's syringa texture and added a bit more contrast and made it darker. Check it out.

Attached Files:

2. redflex1235

redflex1235 Well-Known Member

I gave up on this texture because it looks too cartoonish for the pack.
    I made it a while ago, and i have improved so i might try making something...
    I appreciate your effort but that texture will never (maybe a little harsh, but it's my texture and i don't really like it...) be in Soartex because of it's cartoonyness.
  3. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Here are the following flowers made by @Klaujesi

Tulips (open)

flower_tulip_white.png flower_tulip_red.png flower_tulip_pink.png flower_tulip_orange.png

Sunflower (open)

double_plant_sunflower_back.png double_plant_sunflower_top.png double_plant_sunflower_bottom.png double_plant_sunflower_front.png
    Ray Yates and DeusExMachina like this.
  4. MC9272

MC9272 Member

@Valsis What font did you use for your banner? The part the says Soartex Fanver?
  5. Valsis

6. RagedSerpent

I don't know if the puffs on the syringa is supposed to be brighter, idk, but feel free to make it look better. I just want this pack to be released :p
  7. MC9272

MC9272 Member

For the 2-block high Peony is there a way that someone can make it so it's more like default cause the way i see it, it isn't really close to default. And i hope when the Lilac is finished, it is close to the default texture but with the smoothness and the cleanness the pack goes as. :)
  8. Valsis

We will work on it in due time. Right now it's our priority to finish the pack as soon as possible. ;)

The paeonia is also not 100% looking like default because we also have the goal to keep the pack cohesive.
    MC9272 likes this.
  9. RagedSerpent

I already posted a Lilac texture. I just feel like the puffs need work, like the pink color on the bottom doesnt match the pink color on the top, ok now I feel like my posts are being ignored :/
  10. MC9272

MC9272 Member

I know you posted a Lilac but know one approved it, so that isn't really finished yet. And that's @redflex1235's texture and he said it was too cartoony. So when the Lilac is approved by someone, i would like to see it with the smoothness and cleanness the pack goes as.
  11. Valsis

The texture is being done from scratch. Redflex's texture is not being tweaked or improved.

Every time he posted an improvement it was still way to cartoony to be considered pack-fitting. With this we're working on getting a new one from scratch ;)
    MC9272 likes this.
  12. MC9272

MC9272 Member

That is kinda what i meant, but with more words! Lol ;)
    --- Post Merged, Dec 15, 2013 ---
    I was editing the redstone texture cause i thought it was rough and made it smoother and came up with this. There is some texture, and it wasn't just a gradient. And i kept the shape of the original texture.

Attached Files:

DeusExMachina and Sheynx like this.
  13. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Hello,

We are doing our best to update the pack but we do need textures so instead of poking us, please help us out! Even if you can't do them, maybe your friend can.

As far as I'm aware, you can play Minecraft with this pack even in 1.7 and you will only miss the 1.7 textures, the rest working perfectly fine.

Also, this thread is solely for textures and opinions and reviews on them. Please don't post anything unrelated to that anymore. It simply makes everything get lost and everyone's work harder which we'll make us, the Administrators a bit warm-happy.

We are looking forward to 1.7 and I'm sure we won't disappoint. :) Thank you for your support and help everyone! We're almost there! :cool:
  14. BilboBaggin

BilboBaggin New Member

Dear Sheynx,

I am only 11 years of age and try to help as much as possible. I thought that maybe I could make up what I did wrong but obviously I did not help. I also got an e-mail regarding a conversation. I am extremely sorry if you do not want any help of me than please tell me.

Sorry,

Bilbobaggin
  15. Valsis

Hello Bilbo!

I was the one who requested Sheynx to delete your personal pack from your post for the simple reason that your pack contains textures from other resource packs. By posting your personal pack here you are basically making a public distribution of other author's pack.

This is something that we do not support however, you are more than welcome to contribute with your own creativity and make your own textures to help us :D

We always want help from our fans, the more the better! Feel free to help us any time but remember, with textures you made yourself :D
  16. BilboBaggin

BilboBaggin New Member

You may edit or use any other textures If you kept them after all I tried to make up from when I made everyone get angry from when I said this in the previous forums:

Guys, We really should get the pack finished soon minecraft snapshots for 1.8 are getting released!!

I am very sorry.....

Bilbo
  17. Valsis

My small tweaks no Shoe's Big Oak log and tweaked planks. They are slightly lighter so we can see the texture a bit better.

Credits go entirely to Shoe :)
    log_big_oak.png planks_big_oak.png log_big_oak_top.png
  18. RagedSerpent

I made a syringa texture myself, since no one did it yet, here you go *sigh* I tried making it look perfect :/ but it's just too hard.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 17, 2013 ---
    I tried making it off of a real life picture...

Attached Files:

19. MC9272

MC9272 Member

For the Lilac, I'm thinking that either @Shoe or @Klaujesi will make it, since they seem like the best texturers. :)
    Klaujesi likes this.
  20. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

But that doesn't mean other textures don't get accepted. There are plenty of textures going into updates that aren't just from Shoe or Klau.

@RagedSerpent - The bulbs are too neon and the stems are too bright. There is almost no texture, and it seems very flat to me.
  21. Valsis

Well here it is, the so long waited double plant Syringa, more commonly known as Lilac.

I made this using Defscape's Syringa texture -as placeholder-. For those who don't know what a placeholder is I'll explain below:
    Placeholder Definition (open)

Alternatively referred to as dummy image or text, a placeholder (image or text) is template that reserves a specific place on a web page or other document for images, text, or other platforms. When being replaced, the placeholder template is removed and the actual text, image or other object is put in its place. Placeholder (image or text) is often used in document templates, such as a website template where you would replace the placeholder text and images with your actual website content. By using placeholder (image or text) the designer of the web page can get an idea of how to layout a page and get a good idea on how it may appear when real image and text is placed into the placeholders.

In Sum...

A placeholder is an template you can use as a -base- so you can work on your own product. After your product being done, the template should be removed
    Here are my textures!
    Syringa double plant & Screenshot (open)

double_plant_syringa_bottom.png double_plant_syringa_top.png
    screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
  22. Floppygunk

Floppygunk Cereal Killer

Ooh, nice one! It's not quite perfect, but I think it's good enough to roll out 1.7 and improve the texture later (as you can see, I'm eager to finish 1.7).
  23. DrumMaster4

DrumMaster4 Texture Reviewer / Moderator Staff Member

Val, I love the syringa. However, both the texture and the screenshot look very noisy. So many different colored pixels next to each other, I just feel like from a little further it gets crazy. That's my only complaint. So less noise would be better, I think.
  24. MC9272

MC9272 Member

So I'm guessing after Valsis could make some tweaks on his texture, the pack is done? (At least for 1.7)
  25. Valsis

I made this texture while Sheynx was guiding me at the same time. I might be a Texture Reviewer but I prefer to have both Sheynx and DrumMaster to review my work so I wont base my own texture under my own review. Gabby liked the texture so far and didn't point anything against it.

In game the texture looks really good, I keep saying that screenshots don't give justice to the work presented in our forum but it's the closest we have to check how they look besides loading them ourselves.

As soon Sheynx checks the texture we will proceed with the pack. ;)
    Sheynx and DeusExMachina like this.
  26. Ray Yates

Ray Yates Well-Known Member

Very Nice. I actually like the "noisy" quality of the flowers because Lilac blossoms are made up of clusters of flowers that actually do look quite noisy. I also like the subtle shading on the flower cluster. The only problem I see is that it should have more leaves. Lilacs are actually bushier than roses. and I believe the sortex rose bush is quite leafy. Also the addition of more leaves would round out the overall shape of the bush to a more appealing oval shape.

My two cents.
  27. Valsis

I totally understand where you're coming from however, I tried to make it bushier and it looks way to clustered, way to busy. I refuse to use something similar like the rose bush because both plants have total different leaves and using them for the lilac wouldn't make sense at all.

Adding more stuff to the Syringa, at this point, would make it look claustrophobic. :p
  28. Valsis

Made some possible soul sands and this is what I came up with:

Version one (open)

soul_sand.png
    screenshot (open)

[​IMG]

Version two (open)

soul_sand.png
    screenshot (open)

[​IMG]

Version three (open)

soul_sand.png
    screenshot (open)

[​IMG]
    RagedSerpent and MC9272 like this.
  29. Sheynx

Sheynx Well-Known Member Retired Staff

V3 as it's on a balance between rough and smooth. The others are way too jagged for our pack's style.
  30. ezanrki

ezanrki Well-Known Member

It would be really cool (I have no idea if this is actually possible) if using CTM we could make soul sand fit in better with the netherrack. For example making the outside edges of soulsand connected to netherrack have a frame of netherrack and then have it fade from red to brown to kind of make a transition into soulsand. Am I making any sense? Dont really know how to explain it better haha :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.